Who gets most of the blame for the loss this week?

Kevin L

Who gets most of the blame for the loss this week?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Blame-o-meter

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously Folk but I did not care for the game plan and the Marshall drop didn't help matters. Sorry but you just cant Drop balls that hit you right in the hands that would have put us 10 yards from field goal range with 50 seconds left after the spike we would have probably had 40 seconds to go about 15 - 20 yards to win the game.

bowles.  team didn't adjust, and came out for the 2nd half sleepwalking.  defense was caught in 2 covering 3 on WR screens.

the players made plenty of physical mistakes, but there is a pattern with bowles letting star players kill this team

13 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Obviously Folk but I did not care for the game plan and the Marshall drop didn't help matters. Sorry but you just cant Drop balls that hit you right in the hands that would have put us 10 yards from field goal range with 50 seconds left after the spike we would have probably had 40 seconds to go about 15 - 20 yards to win the game.

That was a killer.

Enuwa looked really good, so there's that.

Aside from the defensive line, the team looked unprepared and everyone folded at some point. From Marshall to Fitz to even the ******* kicker. That's on the coach, who I'm sorry to say has been making quite the case for himself that he doesn't know what he's doing. His last two regular season losses have been some pretty awful choke jobs to watch.

Can't say I have a ton of confidence in the guy. This team has developed a serious habit of handing over wins the past two years.

I don't know if it was Folk or the holder, but Revis has to bear part of the blame. If the players performed - Jets win win so cannot place blame on coaching which, in retrospect, was not sublime but can't put the onus on Bowles when missed point  after and chippie FG changes outcome.

Too many big plays given up by the secondary, doesn't matter how many sacks you get it they are immediately followed by 50 yard bombs.

That being said the red zone offense and actually the offensive game plan in general were poor, lots of throws to nothing, the 'screen' to Enunwa a good example, Fitz didn't even bother to check if the CB was playing off or not, just threw it anyway, Enunwa hit immediately, loss on the play. 

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The secondary cost us this game. With a QB pounded 7 times, no running game, no TE, and 1 NFL caliber WR they got torched as bad as any team in the league giving up huge plays that killed us.

It's completely embarrassing.  

SAR I

Agree, similar to Bills week 17. One guy to stop and cannot do it.

Out defense is all we've invested in for s decade+ and never changes.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agree, similar to Bills week 17. One guy to stop and cannot do it.

Out defense is all we've invested in for s decade+ and never changes.

+1

That said, we do have a world-class defensive line and the LB's appear to be faster and ultimately will cover better.  Next year Maccagnan will revamp the secondary and the D will be complete.  As for the O, that's up to Petty or Hack or whomever we draft in April.  It's why the sooner we give the ball to Petty the better, validate him now and not have question marks in the offseason.

SAR I

The Jets lost by one. If Folk hits either his FG or his PAT it is a different story. Especially if he hits both as he should have. Everything else is just what happened in a football game. It should have been Jets 26, Bengals 23, but it wasn't. Marshall's drop is something he seems to have made a habit of - at least once a game he loses focus and has a bad drop. Also, if I see the Jets turn and hand off to a RB on short yardage, I'm gittin my gun. Run the QB sneak for God's sake. How difficult is it to take the snap and push forward and make a scrum out of it and have the RB push you the one freaking yard? Totally idiotic to have the QB take the snap, turn and hand off to a RB four yards from the line. The defense gets a push and kills the play right there. Tom Brady does it all the time on short yardage and he makes it most of the time. Jets should have led 14-0 instead of trying a short FG that was blocked. Get a clue Gailey, what is the shortest distance between two points?

Archived