**The Official Jets @ Cardinals Game thread** - In Honor of Dennis Byrd [merged]

whodeawhodat

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I'm not going go blame Geno on this.  Bowles brought him in the middle of the 4th quarter.  Had to make a throw somewhere there.

lol. game was over when geno came in. he had no chance to win the game. his job was to put 1 drive together. lol. he might start next week and do better, but stop with the "poor geno" routine

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Geno vs. Fitz.

We're done here. Officially. 

"I told you so's..." for everyone. Let's all move on.

Disgusting as it is to watch, Smith fumbling and throwing a pick - after another crappy Fitz outing - is a best case scenario (once one gets past the idea that we were ever serious playoff contenders):

• Fitz is out. Fans & team & HC all got what they wanted and it was a huge failure.
  • Geno is out, or should be, without a prolonged additional tryout. Really the worst thing that could happen is him coming in & staying in for 3 starts as he pads numbers against weak defenses like Fitz a year earlier.
  • Get Petty in as soon as possible. He's the only one under contract in 2017 who has any business near the field. See a bit of what he is and what he isn't. If he's Kellen Clemens II then we've at least learned something. If he looks really good we get more than 3 games to guess if he just had a couple of good outings in some (potentially) favorable situations, or if he's actually a good QB.

Not all medicine tastes good. In the end it makes you better. Does no one any good to stay sick while we keep trying remedies that don't work. (OK I'm done with this forced metaphor lol).

4 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

LOL. Honestly though, not trying to defend Geno but it wasn't necessarily a horrible throw. It's not like he threw it into a LB's gut. Peake could have fought for that more and it certainly had more zip on it than any of Fitz's even though Geno was on the run. 

HOW IS AN INT NOT A HORRIBLE THROW!!???!?? LOL It was a nice spiral... lol pffft

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not arguing any of that straw man. I'm not sure what you're even talking about at this point. The original post I responded to said 12 million this year and 5 million in dead money. That's 17 million and that's not even remotely true. You interjected with incoherent rambling. That doesn't change the numbers and facts. 7 this year, 5 next. 

Strawman arguing?  wTF are you talking about.  I said he was paid 12 mil for one year,. Argue it's not true.  Friggen incoherent?  You don't even know what his deal is but can't stop.  He gets 2 mil salary this year, 10 mil signing bonus broken up into 5 mil each year.  His contract is one year.  That's it, call it what you want. 

This entire game has been surreal. Just seeing Geno out there feels weird.  I really can't wait for the post game conference.  Bowles really has some explaining to do.  This team is undisiplined, unprepared, unfocused, I did miss out on any other uns?    Fitz should have been benched at half time.  Be interesting to see who he selects to start next week.  Anyone talking sh*t about Geno throwing an interception while running for his life on 4th and 11, is exposing just how much of a Geno hater you are.  I have no idea what anyone was expecting.   He made a few good throws but it was obvious, they were playing prevent and allowing some of underneath throws.    As Chucky said, they need to make sure about Geno before just letting him walk.  Of course all the geniuses on this board already have seen enough.   Bottom line, if he doesn't show enough, they can go to Petty in a few weeks and complete the quarterback evaluations they should have been doing in the first place instead of wasting almost half the season with quarterback that no one else wanted.  

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Disgusting as it is to watch, Smith fumbling and throwing a pick - after another crappy Fitz outing - is a best case scenario (once one gets past the idea that we were ever serious playoff contenders):

• Fitz is out. Fans & team & HC all got what they wanted and it was a huge failure.
  • Geno is out, or should be, without a prolonged additional tryout. Really the worst thing that could happen is him coming in & staying in for 3 starts as he pads numbers against weak defenses like Fitz a year earlier.
  • Get Petty in as soon as possible. He's the only one under contract who has any business near the field. See a bit of what he is and what he isn't. If he's Kellen Clemens II then we've at least learned something. If he looks really good we get more than 3 games to guess if he just had a couple of good outings in some (potentially) favorable situations, or if he's actually a good QB.

Not all medicine tastes good. In the end it makes you better. Does no one any good to stay sick while we keep trying remedies that don't work. (OK I'm done with this forced metaphor lol).

I agree 100%. Cut Geno, start Petty get Hack reps the rest of the way. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

It occurs to me that sacks, fumbles, and turnovers aren't included in Pac's sophisticated QB evaluation matrix,

So your saying Geno would have gotten 0 points with a full week of reps with the 1's?  Cause that's the only thing worse than we just witnessed with Fitzpatrick.

You guys are nuts.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Strawman arguing?  wTF are you talking about.  I said he was paid 12 mil for one year,. Argue it's not true.  Friggen incoherent?  You don't even know what his deal is but can't stop.  He gets 2 mil salary this year, 10 mil signing bonus broken up into 5 mil each year.  His contract is one year.  That's it, call it what you want. 

You just can't help but embarrass yourself huh? If you want to interject on a conversation, please know the subject matter. Enjoy your evening. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

How in the hell does the defensive line come out flat the day after Dennis ******* Byrd dies? How is that remotely possible?

I think the defense would play better if the offense could sustain a drive.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Season was lost no matter who started at QB in 2016. If they can get some reps for Petty, they may be able to salvage something here. 

We learn something either way. His entire career shouldn't be determined by half a season of his first live action, but he gets some live reps when we don't have to worry about "wasting" games with the season already in the toilet.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

• Get Petty in as soon as possible. He's the only one under contract who has any business near the field. See a bit of what he is and what he isn't. If he's Kellen Clemens II then we've at least learned something. If he looks really good we get more than 3 games to guess if he just had a couple of good outings in some (potentially) favorable situations, or if he's actually a good QB.

Yes to all of this.  But no way Petty is starting next week.

Archived