Quincy Enunwa is rapidly becoming the best WR on this team

ASH1962

Can't believe I am saying this because Idzdick picked him, but today, Q was the man. If he does not break up that potential Fitzterception at the beginning of the second half, we may be talking about a 2-6 worst team in the NFL that just lost to a winless 0-7 team.

Enunwa needs to work on his hands a bit, but still in all, he has become a tremendous offensive weapon. Once we get a QB that can get him the ball accurately and consistently, we will see him ascend up to the top of NFL receivers. The guy has all of the tools, speed, size, physicality.

He gets the game ball imo for today's win.

In other news, it is good to see (finally) Todd Bowles has a pulse! We actually saw some emotion and action out of him on the sidelines. Also, the CS made some nice halftime adjustments offensively. ST's played really well today. Defense is still way over rated, over paid, slow, old, and basically underachieving. Any other opponent today and it is 35-0 end of the first half. They were dreadful. They did make some adjustments in the second half and were better, but that last drive as meaningless as it was, still aggravated me. Call it game over, but what if Cleve by some miracle recovered the onside kick, threw an Aaron Rodgers miracle into the EZ and their guy caught it?. It has happened before. That last drive was typical of this defense all season long, thinking they are so much better then they actually are.

While I can never root for the Jets to lose, I do wonder what good will come of us winning these games.

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Can't believe I am saying this because Idzdick picked him, but today, Q was the man. If he does not break up that potential Fitzterception at the beginning of the second half, we may be talking about a 2-6 worst team in the NFL that just lost to a winless 0-7 team.

Enunwa needs to work on his hands a bit, but still in all, he has become a tremendous offensive weapon. Once we get a QB that can get him the ball accurately and consistently, we will see him ascend up to the top of NFL receivers. The guy has all of the tools, speed, size, physicality.

He gets the game ball imo for today's win.

In other news, it is good to see (finally) Todd Bowles has a pulse! We actually saw some emotion and action out of him on the sidelines. Also, the CS made some nice halftime adjustments offensively. ST's played really well today. Defense is still way over rated, over paid, slow, old, and basically underachieving. Any other opponent today and it is 35-0 end of the first half. They were dreadful. They did make some adjustments in the second half and were better, but that last drive as meaningless as it was, still aggravated me. Call it game over, but what if Cleve by some miracle recovered the onside kick, threw an Aaron Rodgers miracle into the EZ and their guy caught it?. It has happened before. That last drive was typical of this defense all season long, thinking they are so much better then they actually are.

While I can never root for the Jets to lose, I do wonder what good will come of us winning these games.

That has nothing to do with the defense being bad. That has to do with playing prevent defense at the right time allowing the offense to run down the clock and leaving them with little alternatives.

That is how you play prevent defense. The fact that you use the word "Miracle" twice adds to my point. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

He had three drops today, but that one big catch was sweet. He has talent but Jets need to get rid of dropsy Brandon Marshall. He is NO leader. You lead by example and his example is to be up and down. 

Marshall makes Enunwa better.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Brandon Marshall is a tier or two above.

Last play of the game - On the six, down 6, with one play to go - who do you have confidence of making that play?  B Marsh (and Decker) >>> Quincy.

Enunwa has emerged this year.  I like his physical style of play.  Too many WR's just let the DB's run them ever I like that Enunwa initiates contact.

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Enumwa deserves the game ball , but not for a catch, its for saving Fitz and the Jets from a back breaking INT to start the 2nd half. For me that was the key play of the game. 

I saw that.  Not only was Enunwa covered the throw was off-target.  That would have been the game if Enunwa didn't become a DB during the play,.

The emergence of Enunwa could allow Maccagnan to let Marshall or Decker go after the

season.  That would free up 8-9 million in cap space to invest somewhere else.  Our

WR's next year could be:

Decker or Marshall

Enunwa

Smith

Anderson

Peake

J. Marshall

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

Brandon Marshall is a tier or two above.

Last play of the game - On the six, down 6, with one play to go - who do you have confidence of making that play?  B Marsh (and Decker) >>> Quincy.

How about Marshall blocking not one, but TWO defenders, on Powell's TD run?

