Brandon Marshall and Revis go at it.

slowmoe57

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With marshalls track record, anything he does is a cause for concern.  

Agreed. And you don't want anything to be a distraction and kill his confidence. We know if his heads on straight what this dude can do. My advice to Revis: leave Marshall alone and concentrate on your opponents. Marshall is on your team and you need him to win.

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

It's not just physical strength. Marshall has that over Revis easily. But Revis is mentally his superior. And it's not even close.

Revis has always been able to shut down big receivers no problem. calvin, andre, marshall, dez, etc. the smaller shifty receivers seem to be more of a challenge for him in general

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

If I were Brandon Marshall, I would reacted in exact same way. Revis initiated this by slapping BM just because he gave a 1st-down sign.

Manish Mehta, tough guy... :box:

Except on leg day.

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

If I were Brandon Marshall, I would reacted in exact same way. Revis initiated this by slapping BM just because he gave a 1st-down sign.

Manish Mehta, tough guy... :box:

I remember mansh*t metha posting on JI for a short while. He would do nothing but spam metha articles and threaten to fight people for talking trash 

Why Marshall vs. Revis is more inexcusable than Beckham vs. Norman

Why Marshall vs. Revis is more inexcusable than Beckham vs. Norman

In this corner, the 31-year-old cornerback who hates any ball completed against him, who is driven to silence naysayers who wonder if Revis Island still is a place where wide receivers go to perish.

In that corner, a volatile, emotionally charged 32-year-old Incredible Hulk of a wide receiver who believes the cornerback who can cover him has yet to be born.

Training camp skirmishes happen all the time, and this was a beauty, a marquee attraction between the Jets’ equivalent of Ali and Frazier in which two proud future Hall of Famers raged at one another both verbally and physically while defiantly standing their ground as football players and men at every turn.

Clash of the Titans in Florham Park.

Boys will be boys and it is summer training camp in the heat and all that, but both Revis and Marshall lost their cool in full view of VIPs and media alike.

Both of them should know better.

There isn’t a head coach or player who doesn’t enjoy the highest level of competition, especially between stars who generally set a standard of excellence, but this time Revis versus Marshall crossed the line and even disrupted practice to a degree while raising its intensity at the same time.

Todd Bowles, who was indoctrinated into the wide world of Stupid Jet Tricks when IK Enemkpali punched out Geno Smith and punched in Ryan Fitzpatrick at the same time, almost a year to the day last Aug. 7, will need to emphasize there will be no playoffs, much less the first Super Bowl in 48 seasons, if the Jets don’t start the season as a family.

Bowles put on an old-school face in public that Bill Parcells might have worn, but he needs to nip this kind of petty, incendiary behavior in the bud with reminders the enemy is in New England — no matter how close Marshall says he and Revis are.

Bowles, asked if part of him liked Revis versus Marshall, said: “Love it.”

Why?

“It’s football. We’re not here judging a beauty pageant.

Modal Triggergeno_smith.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=22
Geno Smith at Jets training camp on FridayPhoto: Bill Kostroun

“You want some players that are chippy and know how to play and keep it clean, but you want ’em on the edge.”

Just not over the edge.

That made Revis vs. Marshall more inexcusable than Odell Beckham Jr. vs. Josh Norman, because these are hardly young bucks, and this was practice, and they are teammates. Marshall caught a comeback route on Revis, signaled first down and all hell began to break loose.

“I beat him two times in a row, and on the third one, he swung and hit me in the face,” Marshall said.

Their WWE showdown soon escalated, with Macho Man Marshall taking a swing at Revis that missed its mark because it was intercepted by Director of Player Development Dave Szott. Marshall, who thankfully has learned to reserve the anger of his youth for the field, had to be restrained by Quincy Enunwa and Fitzpatrick.

“I just told him, ‘Don’t ever put your hands in my face again like that,’ ” Marshall said, “and kinda baited me to do it, and I did it. Kinda went too far, but there’s a thin line between football and being a man, so that’s what it was.”

Revis declined to offer his side.

You have to wonder whether Marshall taunting Revis by invoking the name of the receiver who torched him last year, DeAndre Hopkins, got under his skin by forcing him to ponder his football mortality at a time when he is looking in the mirror hoping to see Superman again.

