Unbiased Observations About The Game

PCP63

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

This is some of the dumbest analysis of a football game I've seen in a while. 

This is nitpicking a handful of problems and trying to pass them off as disastrous crises for the team.

You can **** right off with this sh*t.

This reminds me of some Adam Sandler movie where he answered some question on a Jeopardy type game and the guy went to town on him, he said something like 'that was the dumbest answer i have ever heard.... no cogent thought... we are all dumber having heard it' and completed with 'my gd have mercy on your soul'

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Mini Marshall really looked like he's settled down. Even judging punts looks much more effortless now. 

That fumble was not as bad as it looked. He would have held onto the ball to the ground, just that there happened to be a 300 lb man between him and the ground. Not sure what he was supposed to do there. 

We'd have to ask someone with experience laying down next to a 300 lb. man.   Any volunteers?

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

This reminds me of some Adam Sandler movie where he answered some question on a Jeopardy type game and the guy went to town on him, he said something like 'that was the dumbest answer i have ever heard.... no cogent thought... we are all dumber having heard it' and completed with 'my gd have mercy on your soul'

Welcome to the wonderful world of Billy Madison.  This place is full of those moments. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He put the ball on the ground a lot in preseason, and Bowles has hinted at it being an area of concern, but the ceiling is high for this kid, and the staff sees that.

Oh I agree.  I was pointing out yet again the complete lunacy of the OP's post.

Exactly .  The fact he gave up that fumble score and came back to help his team win spoke miles of his make up.  The catch he made on the three yard line was amazing. The talent on this team and their development is so not Jet like.  LOL

Bingo. The kid balled after a huge mistake. That takes heart.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Exactly .  The fact he gave up that fumble score and came back to help his team win spoke miles of his make up.  The catch he made on the three yard line was amazing. The talent on this team and their development is so not Jet like.  LOL

All these WRs we just snatched up from the 7th round on. It's like no one needs receivers. 

Now if we could only find a damn TE. I would seriously think of doing away with the position. Who needs a TE that can't block or catch? 

We could stick a tackle there who could actually block, and he could pretend to be a passing option as well as Davis. 

That or give Housewares a shot, or just spread the field and make 10, or 20 the base formation. 

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

We'd have to ask someone with experience laying down next to a 300 lb. man.   Any volunteers?

This is not a dating site...but you can post some pictures. I'm sure you'll get some offers. :usel:

I belive he was sitting on top of the 300 lb man anyway. If he was laying next to him he would have been down by contact.

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

-Fitz. Yes, he came back strong, but everything before that was just terrible. His receivers were bailing him out. I'd say he still had a good overall game, but he's still not the answer

Rubbish.  Complete garbage.

No one claims Fitz is a franchise QB but to say he was terrible in the first half is an agenda based pile of nonsense.

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Usually, I'm the one to crap on some players, and praise others, but last night completely flipped the script. I'm now LESS confident going in to next week, despite the win.

Some positives:

-Q. Obviously. Need I say more? He was very solid last night, and it didn't look like a fluke.

-Lee. Fast, got to the backfield with speed, good stuff.

-Fitz. Came back strong in the 2nd half.

-Lach punting great as always.

Negatives:

Where do I start...

-Lee was fast in the run game, but his height clearly affected him a few times. I can recall one particular play where Tate ran right up the middle because it looked like Lee didn't fill his gap (looked like he was too short to see).

-Fitz. Yes, he came back strong, but everything before that was just terrible. His receivers were bailing him out. I'd say he still had a good overall game, but he's still not the answer.

-Chan. My god. Those two damn shovel passes. No QB sneaks at the goal line. Just crappy play-calling in general. Yes, Fitz needs to execute. But Chan needs to also draw up better plays.

-Bowles. Same issues we had at the end of last season clearly weren't addressed enough. Blame it on the GM if you want. I blame it on poor coaching. Also, letting Marshall come back was irresponsible, IMO. Will only make him re-aggravate the injury later in the season when we need him. I like Bowles, but he needs to be on a short leash right now. Hot seat.