And his non-stop effort last week forcing the D to fumble after the Forte turnover (just like last year where he forced and recovered a fumble after an INT).

Guy has his faults and drops some balls, but he's not a guy who slacks off or mails it in. He's even more valuable now with Decker out long term.

10 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Enumwa deserves the game ball , but not for a catch, its for saving Fitz and the Jets from a back breaking INT to start the 2nd half. For me that was the key play of the game. 

That was a season changing play. Probably would have been the end of Fitz, and the Petty era would have started.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Q is the man.  He's a gamer.  Just get the ball in that mans hands because he's great after the catch.  He's tough to bring down.

Crazy to think that the most promising position group on this team is WR.

It's certainly been long enough! For the longest time we seemed content to slot in any old JAG and make do with whatever production we could get ('ground and pound' :angry:).  

23 minutes ago, KRL said:

The emergence of Enunwa could allow Maccagnan to let Marshall or Decker go after the

season.  That would free up 8-9 million in cap space to invest somewhere else.  Our

WR's next year could be:

Decker or Marshall

Enunwa

Smith

Anderson

Peake

J. Marshall

Don't forget that last year, the Jets had brought in Terrelle Pryor for a workout as a wide receiver.  I really like our current group, but had we signed him, your list might even be a little sweeter.

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

Q is the man.  He's a gamer.  Just get the ball in that mans hands because he's great after the catch.  He's tough to bring down.

Crazy to think that the most promising position group on this team is WR.

We've come a long way from Greg Salas, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill........

15 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Marshall makes Enunwa better.

I agree with that for this year, but I think he may be ready to step in more a leadership role along with Decker next year.   Right now the spotlight is always on Marshall and I think Enunwa prefers it that way but he is starting to come into his own and with another season under his belt (and a better or at least stronger armed quarterback throwing him the ball) I think he will take that next step up as one of the best and most versatile receivers in the game (if he is not already). 

3 hours ago, JetUp91 said:

Love Q.. but to say he's better than Marshall? Boy is that laughable.

You are perhaps thinking Marshall of a few years ago.  Marshall is still better and also has been hampered a bit by injuries, but Enunwa has closed the gap quite a bit and he is definitely a lot more dangerous than Marshall with the ball in his hands. 

Enunwa is my choice to replace Marshall and Peake my choice to replace Decker . I am hoping Anderson and Smith will give us the ability to stretch the field and let these 2 kids reek havoc on the NFL. Jets have a chance if they can find a trigger man . Decker and Marshall will have done their job if these kids become their replacements . 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

You are perhaps thinking Marshall of a few years ago.  Marshall is still better and also has been hampered a bit by injuries, but Enunwa has closed the gap quite a bit and he is definitely a lot more dangerous than Marshall with the ball in his hands. 

Few years ago? Last year was arguably the best year of his career.. and to say Enunwa is definitely a lot more dangerous than Marshall with the ball in his hands.. there might not be a harder WR to bring down than Marshall after the catch.

Again, love Q, but those are some ludicrous statements.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Enunwa is my choice to replace Marshall and Peake my choice to replace Decker . I am hoping Anderson and Smith will give us the ability to stretch the field and let these 2 kids reek havoc on the NFL. Jets have a chance if they can find a trigger man . Decker and Marshall will have done their job if these kids become their replacements . 

Lol honestly can't even believe what I'm reading. You want Enunwa / Peake as your 1-2 punch? WHAT????????????

6 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Lol honestly can't even believe what I'm reading. You want Enunwa / Peake as your 1-2 punch? WHAT????????????

Today, no I do not but I would like for them to develop into that .  Is that not why you draft players, to develop them so they can take over for more expensive players who are older and may be cost prohibitive ?  Is that not what the Jets were hoping for when they drafted Milliner with Revis  becoming a pain in the rear ?  

17 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

Enunwa is on pace for over 1,000 yards with Ryan Fitztragic as his QB. You don't think that would be a little better if we had a franchise QB? 

Peake/Anderson could easily develop into an NFL caliber #2 WR, maybe even a #1. Just because they don't have big names and weren't drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean they can't be pro bowlers down the road. 

Not to mention we still don't know what we have in Jalin Marshall and Devin Smith. 

WR is the least of our teams needs going forward. 

Archived