Who gets most of the blame for the loss this week?

Kevin L

Who gets most of the blame for the loss this week?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Blame-o-meter

11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

No Red zone TD's falls on your QB. He missed Decker. The pick was as usual in the choke time part of the game. 

The pick was inconsequential the game was basically over. That's when most picks occur in situations like that. He threw 2 TD passes so what do you want (except a W). His stats were similar to Aaron Rodgers today. Bortles had over 300 yards in that game. A superstar performance by Fitz might have overcome other players mistakes like Marshall. He's not a superstar no kidding but a good Qb and he had a decent game today. 

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Kurly1982 said:

Hey guys new to the forum. Revis got torched and Fitz is not on point for holding out. Although it seems the blame always comes down to the QB, the blame should go on the defensive coordinator. The bubble screen lost us this game. Painful to watch over and over again. Defense had success when they doubled Green and had mixed coverages. No need to blitz when your D line gets pressure and lb's can't cover average TE's. The one thing Rex was good at was using more cb's esp. if the running game is weak. He blitzed a lot bc he had no d line. Seems like coaching got this wrong.

I agree with all of this.  the bengals are well coached, when the jets played up, they threw over them, when the jets played off they threw short.  The jets never seem to have a game like that, where they are prepared for whatever the other guys do

fitz and the offense looked confused as well, like the weeks preparation was pointless

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

....and this is a surprise to you after waiting 45 years for a franchise quarterback?

Let me remind you of the thrilling options at quarterback this season:

Ryan Fitzpatrick (won 10 games in one season in New York)

Geno Smith (sucks)

Bryce Petty (developmental)

Gee.  Hmm. Yeah, really tough choice.  

SAR I

The middle two bring the threat of the deep pass. Fitz is not an option to me

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The logical answer is NIck Folk. HE had a bad game and it cost them

Of course, Jets fans are anything but logical so they will pick on Revis, Fitz, Bowles. and Gailey

I seen a lot of potential today and was surprisingly happy considering it was a loss. The oline played better then I thought they would. I figured they'd be complete sh*t. 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Aside from the defensive line, the team looked unprepared and everyone folded at some point. From Marshall to Fitz to even the ******* kicker. That's on the coach, who I'm sorry to say has been making quite the case for himself that he doesn't know what he's doing. His last two regular season losses have been some pretty awful choke jobs to watch.

Can't say I have a ton of confidence in the guy. This team has developed a serious habit of handing over wins the past two years.

There are, indeed, some very troubling signs. How he handles Revis and the QB position over the next two months defines his career. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Here's the anti-Macc case: Idzik left him a sh*t-ton of cap space and he spent it on Fitz, Revis, Marcus Gilchrist, Buster Skrine, and Brandon Marshall, each of whom was forcibly ejected from their prior franchises.

Or of this year's rookies, the 7th rd punter and the udfa kick returner were the only contributors in week 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Or of this year's rookies, the 7th rd punter and the udfa kick returner were the only contributors in week 1

If Maccagnan was smart, he'd do everything in his power to insulate himself from making the team rely on Hackenberg, at all, at any point in the future. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here's the anti-Macc case: Idzik left him a sh*t-ton of cap space and he spent it on Fitz, Revis, Marcus Gilchrist, Buster Skrine, and Brandon Marshall, each of whom was forcibly ejected from their prior franchises.

No, those guys are all great. Draft picks are for homos

26 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I seen a lot of potential today and was surprisingly happy considering it was a loss. The oline played better then I thought they would. I figured they'd be complete sh*t. 

Oddly enough kinda same place I'm at.  I thought we would have been slaughtered today because no O line no running game. I guess everyone is upset because they had lofty expectations?  No idea why . 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Maccagnan was smart, he'd do everything in his power to insulate himself from making the team rely on Hackenberg, at all, at any point in the future. 

All hack needs is touch, decision making and accuracy. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The assumption was that Revis was 3-4 years from the abyss and its unfortunately coming sooner than anyone expected. Revis is our #1 back there and he is assigned to the #1 WR and if he isn't up to the task there is no solution.  

Now, blame Maccagnan if you thought Revis was done when he was fresh off the Super Bowl and signed.  If not, he's as surprised as you and me how bad Revis got in so short an amount of time.

SAR I

The best option is to match Revis up on the #2 WR.... and double the #1 with the other DBs.  

Not sure it is a "solution," but it is better than the alternative.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There are, indeed, some very troubling signs. How he handles Revis and the QB position over the next two months defines his career. 

