Woody Johnson

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Marcus Williams was Rex/Idzik.

Maccagnan was gifted $50+ mil by Idzik, then had Leonard Williams fall into his lap. He spent that $50 mil on Brandon Marshall, Revis, Fitzpatrick, Marcus Gilchrist, James Carpenter, and Buster Skrine.

Let's see: Pro Bowl receiver, Best season by a QB in Jets history, Very good guard that got hurt this year. Aged CB who should move to FS that go hurt. a CB who seems to have played better this year because nobody complains about him, and a Safety who played better last year.

wanted to like Mac but that hacknsack pick is just inexcusable when you clearly had more talent and skill in other QB's.  Some of them even set records at their schools for passing and wins while Hacknsack set sack records and made passes to the flats an adventure with his "cant hit the side of a barn" accuracy. 

Mac and Bowles need to go.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Let's see: Pro Bowl receiver, Best season by a QB in Jets history, Very good guard that got hurt this year. Aged CB who should move to FS that go hurt. a CB who seems to have played better this year because nobody complains about him, and a Safety who played better last year.

Marshall and Carpenter are good, but Marshall won't be here when the team is competitive. Skrine and Gilchrist were awful signings, especially considering the coach is supposedly a DB savsnt. 

Just now, SpartanJet said:

wanted to like Mac but that hacknsack pick is just inexcusable when you clearly had more talent and skill in other QB's.  Some of them even set records at their schools for passing and wins while Hacknsack set sack records and made passes to the flats an adventure with his "cant hit the side of a barn" accuracy. 

Mac and Bowles need to go.

That's just personal preference. And we will see if Prescott and Lynch have staying power OR would have done well here in the first place.

Besides, he's drafting another 1

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Lee is a solid player. Played okay today. 

Hackenberg wont be the be all and end all in Mac drafting QBs. You watch.

Lynch and Prescott would be doomed with this team.

If you pick a LB there, he has to do the job. Lee is ...okay? seems to get lost in coverage, but that's pretty much the whole team. Can't say if he is or is not very talented, but do know he is not being well coached. 

To say these QBs wouldn't be any good here-is this an NFL franchise or a Dairy Queen? You need a solid QB or there's no point. If they would have been "doomed" why is Hackenberg or Petty or anyone any good here? 

57 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously, if Bowles and Maccagnan dont work, why would Woody bring in football guys again? Why isnt anybody answering this question

I don't think Mac is the problem at all and lets not forget that HE didn't hire Bowles, so he has no attachment to him or his lack of production. Gailey is the problem offensively with extremely bad play calling. He harkens back to the Bruce Coslet era offense of pass (incomplete or dropped), run for a yard, pass for four yards and punt. Gailey has gotten it in his head that he can make the Jets offense a Patriots offense and it ain't. Last year the Jets had balance and this year Gailey refuses to run the ball with any consistency. Short yardage situations are passing downs in this offense.

55 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seriously, if Bowles and Maccagnan dont work, why would Woody bring in football guys again? Why isnt anybody answering this question

Why is it all or nothing?  From the looks of it to me, Macc would continue to do good acquiring good talent and building the team.  I could see Bowles fired and Macc choosing the next HC, preferably imo an experienced HC.  No more coordinator turned new HC, its too risky.  Dan Quinn is starting to look like the better choice (although we don't have certainty he would have even taken the job over Atlanta)

6 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

Woody has to look at the coaches after year 2 and realize the mistakes. Quinn looking better than Bowles right now. His OC is and old jets OC but he has a better QB.  the defense and oline ain't all that but he is coaching way better than Bowles.

Matt Ryan >>>>> Ryan Fitzpatrick. Julio Jones >>>>>>>Brandon (two drops a game) Marshall. Players make coaches look better, but poor play calling by Gailey makes the players look bad.

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marshall and Carpenter are good, but Marshall won't be here when the team is competitive. Skrine and Gilchrist were awful signings, especially considering the coach is supposedly a DB savsnt. 

I feel like I won't be here when the teams competitive. I don't see that any time soon. I just pray one of Petty or Hack can be an average NFL QB.

43 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I don't think Mac is the problem at all and lets not forget that HE didn't hire Bowles, so he has no attachment to him or his lack of production. Gailey is the problem offensively with extremely bad play calling. He harkens back to the Bruce Coslet era offense of pass (incomplete or dropped), run for a yard, pass for four yards and punt. Gailey has gotten it in his head that he can make the Jets offense a Patriots offense and it ain't. Last year the Jets had balance and this year Gailey refuses to run the ball with any consistency. Short yardage situations are passing downs in this offense.

Gaily in incredibly limited by the skill-set of his QB.   He's doing the best with what he has.  Of all the problems on this team Gaily is the least of them.

49 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Matt Ryan >>>>> Ryan Fitzpatrick. Julio Jones >>>>>>>Brandon (two drops a game) Marshall. Players make coaches look better, but poor play calling by Gailey makes the players look bad.

This is all the same thing over and over again. First it's Pennington vs. everybody else, then Mangini vs. Tannenbaum, then Sanchez vs. Schottenheimer, and on and on and on. Everybody always wants to believe that we're one quick fix away and because the buck never actually stops anywhere there's always a diversity of opinion/bunch of wild-ass guessing as to what that may be, and poor bemused Woody quite correctly sees it as paramount that he always be seen to be making moves when all the flailing around isn't actually getting us anywhere. Dumb fans and a crappy team are a vicious cycle. This is how Cleveland happens, and LeBron James is not walking through that door.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But both are going to be called out and both will be let go. That is my fear. The fans have to play this right

Mac isn't blameless either. He ensembled a team that has dipped into next year's salary cap big time with the contract restructures a year after inheriting 50+mil in cap space. His big draft hits? Leonard Williams. No one else of impact unless you think Lee has turned this D around. 

He deserves a lot of them blame, specifically for signing a garbage QB for $12mil when no one wanted him for months. But I'd keep him for now. Bowles? No way. IIRC, he wasn't even Macs guy. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Mac isn't blameless either. He ensembled a team that has dipped into next year's salary cap big time with the contract restructures a year after inheriting 50+mil in cap space. His big draft hits? Leonard Williams. No one else of impact unless you think Lee has turned this D around. 

He deserves a lot of them blame, specifically for signing a garbage QB for $12mil when no one wanted him for months. But I'd keep him for now. Bowles? No way. IIRC, he wasn't even Macs guy. 

Macc is worst GM in the NFL 

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree. But if it's blown up, then what hope is there

There is always hope in the unknown. What hope is there with someone has proven or is proving to be deficient? Are we hoping that in year 3 Bowles finally grows a pair, or learns how to use time outs, or challenges, or coach some offense, or starts to hold people accountable for poor play and coaching? Seems like a deep hole to hope from.

18 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

There is always hope in the unknown. What hope is there with someone has proven or is proving to be deficient? Are we hoping that in year 3 Bowles finally grows a pair, or learns how to use time outs, or challenges, or coach some offense, or starts to hold people accountable for poor play and coaching? Seems like a deep hole to hope from.

I dont want to become the Cleveland Browns who have turnover every 2-3 years

Archived