Mo Wilk thrilled with win

AFJF

Just now, Integrity28 said:

He loooked stoked out of his mind when Petty came off field at end of game 

That was so important!!

Guys don't want to lose and I think it was a mistake by Bowles to imply putting Petty in meant that they, the Jets, were throwing in the towel on the season.

I like Mo. It was great to see him on the sideline today with Petty- after that should've/would've late hit in the 4th quarter, Mo was the first guy encouraging Bryce.. Then at the end of the game he was the first one out there to congratulate him on the win..  I hope his sluggish play this season was due to the broken leg.. and not the contract

17 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Good for Mo I expect too see him back to form next year .. these holdout gotta start being careful how much they hold out .. it tends to lead to bad seasons 

Mo didn't hold out. He couldn't do the offseason program because of his broken leg. I think (hope) that is why he is having a bad year.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Mo didn't hold out. He couldn't do the offseason program because of his broken leg. I think (hope) that is why he is having a bad year.

Hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Can you not ruin every thread with your trash posts? Jesus let it go. 

No, he can't not ruin every thread.  It's his schtick.  it's all he's got.  

As I said in a thread earlier today...in his warped little bubble, every single thread is a Fitz/Mac/Bowles thread.

Jets ruined his night with a win so he logs on with a vengeance.

41 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I like Mo. It was great to see him on the sideline today with Petty- after that should've/would've late hit in the 4th quarter, Mo was the first guy encouraging Bryce.. Then at the end of the game he was the first one out there to congratulate him on the win..  I hope his sluggish play this season was due to the broken leg.. and not the contract

I think this story was a reporter speculating and trying to pass it off as fact

42 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I think you have your answer. It was a serious leg injury. A lot of times, it takes a season to get back to 100%

10 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I USED to like Mo.  Then he become a baby with the whole contract situation.  Then he finally gets what he wants and plays like total crap all year long.  I hate to say it but he became Darrelle Revis

I can't be the only one thinking, this doesn't feel contrived to anyone?

Scenario:

Mo, doggin' it all year, not a peep.

Reports before the game that Bowles and Mac will be valuing leadership in the off-season.

Jets beat 1-11 team, Mo becomes biggest cheerleader/advocate for success.

Am I reading too much into this, or were we all born last night?

13 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Scenario:

Reports before the game that Bowles and Mac will be valuing leadership in the off-season.

there's two influences on mo and maybe they had something to do with his play; richardson and his broken leg.  to me (and probably wrongly so since i never had a broken leg) a broken leg should be mended in six weaks not 6 months.  as for richardson, he is from the st louis region and that has had it's share of issues this past year.  sheldon is not afraid to speak his mind about things.  

on that basis we will just have to see how he is the rest of this season and even next season before annointing him hainsworth 11.

On 12/11/2016 at 9:41 PM, Integrity28 said:

He loooked stoked out of his mind when Petty came off field at end of game 

Yeah he did.  I think Mo is going to be fine next season.  Broken leg, contract dispute, don't think  he ever got in football shape.  Also think getting Richardson out of town will help.

Both Wilkerson, and #88, Jenkins, came charging up to Petty all wild and happy after the winning TD run.

Also noticed that after the late hit, and picked up flag, on Petty, both Mo and Lee, went after the guy that made the hit.  Bowles had to chase them both back.

Think he's still into the game.  Just a bad season................We'll see

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Yeah he did.  I think Mo is going to be fine next season.  Broken leg, contract dispute, don't think  he ever got in football shape.  Also think getting Richardson out of town will help.

Both Wilkerson, and #88, Jenkins, came charging up to Petty all wild and happy after the winning TD run.

Also noticed that after the late hit, and picked up flag, on Petty, both Mo and Lee, went after the guy that made the hit.  Bowles had to chase them both back.

Think he's still into the game.  Just a bad season................We'll see

Too many "stars" are out of shape this year.

Shame.

19 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Scenario:

No, the thought crossed my mind too.

Mo is actually the only one of this year's mess that I give the benefit of the doubt to.  His injury last year was as late as possible and threw off his offseason, and we've certainly seen plenty of other instances where a player's first year back after injury is a step back.  Considering he was one of the Jets' best prior to this season, and even played through the last year of his rookie deal when talking heads seemed to think he should have held out then, I'm not nearly as convinced as some others that he's now just mailing it in.  Depending on how things go next year, that may change my mind, but I expect him to go back to his prior form and, along with Williams, bring this DL back to what we all felt it could be.  Hopefully I'm not wrong about that, but we shall see.

So it even looks worse on our front office giving him the big wad, not only has he been lazy and skipping meetings and such his bad leg is preventing him from being any good.  I guess I can look forward to him playing pro bowl caliber ball next year.   It ain't going to happen.  He had one really great year, his contract year and he's been a dog this year, along with Revis and the boys.  Just a massive disappointment (he's been out played by just about every other d lineman ans has failed when presented with favorable matchups but he has company.

Archived