-Jalin Marshall. Keep him on PR/KR duty. Fumbles cannot be tolerated. He did it all preseason as well. Why is Robby Anderson not out there? He looks like a HUGE steal.

-Revis. Enough said. I've defended him the last few years, and didn't believe he had taken a step back last year. This year, he's the worst CB we have by far. Atrocious.

ill-tell-you.gif

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also had receivers drop 6 passes and another WR who fumbled, leading to a TD for the opposition.  So it goes both ways. 

Along with a holding call that called back a long completion to Decker.  Our fan base is insane once they hitch their horses to a specific agenda. Fitz was the difference in winning or losing that game last night.

6 minutes ago, GimmeShelter said:

Along with a holding call that called back a long completion to Decker.  Our fan base is insane once they hitch their horses to a specific agenda. Fitz was the difference in winning or losing that game last night.

In their minds, there are only three possible outcomes when Fitz is the starting quarterback.

1) A loss, which is all his fault.

2) A tie, which would have been a win if not for Fitz.

3) A win, which Fitz had nothing to do with...just tossed it up there and let his receivers bail him out.

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

In their minds, there are only three possible outcomes when Fitz is the starting quarterback.

1) A loss, which is all his fault.

2) A tie, which would have been a win if not for Fitz.

3) A win, which Fitz had nothing to do with...just tossed it up there and let his receivers bail him out.

Right. Again none of our fan base is calling him upper echelon but I question what game they watched last night if they have any negatives about Fitz. At every momentum swing during the game Fitz simply stepped up and swung things back in the Jets favor via his QB play.

Argue/debate his career if one wants.....but not his performance last night.

What did Fitz do that was terrible? lol. Throw for almost 400 yards complete 24 of 34 passes, have zero turnovers? Fitz is smart, when he throws those lobs down the sideline he's expecting his receivers in one on one coverage to be able to use their height advantage to make a play. Those aren't bad throws as much as they are designed. I don't know what other throws you could be talking about.

2 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

I have posted this here a number of times before, and it's usually quite accurate:

5 hours ago, PCP63 said:

There's always room for improvement. Think of how much better our offense could be if we had better play calling.

Did you actually watch the game? Fitz and entire offense were great. Play calling was very good as well. 37 points, 500 totals yards, 28 first downs and you mention negatives for the offense? Give me a break. I can't recall them even punting until the last series when they were running out the clock. The only negative on the offensive side of the ball was J Marshalls fumble which was returned for a TD. The defense, well, that's a different story.

5 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Usually, I'm the one to crap on some players, and praise others, but last night completely flipped the script. I'm now LESS confident going in to next week, despite the win.

Some positives:

-Q. Obviously. Need I say more? He was very solid last night, and it didn't look like a fluke.

Negatives:

Where do I start...

-Lee was fast in the run game, but his height clearly affected him a few times. I can recall one particular play where Tate ran right up the middle because it looked like Lee didn't fill his gap (looked like he was too short to see).

-Fitz. Yes, he came back strong, but everything before that was just terrible. His receivers were bailing him out. I'd say he still had a good overall game, but he's still not the answer.

-Chan. My god. Those two damn shovel passes. No QB sneaks at the goal line. Just crappy play-calling in general. Yes, Fitz needs to execute. But Chan needs to also draw up better plays.

-Bowles. Same issues we had at the end of last season clearly weren't addressed enough. Blame it on the GM if you want. I blame it on poor coaching. Also, letting Marshall come back was irresponsible, IMO. Will only make him re-aggravate the injury later in the season when we need him. I like Bowles, but he needs to be on a short leash right now. Hot seat.

-Jalin Marshall. Keep him on PR/KR duty. Fumbles cannot be tolerated. He did it all preseason as well. Why is Robby Anderson not out there? He looks like a HUGE steal.

