**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]

whodeawhodat

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's not going to happen.  Geno is our starter now.

We'll be lucky to see Petty at all this year.  

Geno Smith has started 29 games in this league and has shown...nothing.

If they let Geno start against Baltimore, I won't complain, but that just delays seeing what they have for next season by another week.

Whatever.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ausman said:

Makes no sense to start Geno.  He's not the future, he's nor getting signed beyond this year.  So why use him at all?

And?  What this year has made sense?  Our elite Defense is one of the worst in the NFL, half our roster is hurt, Fitz took a massive step backwards, Forte is useless as a bad a sh*t, and Bowles and Chan can't coach a pee wee team.

Geno is the starter now.  Deal with it.  We all have to.

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

Makes no sense to start Geno.  He's not the future, he's nor getting signed beyond this year.  So why use him at all?

For the love that is all holy on this Earth it make no sense to ever see Ryan Fitzpatrick ever again. It doesn't matter how bad Geno is. 

And?  What this year has made sense?  Our elite Defense is one of the worst in the NFL, half our roster is hurt, Fitz took a massive step backwards, Forte is useless as a bad a sh*t, and Bowles and Chan can't coach a pee wee team.

Watch what Westoff said in the post game.  The answer or at least the first step to getting somewhere is there in his advice.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Geno Smith has started 29 games in this league and has shown...nothing.

If they let Geno start against Baltimore, I won't complain, but that just delays seeing what they have for next season by another week.

Whatever.

Does it really matter at this point? it's time to start planning for a top 5 draft pick

they need to see if Petty can play, pronto.   

You can't go into 2017 with Petty, Hackenburg, Kelly.   You really need at least 1 QB with some game experience on the roster.  

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

No I mean 4-3 .. this team doesn't have the linebackers to play a 3-4 . 

Based on what I just watched, they don't have the anyone to play anything. This is a horrible football team.

Mangold and Leo might be the only guys other teams would welcome to their rosters. The rest of these guys are half-assing, no-talent, slobs.

Just now, ausman said:

Watch what Westoff said in the post game.  The answer or at least the first step to getting somewhere is there in his advice.

Where can this be found? Im out-of-state, so I don't get teh local post-game.

2 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

they need to see if Petty can play, pronto.   

You can't go into 2017 with Petty, Hackenburg, Kelly.   You really need at least 1 QB with some game experience on the roster.  

I don't disagree.  I wouldn't play Geno.

But this is the Jets.

In before not only do we start Geno, but he plays just well enough to get a new deal, before returning fully to form in 2017....as our starter.

Same old Jets.

But good luck to Geno anyway.  We'll see if he's improved now or not.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Where can this be found? Im out-of-state, so I don't get teh local post-game.

Oh ok sorry.  On the SNY.tv web site sometime after the show.  They have a PostGame + show online after the tv show.  Maybe he'll repeat it there.  Bottom line, he wants to see Petty and  Hackenburg with the D going back to a 4-3.

Archived