Fitz is hot garbage.

Embrace the Suck

48 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Nice, that was quick.  As usual, thanks for the time/effort put into it.

Thanks.  

Yeah, my wife said that I should write these on a specified time so people can expect it, instead of being surprised by it.  Ergo, I decided to post them on Tuesday mornings for Sunday games, lol.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Thanks.  

Yeah, my wife said that I should write these on a specified time so people can expect it, instead of being surprised by it.  Ergo, I decided to post them on Tuesday mornings for Sunday games, lol.  

Whatever works for you man.  Beggars can't be choosers.  We're lucky to get the breakdowns at any point throughout the week.

1 hour ago, Mecca said:

If you think this past Sunday was good Quarterback play you don't know football. Checking down almost every play and being unable to get the ball to your receivers split wide is an issue.

Fitz was ok early on in the game but once the bengals adjusted it was over

9 hours ago, JiF said:

There is so much contradiction in this post it's amazing and I love it.

Dont bitch, we suck!!!! Get used to it!!!  But stop whining!!!!

Let me enjoy sucking!!!  Just shut up!!!!  But I'm allowed to talk because I'm a fake optimistic!!!

Dont bitch but let me bitch about your bitching!!!

This was juicy!

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

THIS GUY ^^^^^ GETS IT!!!! lol. :D

Meanwhile, you think I have comprehension issues. Dance puppet dance...

6 hours ago, cant wait said:

Agreed that if there's any QB change it means the season is already over. They aren't benching fitz if the team is still competing for a playoff spot. I have to think though that the decision to keep smith as #2 is strictly as injury replacement. And if fitz doesn't learn how to slide better soon he will get hurt playing like that... He's a tough guy but he took a pretty nasty looking shot to the dome after sliding head first on one of the possessions near the goal line

Not exactly.. I don't think our D is that great to carry fitz, but if they were able to help the team win games while fitz continued to play horrible, no dount Bowles would pull the plug. But don't think the D is that great to carry a bad qb.. This isn't 09/10 .

10 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not exactly.. I don't think our D is that great to carry fitz, but if they were able to help the team win games while fitz continued to play horrible, no dount Bowles would pull the plug. But don't think the D is that great to carry a bad qb.. This isn't 09/10 .

Again, the reliance on defense only goes so far. Defenses even good ones fail several times every game.Not every game is 13-7.  The rules favor offense. Was scared going into season that in a  game Jets needed to score 4 TDs the offense simply cannot do it. Against a good QB like Dalton, you need more than the effort we got from the offense. 

Good thing;we know Rex Ryan still doesn't really get that. But when Sperm mentions Bowles barely speaks to the offense nor Fitz all week, have to say that bothers me tremendously. HC is in charge of the whole team, not one unit. Has to be more involved, set priorities and goals, talk about matchups, gameplan and playcalls. If he isn't doing those things, well...

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah, I remember the article where Fitz admitted he doesnt talk to Bowles at all.  Like, they have zero interaction through the week.  It was, as you said, Gailey going over the game plan, Bowles signing off and that's it.

The reality is, I dont think this is that uncommon in terms of how much time the coach spends meddling in each coordinators game plan.  I think obviously, it depends on what side of the ball you came from hence Todd not really having any input on offense...similar to Rex.  This equally as knowledgeable on both sides of the ball coach, doesnt actually exist. Only in the minds of fans. 

But not talking to your QB is bizarre.  They should literally have weekly one on one meetings.  Not just about game plan but about locker room culture stuff too.  He's your ******* leader...not having a single conversation with him throughout the week is nuts. 

Something that has been concerning me lately is, what is the identity of this team?  Like, what is Todd's vision?  What type of identity does he want?  Is he a passing team?  Is he a running team?  Are we a balanced team?  Do we line up and play or do we adjust each week to our opponent?  I have no clue.  And I wonder if Todd has a vision.  If he does, hopefully he's told the team because I dont recall him ever sharing that vision.  And not the he should...but just saying...this team really has no identity and there doesnt seem to be any type of consistent vision that they're trying to execute.  