-Revis. Enough said. I've defended him the last few years, and didn't believe he had taken a step back last year. This year, he's the worst CB we have by far. Atrocious.

Wow, This has to be one of the most well balanced and and well coached team in the last 30 years and these are the things you choose to pick on... I feel sorry for you... At no point last night did I think the Jets were gonna lose... The Buffalo D could not stop Chan Gailey's play calling.. and the Defense was outright dominate sans 3 plays..

Jets fans love to be miserable... Its disgusting

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to give credit to Jalin Marshall. I ripped him last night and said we should be playing Anderson over him. And I still would like to see Anderson get some targets. But Fitz and others have said that Jalin is a smart young player and somebody who is going to be very good in the future. He came back after a tough play (he was banged around before fumbling) and made a few important and very good catches. 

The kid has talent but he needs to harness some of that energy. He seems to fight for the extra yard when there is none to be had. When you are being tackled by 3 players go down and protect the ball. That's what caused the fumble last night and in pre-season. I too, would like to see Anderson get some touches. He showed more than J. Marshall in pre-season.

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes. Outside of the two bombs, and prevent completions, the Jets accomplished their mission. He did not throw the ball well

So what your saying is outside of the 2 80 yard bombs and 14 points that we gave up the defense wasn't that bad. That's like saying that guy pitched well expect for the 2 grand slams he gave up. We can't dismiss these big plays the secondary gave 2 weeks in a row now.

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Wow, This has to be one of the most well balanced and and well coached team in the last 30 years and these are the things you choose to pick on... I feel sorry for you... At no point last night did I think the Jets were gonna lose... The Buffalo D could not stop Chan Gailey's play calling.. and the Defense was outright dominate sans 3 plays..

Jets fans love to be miserable... Its disgusting

The offense was incredible but the defense was not dominant. They gave up 23 points(not counting the fumble returned for a TD) and close to 400 yards against. I can't understand why people just dismiss those 2 bombs like they were nothing. The defense has given up 800 yards against in their first 2 games and have been burned quite a few times for big plays. Things need to be fixed.

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to give credit to Jalin Marshall. I ripped him last night and said we should be playing Anderson over him. And I still would like to see Anderson get some targets. But Fitz and others have said that Jalin is a smart young player and somebody who is going to be very good in the future. He came back after a tough play (he was banged around before fumbling) and made a few important and very good catches. 

Actually they are even more complimentary of Marshall than you stated.  They love him and value him already

6 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Some positives:

Negatives:

Where do I start...

-Lee was fast in the run game, but his height clearly affected him a few times. I can recall one particular play where Tate ran right up the middle because it looked like Lee didn't fill his gap (looked like he was too short to see). He's a rookie.

-Fitz. Yes, he came back strong, but everything before that was just terrible. His receivers were bailing him out. I'd say he still had a good overall game, but he's still not the answer. What's the question? He's not long term and he threw for 376. STFU

-Chan. My god. Those two damn shovel passes. No QB sneaks at the goal line. Just crappy play-calling in general. Yes, Fitz needs to execute. But Chan needs to also draw up better plays. 500 yards Offense. STFU

-Bowles. Same issues we had at the end of last season clearly weren't addressed enough. Blame it on the GM if you want. I blame it on poor coaching. Also, letting Marshall come back was irresponsible, IMO. Will only make him re-aggravate the injury later in the season when we need him. I like Bowles, but he needs to be on a short leash right now. Hot seat. Plain Dumb.

-Jalin Marshall. Keep him on PR/KR duty. Fumbles cannot be tolerated. He did it all preseason as well. Why is Robby Anderson not out there? He looks like a HUGE steal. Seriously? The kid recovered nicely and was a factor. Jeez.

-Revis. Enough said. I've defended him the last few years, and didn't believe he had taken a step back last year. This year, he's the worst CB we have by far. Atrocious. The worst? You are an idiot.

It's post like this that make hard to be a JETS fan after a win.

Archived