Jets \ Eagles: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

He doesn't look good but we have to remember he's had limited reps and is playing with backups exclusively especially on the Oline. 

He's playing against 3rd stringers, too. Games like this get some Qbs cut. I am more confident about Petty, though. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Im too old but it looks to me like the Jets wasted another draft pick on a QB 

I'm old too, but I'm willing to give a rookie with limited practice a little more time before I throw him on the sh*t pile.  You have a lot of patience for a particular QB who has had his share of struggles but not for this kid who everyone agreed was a project.  What gives?

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He's playing against 3rd stringers, too. Games like this get some Qbs cut. I am more confident about Petty, though. 

Hack has looked terrible, but our 3rd string OL is way worse than their 3rd string DL; look how much time the other QB has and how much time hack has

Just now, Joejet said:

I'm old too, but I'm willing to give a rookie with limited practice a little more time before I throw him on the sh*t pile.  You have a lot of patience for a particular QB who has had his share of struggles but not for this kid who everyone agreed was a project.  What gives?

Tired of it we waste valuable draft picks on many players who should be helping this team win a Super Bowl by now 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Well that's something the NFL needs. A developmental league. Then you will see teams taking less chances like Hackenberg

Oh, I agree. Judging a rookie in his 2nd preseason game is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tired of it we waste valuable draft picks on many players who should be helping this team win a Super Bowl by now 

Not sure who you think we should have picked in the 2nd round over Hack that would help the Jets win a SB now (okay maybe OL).

You need to either luck out and draft Brady in the 6th, be bad enough to pick #1,#2 a few years in a row and hope for the next Luck, or draft projects and give them time to grow. Not sure there is another choice.

Archived