I agree it is an unusual rarity - to the extent it happens at all - for a HC to be equally involved in the offense, defense, and specials. But just signing off on Tuesdays on the gameplan - and then not even speaking to his favored QB - is no way to get any better at that side of the ball. If he was going to learn to be a coaching asset on offense just by coaching defense, it would have happened by now.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:50 PM, Villain The Foe said:

You asked a question earlier about "should Fitz 2nd guess his accuracy". Maybe he should when he's been noticing how off target he's been, in relation to other receivers who are wide open on the football field. If you have a "hot hand" and you're throwing darts all over the field, then I could understand making that decision and THEN I could understand your position. However, when you're throwing the ball all over the place like that then I expect for you to understand that and make the better decision on that play. 

I dont expect Fitz to question his accuracy, but I do. 

Heh.  Double heh.

Questions.  Awesome.

On 9/11/2016 at 4:08 PM, Embrace the Suck said:

No deep ball, sacked only once, has to be carried by his team. Throws it high, throws it low, throws it behind. The Jets know this which is why they were in no hurry to resign him. Dalton was sacked 7 freaking times. Yes, Marshall dropped a key throw a the end, but it shouldn't have come to that. People make a big deal about last year's "record setting numbers" but those numbers are average for a team which isn't dysfunctional.

Embrace the Suck

On 9/13/2016 at 10:14 AM, JiF said:

Yeah, I remember the article where Fitz admitted he doesnt talk to Bowles at all.  Like, they have zero interaction through the week.  It was, as you said, Gailey going over the game plan, Bowles signing off and that's it.

The reality is, I dont think this is that uncommon in terms of how much time the coach spends meddling in each coordinators game plan.  I think obviously, it depends on what side of the ball you came from hence Todd not really having any input on offense...similar to Rex.  This equally as knowledgeable on both sides of the ball coach, doesnt actually exist. Only in the minds of fans. 

But not talking to your QB is bizarre.  They should literally have weekly one on one meetings.  Not just about game plan but about locker room culture stuff too.  He's your ******* leader...not having a single conversation with him throughout the week is nuts. 

Something that has been concerning me lately is, what is the identity of this team?  Like, what is Todd's vision?  What type of identity does he want?  Is he a passing team?  Is he a running team?  Are we a balanced team?  Do we line up and play or do we adjust each week to our opponent?  I have no clue.  And I wonder if Todd has a vision.  If he does, hopefully he's told the team because I dont recall him ever sharing that vision.  And not the he should...but just saying...this team really has no identity and there doesnt seem to be any type of consistent vision that they're trying to execute.  

Most football coaches are thin-skinned stubborn dickheads. 

7 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Heh.  Double heh.

Questions.  Awesome.

See you next week. If Fitz can stay consistent then you'll have something here. He had a great game last night, but he looked like sh*t in week 1. His performance last night and the fact that you waited to comment on what was said of his week 1 performance only after last nights week 2 performance doesnt change a thing about what was said about him for his game 1 performance. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, calling our starting Qb garbage is a lot of horse s. It's disrespectful and just typical negativity. You put some people behind the wheel on the roads and they act like maniacs. Same goes for the internet. 

Calling out a player for looking like garbage is fair game when the do look like it. Fitz had a great game last night, that doesnt change a thing about what we seen in week 1. If Fitz looks like hot garbage in week 3 it wont change what he looked like in week 2. 

However, if people want to stop hearing people call out the QB how about the QB play like he did last night alot more consistently. Saying that people are disrespectful is stupid, especially coming from a FItz sympathizer. If he doesnt have bad games then he wont hear the disrespect and negativity. 

Darrelle Revis is one of the greatest Jets in history and he's even feeling the pain. He's somehow fair game because he's not a QB or Fitzpatrick? 

Fitz had a great game, the best game he had as a Jet imo, but last week he was hot garbage. This week he was a top 10 QB, and if im correct this is first time beating a team that scored more than 30 points. The dude was in rare form last night. 

You wont hear much from the people being negative on him because he didnt play like hot garbage last night. If he keeps it up then you wont have to worry about the negativity. If he cant he'll be getting the same negativity that many throw on our past starters...you know, the guys who we can trash but it isnt disrespectful then? 

