Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, because throwing 3 INT's in week 17 all in the 4th quarter against a division rival and former head coach to end your opportunity at the playoffs is "safer".  

I'll bow out right here. 

4 interceptions in 4 drives...I was sticking up for geno in a thread the day before that happend. I like geno I think he has a higher ceiling than Fitz but to think Fitz is not a safer qb is madness.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Geno has handled it well. I would expect when he sees Fitz for the first time Geno will give him five and a friendly welcome. But there is no Qb competition and he's not going to start. And Fitz isn't going to be his backup. One guy makes a million and the other guy makes 12. This is Fitz's team for 2016. 

The fact they signed Fitz for 1 year means the FO thinks they're all in for 2016. If Fitz starts 1-4 I would expect they'll be quick to pull the plug and try to salvage the season. Giving Fitz the entire year w/o condition is just plain foolish. 

10 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

4 interceptions in 4 drives...I was sticking up for geno in a thread the day before that happend. I like geno I think he has a higher ceiling than Fitz but to think Fitz is not a safer qb is madness.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

3 INT's in 3 drives by Fitz against a division rival in the 4th quarter with the playoffs on the line. I thought I changed my outlook on Fitz after that week 16 game against the Patriots only to be reminded who the hell this quarterback is. For example, to think that inhaling carbon monoxide is "safer" just because it doesnt smell like the sh*t in your toilet will put you to sleep permanently. 

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The fact they signed Fitz for 1 year means the FO thinks they're all in for 2016. If Fitz starts 1-4 I would expect they'll be quick to pull the plug and try to salvage the season. Giving Fitz the entire year w/o condition is just plain foolish. 

They'll give him more than 5 games for sure unless he plays like Geno Smith and then he's out.  He's getting his chance because he earned it last season. And the team believes in him. 

Paying an extra $2 million to keep this to a one year deal isn't a bad deal at all.  $10 million for a starter is under market and if he hits the incentives to kick total compensation to $15 million it means he's had a hell of a season.  The bonus money is all gravy in both directions.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree. 

Are you really going to keep a running tally on who is rubbing it in?

This news plus your uber thin-skin should amount to some great self-delusion and emo from you.

Good luck with that.

3 hours ago, jfmckenna said:

Geno sucks. Geno fanboys suck worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you're a 4 post clown who discovered the Jets the day they signed Fitz. 

Who are these nimrods? 

The best thing about it is that its a one year deal. Anything is better than friggin Geno Smith starting. Let's hope Fitzchokerick can do something he has never done in his career. Put together back to back seasons of productive play.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:9c4exz8yi.png  + Image result for geno smith  =

What did you want from McDonald's again Mr. Fitzpatrick?

How many stupid clown posts will you make?  The guy as the failure you make him out to be will make more this year as you will in your lifetime.  

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I meant the Geno shot you couldnt sidestep. 

I'm not a Geno hater and have rarely bashed him. But he does have terrible stats and had plenty of starts. He got a fair chance. He doesn't give us our best chance to win. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I'm not a Geno hater and have rarely bashed him. But he does have terrible stats and had plenty of starts. He got a fair chance. He doesn't give us our best chance to win. 

I was talking about the rare time that you did. 

But like I said, you earned it. Good signing for you and the other supporters. Hopefully we'll have more to celebrate this year other than winning 6 more games than the prior season. 

Archived