You're probably right, but that says a lot more about this fan base than anything else. Bowles is fine. Nothing more, nothing less. The roster is a godawful mess, and it's been engineered to be that way. Our success, as always, is contingent on this particular boob being the one that happens to trip over a QB. If he's not, we'll have fresh faces in 2018. And so on and so on ad infinitum.

fitz got the bigger money he wanted too bad we are seeing why nobody else wanted to pay him

he sucks always has always will

even scarier is the other 3 guys are bad too and I will save you the wait-hackenburg will be the next browning nagel -next year I hope we dont pick a qb in round two yet again.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

You're probably right, but that says a lot more about this fan base than anything else. Bowles is fine. Nothing more, nothing less. The roster is a godawful mess, and it's been engineered to be that way. Our success, as always, is contingent on this particular boob being the one that happens to trip over a QB. If he's not, we'll have fresh faces in 2018. And so on and so on ad infinitum.

My concern with Bowles is that he has one plan and one philosophy and it either works or it doesn't. I think that's a diminishing returns proposition, ultimately, and he'll be onto his next job before he realizes that he needs to learn how to throw the change up.

57 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Funny how you omit the Buffalo game. Win and in. He gagged.

Again, no one is saying Ryan Fitzpatrick is some high-pressure postseason God.  However, in December of last year under must-win conditions he led us on 3 miracle fourth quarter comebacks against the Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots.  Made clutch plays in overtime in two of those contests as well.

Name the quarterback that Mike Maccagnan passed on last offseason and this offseason that would be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Again, no one is saying Ryan Fitzpatrick is some high-pressure postseason God.  However, in December of last year under must-win conditions he led us on 3 miracle fourth quarter comebacks against the Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots.  Made clutch plays in overtime in two of those contests as well.

Name the quarterback that Mike Maccagnan passed on last offseason and this offseason that would be better than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

SAR I

Dak on Dallas

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I Fitzpatrick won 10 games with the easiest schedule in the NFL we beat 2 teams with winning records 

Id rather see a rookie then watch the same old loser Ryan Fitzpatrick 

That's the other option and one I would have embraced in July as well.  I did not care whether Fitzpatrick or Petty was our regular season starter, I just didn't want Geno Smith.

Apparently, Petty's weak showing in July led the Jets to believe they had to sign Fitzpatrick.  Petty's strong showing in August gives us hope, be it later this year or next.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

That's the other option and one I would have embraced in July as well.  I did not care whether Fitzpatrick or Petty was our regular season starter, I just didn't want Geno Smith.

Apparently, Petty's weak showing in July led the Jets to believe they had to sign Fitzpatrick.  Petty's strong showing in August gives us hope, be it later this year or next.

SAR I

Good luck with Fitzpatrick at the helm many teams tried and he failed nothing going to change here gonna be a long season. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Were you not watching last season when Ryan Fitzpatrick led the Jets on 3 miracle 4th quarter drives to beat the Giants, Cowboys, and Patriots in the middle of a 5-0 stretch enroute to a 10 win season?  You know, in the "choke time" part of games?

SAR I

How can anyone forget the FG with :41 left to beat Dallas' third-string QB along with Tom Coughlin's brainflub and Belichick's coinflop that saved Fitz from choking?

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's the core of players who got us to 10 wins last year, can't say it was a bad haul despite today's disaster.

That said, I am uncertain of better players he could have tapped instead of those at those positions.  Did he whiff at CB or were those best-available at the time?

SAR I

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just don't know how much to care anymore. By all measures this time around Woody went the right way about the hiring process, and it still looks like we'll be hitting the reset button in 2018. Like, wtf. Don't you have to luck into something eventually?

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Good luck with Fitzpatrick at the helm many teams tried and he failed nothing going to change here gonna be a long season. 

Perhaps you have me confused with someone else (hard to believe since we've been debating all summer):

1. I am no Ryan Fitzpatrick fan but I understand he's the best available option right now as we rebuild the most important position in the sport, a JAG who can win some games, someone smart who can mentor the kids, someone in his career twilight who will transition from starter to backup very quietly and sportively.

2. I don't have the Jets as a playoff team.  Clearly I'm on the record as saying the postseason longshot is now over since we lost our must-win first game today.

3. I predicted the Jets for 7-9 this season.

If this is more Geno Smith nonsense from you, let me know, I'll end this tangent now.  Fitz is the best option based on last year, based on Petty's inexperience/health, simple as that.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL.  First the epiphany that Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't going to lead the Jets to the Super Bowl, now Dak Prescott is a Hall of Famer.

What did you drink today?

SAR I

He can throw a deep pass. Fitz cannot even threaten it. The threat of the deep pass makes teams respect your arm. The physical tools count in football. You spin things so wacky.

Archived