Fitz had a great game. Glad the Jets didnt destroy their season by going 0-2 and losing to 2 straight AFC opponents. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

See you next week. If Fitz can stay consistent then you'll have something here. He had a great game last night, but he looked like sh*t in week 1. His performance last night and the fact that you waited to comment on what was said of his week 1 performance only after last nights week 2 performance doesnt change a thing about what was said about him for his game 1 performance. 

If you're lucky the Jets will lose in KC and Fitz will look bad.  There is hope for you.

And no Fitz did not look like sh*t in week one.

As for me I have consistently said that Fitzpatrick is far and away the best Qb on the Jets roster.  And that does not mean he's any better than an average NFL starting QB.  One game like Cincy does not change that.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Calling out a player for looking like garbage is fair game when the do look like it. Fitz had a great game last night, that doesnt change a thing about what we seen in week 1. If Fitz looks like hot garbage in week 3 it wont change what he looked like in week 2. 

However, if people want to stop hearing people call out the QB how about the QB play like he did last night alot more consistently. Saying that people are disrespectful is stupid, especially coming from a FItz sympathizer. If he doesnt have bad games then he wont hear the disrespect and negativity. 

Darrelle Revis is one of the greatest Jets in history and he's even feeling the pain. He's somehow fair game because he's not a QB or Fitzpatrick? 

Fitz had a great game, the best game he had as a Jet imo, but last week he was hot garbage. This week he was a top 10 QB, and if im correct this is first time beating a team that scored more than 30 points. The dude was in rare form last night. 

You wont hear much from the people being negative on him because he didnt play like hot garbage last night. If he keeps it up then you wont have to worry about the negativity. If he cant he'll be getting the same negativity that many throw on our past starters...you know, the guys who we can trash but it isnt disrespectful then? 

Fitz had a great game. Glad the Jets didnt destroy their season by going 0-2 and losing to 2 straight AFC opponents. 

He wasn't garbage last year and you can call him macaroni if you want. But it's disrespectful even if you don't like the player. Because he's our starting Qb how's about a little respect even if he has a poor game. And overall in 18 starts he's been ok to very good. He was not garbage in any game including week 17. 

He wasn't garbage last year and you can call him macaroni if you want. But it's disrespectful even if you don't like the player. Because he's our starting Qb how's about a little respect even if he has a poor game. And overall in 18 starts he's been ok to very good. He was not garbage in any game including week 17. 

Hey Rangers9, how many times did you have to change your shorts last night?

Great game by Fitz last night!

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Hey Rangers9, how many times did you have to change your shorts last night?

Great game by Fitz last night!

Hey Tex. Welcome back. I thought that Jimmy G played well and a very smart offense by BB and McDaniel against Arizona. Your players don't shoot themselves in the foot the way we did last night. If they did they are gone fast.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

He gets what he deserves when he plays poorly. I'll let the sympathizers sympathize. He's no different than any of our past QB's. Thats who Jets fans operate. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

He gets what he deserves when he plays poorly. I'll let the sympathizers sympathize. He's no different than any of our past QB's. Thats who Jets fans operate. 

Hey you can call him out or any player for bad play. I do too, but he's a Jets player and an important one and how's about a little more respect. Plus over two seasons he's earned it. He had a good year last season, too. But what do some of our fans do. Rip the guy to shreds and make up bogus stats like "almost interceptions" to knock the guy down even when he was good. How's about stopping it with the front running. I mean some of these guys wanted to cut Folk on the spot after missing a few kicks and he's played pretty well don't you think. 

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

If you're lucky the Jets will lose in KC and Fitz will look bad.  There is hope for you.

And no Fitz did not look like sh*t in week one.

As for me I have consistently said that Fitzpatrick is far and away the best Qb on the Jets roster.  And that does not mean he's any better than an average NFL starting QB.  One game like Cincy does not change that.

The hope for me is that he plays better than his career. I dont care what you said in the past, I care about this guy showing up consistently, to the point there we dont have to feel like his performance would have changed no matter if it was Kansas City or an injury riddled Buffalo defense. 

You can create whatever narrative you want for week 1, it doesnt matter now since you're speaking after week 2 has concluded. Chump move. 

