Had to LOL at this Bowles quote from today's presser

AFJF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

"Their tight ends do different things than our tight ends"

Really?

I wonder... is there a bit of passive/aggressive cat and mouse going on between Mac and Bowles right now?

Mac had that quote about how Bowles was "going to be" a good coach, implying he isn't currently.

This may be an extremely subtle way of Bowles saying, "my GM has given me 5+ TE and none of them can play". The less subtle message being sent right now, that nobody seems to be acknowledging is that Bowles keeps going to Fitz... which could be Bowles just being stupid and stubborn, but could also be a way of putting out there, "my GM has drafted 2 QB, but this is the only worthwhile guy we have to play QB". 

One has to imagine that with the honeymoon period being over, and the horrible peer-to-peer model Woody uses for GM and coach, that the jockeying for position and optics is happening on some level. With Rex it was always so obvious it was disgusting. Here, it seems more subtle and methodical. Almost like background noise.

Said it in another thread, he has the courage of one's convictions. Does not care what the media or fans think of him, he's going to do it his way.

Every thread I open states Bowles and/or Gailey are buffoons, morons. But come on, these guys have forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know. 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

Said it in another thread, he has the courage of one's convictions. Does not care what the media or fans think of him, he's going to do it his way.

Every thread I open states Bowles and/or Gailey are buffoons, morons. But come on, these guys have forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know. 

Agree but Todd Bowles has accomplished nothing as a head coach in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I wonder... is there a bit of passive/aggressive cat and mouse going on between Mac and Bowles right now?

Mac had that quote about how Bowles was "going to be" a good coach, implying he isn't currently.

This may be an extremely subtle way of Bowles saying, "my GM has given me 5+ TE and none of them can play". The less subtle message being sent right now, that nobody seems to be acknowledging is that Bowles keeps going to Fitz... which could be Bowles just being stupid and stubborn, but could also be a way of putting out there, "my GM has drafted 2 QB, but this is the only worthwhile guy we have to play QB". 

One has to imagine that with the honeymoon period being over, and the horrible peer-to-peer model Woody uses for GM and coach, that the jockeying for position and optics is happening on some level. With Rex it was always so obvious it was disgusting. Here, it seems more subtle and methodical. Almost like background noise.

I was thinking the same thing when I read his quotes. This is the problem with Woody trying to be the football czar, he has no business being in that role. He needs a clear football guy in charge, either the GM, the HC, or a Pres of football ops, until Woody stops trying to be that guy, we are eternally Foook'd.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I just threw up in my mouth a little when I read this.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

A Rex and Mark Sanchez reunion. 

Lol, not the ideal situation, but I'd take it.

The Bowles/Fitz combo is just so bad.  Makes me look forward to butt fumbles and getting your starting QB injured in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Rex isn't coming back but Mark Sanchez might be the best available free agent QB in 2017

I liked Sanchez in 09 and 10, but Rex and Soprano destroyed him, I don't think he can ever recover from 12, it was the QB equivalent of death by firing squad, Rex and Tony S pulling the triggers. Rex started it in 11, and the two of them finished him off in 12.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

"Their tight ends do different things than our tight ends"

Really?

I can see this Jets FO (Woody/Macc) blaming all of this mess on the players therefore giving Bowles another year. It makes me sick to think about it but its probably what's going to happen.

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Agreed. But two seasons does not make a career. I am probably in the minority but feel like it is a huge mistake to fire this coach after two seasons

I would agree you are probably in the minority and are probably a very patient young man but he has shown no head coaching talent. He might be a very fine defensive coach but does not seem to grasp the being head coach, time, distance, score, situation etc. Let someone else give him another chance.

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Funny, every time I watch a Jets game, I wonder if this is the first day Todd Bowltite has ever coached football.

Archived