“Last year we got really close to that line of super-duper competitiveness and today we crossed that line,” Marshall said. “But again, can’t let nobody slap me in the face. I just felt like the way he handled things in one-on-one was what you do to a rookie.”

On the other hand, Marshall, who regretted cursing a ref who didn’t throw a pass interference flag, cannot put his own agenda ahead of the team’s.

“I felt like the first quarter, I took our offense out of rhythm, because I was all riled up,” Marshall said, “and I asked Fitz to throw it to me every time I’m one-on-one against Revis. [Eric Decker] on the other side [is] open, Quincy’s open, and that’s just not good. It’s fun, but we got to come out here and get better, and push the offense forward.”

The good news is Revis’ surgically repaired right wrist didn’t seem to bother him. But better he reserve his anger for Julian Edelman, and better Marshall reserve his for Malcolm Butler.

“He plays with an anger,” Marshall said. “We’re from the same neighborhood. The same thing that makes him great and takes him to the level he’s at, is the same thing that takes me to the level that I’m at.”

Teammates enjoyed the energy it brought to practice. Buster Skrine decided it was time to start hitting another team.

“Steel sharpening steel. No biggie,” David Harris said.

Probably so. Perhaps this is tantamount to making a mountain out of a molehill. It’s just that this franchise leads the league in making mountains out of molehills.

Eat a D1Ck Stevey boy. typical Jets Hater. 

14 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Revis is an all time great and a cool customer while Marshall is an emotional wreck with something to prove.  It isn'tabout who's tougher. You won't find a tougher wr than marshall. 

Either way,  these guys are showing everyone in camp that practice matters and to play all out. 

Revis probably head slapped him in coverage, Marshall took it personally.  No big deal.  GO JETS

Love the idea of Enunwa picking up Marshall and physically carrying him across the field, lol.

Hoping for some good things from both Enunwa and Amaro as "Big receivers" this year.

As to the story itself, lol, we talk'in bout practice?  Practice?  I agree with Harris, steel sharpening steel, no worries.  Fire and passion is good.

5 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I hate New York media and the way they cover Jets. They cater to a$$hole Giant fans and take every possible shot against Jets to cater to those assholes. 

100% agree, for that clown reporter to compare a 5 minute training camp spat with 60 minutes of some the most unprofessional football that I have ever seen is insane, clearly he did not watch that vagiant panthers game...  Beckham and Norman should have been thrown out of the the game before halftime, better comparisons to that fiasco would have been stomping players, throwing helmets and spitting on the fans - not Revis and Marshall turning up the volume on practice 

19 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Of course ESPN and the Daily News will blow this completely out of proportion for weekend fluff.

Actual fans here will blow it even further out of proportion.    Pretty much everyone, from ex players on said its normal, happens and no big deal.

TDavis was confused 

18 hours ago, Shadetree said:

This can only be positive for the young players on the team.

They're probably thinking, "Whoa...jeez..if these two are going at it, I better amp up my game.I better improve my attitude towards my profession if I want to be like either one of those two beasts."

Exactly!

your 2 stars are in each other's grill ... F*ck YEAHHH young bucks .... Watch , learn , ... Go out there and kick some *$$ !!!

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actual fans here will blow it even further out of proportion.    Pretty much everyone, from ex players on said its normal, happens and no big deal.

TDavis was confused 

It will be interesting though to see how this is handled this evening during practice.  The rooks and young bucs will be watching to see how two star vets handle their business after a blowup the previous day.  Good life lessons.

cimini won't let it go !!!  he has 4 ******* stories on this on his ESPN page, what a giant douchebag

Now that both parties have shared their versions, the Brandon Marshall-Darrelle Revis spat can be summarized this way: Revis said it was no big deal, just football. Marshall evidently felt it was a big deal, saying Revis took a cheap shot. Clearly, they disagree. It's probably no coincidence they weren't matched against each other in last night's practice. No practice today; can't wait until tomorrow.

With marshalls track record, anything he does is a cause for concern.  