Have the last word. I'm not interested in entertaining this and taking away from what Fitz actually did yesterday, because unlike what you think, my position on Fitzpatrick isnt like everyone elses position on Geno...which is hatred. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Hey you can call him out or any player for bad play. I do too, but he's a Jets player and an important one and how's about a little more respect. Plus over two seasons he's earned it. He had a good year last season, too. But what do some of our fans do. Rip the guy to shreds and make up bogus stats like "almost interceptions" to knock the guy down even when he was good. How's about stopping it with the front running. I mean some of these guys wanted to cut Folk on the spot after missing a few kicks and he's played pretty well don't you think. 

And it will continue. 

Whats the problem? Be consistent, play like a franchise guy and you wont have to worry about the nonsense you're talking about. 

Im going to enjoy this victory now and make sure I have a Beer this evening dedicated to FItz performance. Thats what people who criticize him expect from him when he's getting paid 12 million dollars. No one cares about the sympathizing. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And it will continue. 

Whats the problem? Be consistent, play like a franchise guy and you wont have to worry about the nonsense you're talking about. 

Im going to enjoy this victory now and make sure I have a Beer this evening dedicated to FItz performance. Thats what people who criticize him expect from him when he's getting paid 12 million dollars. No one cares about the sympathizing. 

12 mil is low money for a starter. And it's for one season only. Much below what other starting  Qbs are making. He's not a franchise Qb and he's not paid like one.. He had a good season in 2016 we are not judging him on ten years ago. Since coming to the Jets he's been a good player. And it was eminently smart to re-sign him. And stupid to make it go for 7 months. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

12 mil is low money for a starter. And it's for one season only. Much below what other starting  Qbs are making. He's not a franchise Qb and he's not paid like one.. He had a good season in 2016 we are not judging him on ten years ago. Since coming to the Jets he's been a good player. And it was eminently smart to re-sign him. And stupid to make it go for 7 months. 

I dont really care for this. 

Enjoy the week 2 victory and hope that he can consistently be like what we seen last night. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The hope for me is that he plays better than his career. I dont care what you said in the past, I care about this guy showing up consistently, to the point there we dont have to feel like his performance would have changed no matter if it was Kansas City or an injury riddled Buffalo defense. 

You can create whatever narrative you want for week 1, it doesnt matter now since you're speaking after week 2 has concluded. Chump move. 

Have the last word. I'm not interested in entertaining this and taking away from what Fitz actually did yesterday, because unlike what you think, my position on Fitzpatrick isnt like everyone elses position on Geno...which is hatred. 

A chump move.  Wow.  I guess you are in a bad mood having watched the Jets win, but I think that was uncalled for. 

Rough day for Smith Fans.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont really care for this. 

Enjoy the week 2 victory and hope that he can consistently be like what we seen last night. 

So what you and others are saying is that if he's not great every week you are off the bandwagon and back to what you've been saying for months. That Fitz is garbage. That doesn't work in football because no player including franchise Qbs are great every week for a number of reasons. Esp their opponents some of whom put out a good game play on defense. He's not a franchise Qb and not fair to judge him like one. If he is one then pay him like a franchise Qb. The Jets wanted to pay him like a backup. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

So what you and others are saying is that if he's not great every you are off the bandwagon and back to what you've been saying for months. That Fitz is garbage. That doesn't work in football because no player including franchise Qbs are great every week for a number of reasons. Esp their opponents some of who put out a good game play on defense. He's not a franchise Qb and not fair to judge him like one. If he is one then pay him like a franchise Qb. The Jets wanted to pay him like a backup. 

You're still talking about summer stuff. The season started 2 weeks ago. 

I'll leave you in the month of July if you want to stay there. Im not allowing you to use a great game to suddenly clean up everything that those people who you're talking about has mentioned about Fitz...as if there werent legit points there. 

This is your emotions talking, go to your lady for consolement. Enjoy the victory and stop trying to convince everyone to see it your way. We dont. We will enjoy the victory but until Fitz becomes consistent our point of view will be what it is. That doesnt mean that we're sweeping last nights game under the rug. It was his greatest game as a Jet, at the same time we're also not going to take that one game and make it seem like his history isnt his history. 

Again, I dont care about how you feel about stuff that people said to you or about your quarterback months ago. The season is here and we're 1-1. 

Archived