I love Marshall, probably my favorite current player....but I won't lie, after reading the article I was thinking "hope this guy is still on his meds" lol

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

On 8/6/2016 at 11:55 AM, Matt39 said:

Marshall's still a ticking time bomb. imo. So many wtf plays last year that directly resulted in turnovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCxZb0Km4tg

The lateral was a joke, forgot about the alligator arms to end the game though.

He's insane.  This offseason has been just a perfect showcase of it.  The pining for Fitz and the constant updates, he punts a Football and losses his sh*t because some roster fodder UDFA dropped a pass, he made a bet with the best WR in Football that he's sure to lose and he's betting on his on individual success and not his teams, he's taking swings at possibly the best player in the history of our franchise.  And just the other day I saw that he was on first take claiming Jay Cutler was going to win the MVP of the league if Alshon stays healthy.  A plug for his former QB or WR partner?  I don know.  Crazy.  Yes.

He's ******* nuts and I've been saying it since he's been showing his signs this offseason and I've been getting roasted for it.  It makes me nervous that if this season starts to go south, we're going to see the same Marshall the Bears couldnt run fast enough away from.  He's an amazing player and fun to watch but your right, he's a ticking time bomb.  We just have to hope he can keep it together and not become an issue. 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's insane.  This offseason has been just a perfect showcase of it.  The pining for Fitz and the constant updates, he punts a Football and losses his sh*t because some roster fodder UDFA dropped a pass, he made a bet with the best WR in Football that he's sure to lose and he's betting on his on individual success and not his teams, he's taking swings at possibly the best player in the history of our franchise.  And just the other day I saw that he was on first take claiming Jay Cutler was going to win the MVP of the league if Alshon stays healthy.  A plug for his former QB or WR partner?  I don know.  Crazy.  Yes.

He's ******* nuts and I've been saying it since he's been showing his signs this offseason and I've been getting roasted for it.  It makes me nervous that if this season starts to go south, we're going to see the same Marshall the Bears couldnt run fast enough away from.  He's an amazing player and fun to watch but your right, he's a ticking time bomb.  We just have to hope he can keep it together and not become an issue. 

The ultimate high risk high reward player . Yet atypical in the sense I'm not too familiar if he has been banned from any games. Honestly not.  Yet you see the tilt back and forth on the field as well.  He seems to walk the balance beam between disaster and big play at all times.  This season will be very interesting.  At best he helps the Jets over achieve and may surprise us all.  At worst shoots his way out mid season if we are2-6, professes his love for Cutler and ends up back in Chicago.  

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The ultimate high risk high reward player . Yet atypical in the sense I'm not too familiar if he has been banned from any games. Honestly not.  Yet you see the tilt back and forth on the field as well.  He seems to walk the balance beam between disaster and big play at all times.  This season will be very interesting.  At best he helps the Jets over achieve and may surprise us all.  At worst shoots his way out mid season if we are2-6, professes his love for Cutler and ends up back in Chicago.  

Yeah, I guess you have to take the bad with the good.  There is no understating what he does for the offense and especially for Fitz.  The guy makes this thing work, no doubt.

Hopefully he's just getting this all out of him before the season starts.  I'm just scared that a slow start and the wheels come off with this dude.  And that slow start, is a very very high possibility the way that schedule is stacked.   

Get yer popcorn ready!

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yeah, I guess you have to take the bad with the good.  There is no understating what he does for the offense and especially for Fitz.  The guy makes this thing work, no doubt.

Hopefully he's just getting this all out of him before the season starts.  I'm just scared that a slow start and the wheels come off with this dude.  And that slow start, is a very very high possibility the way that schedule is stacked.   

Get yer popcorn ready!

Be a whole in the the bottom of my popcorn for you.  

On August 6, 2016 at 0:31 PM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

100% agree, for that clown reporter to compare a 5 minute training camp spat with 60 minutes of some the most unprofessional football that I have ever seen is insane, clearly he did not watch that vagiant panthers game...  Beckham and Norman should have been thrown out of the the game before halftime, better comparisons to that fiasco would have been stomping players, throwing helmets and spitting on the fans - not Revis and Marshall turning up the volume on practice 

NY media is all Giants fans

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I know he's bipolar but Marshall has been a model citizen and leader since he's been here aside from this scrum

Archived