Bryce Petty to IR

Sarge4Tide

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

What I have seen with Geno in two full seasons is a lot different than I see in Petty in 4 games. Remember Geno was playing with a way better team and his throws were terrible. What he did have was his running ability but his prone for turnovers was just too much. I liked what I seen in Petty in the Pre Season Games and I watched him in College with Baylor. He throws a way better ball than Geno. 

Way better team? We have a better OC now, better receivers now, than we did when Geno was the starter in '13 and '14. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, August said:

Way better team? We have a better OC now, better receivers now, than we did when Geno was the starter in '13 and '14. 

Are you a Troll?!! How could you say we have a way better OC. He will be fired as quick as you can say Joe Willie Namath. He has introduced a 4 receivers set 95% of the game. You don't do this unless you have a all pro QB. Nobody wins with that offense. Sure we went 10 and 6 last year since the QB played the best he can play but you need a TE and a FB to establish the running game. 

15 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

What I have seen with Geno in two full seasons is a lot different than I see in Petty in 4 games. Remember Geno was playing with a way better team and his throws were terrible. What he did have was his running ability but his prone for turnovers was just too much. I liked what I seen in Petty in the Pre Season Games and I watched him in College with Baylor. He throws a way better ball than Geno. 

I have never been one to beat around the bush, so I will unzip my fly. Bryce Petty is a White kid imitating an NFL QB on a really bad team who appears easy to like . Geno  Smith is a Black kid who imitated an NFL QB  on 2 really bad teams  and appears to be hard to like .  Both are young, athletic and have strong NFL Arms . Both suck, but It have been made clearly apparent that Geno is a better NFL QB than Petty .

The coaches know it and the vast majority of this fan base know it , but pure hatred will not allow some to admit it . Like I said, I guy is easy to like and the other not so much .

There, I opened my fly, have at it . 

15 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

What I have seen is three QBs who all have turnover problems. However, only one has the ability to throw a deep ball and make plays with his feet. Petty is not good. I wanted the kid to pan out. I have a signed helmet by the guy, but he is not good. Dude has gotten injured in almost every game he has played and has had an interception in every game. I've seen what Petty gives us and it's nowhere near what Geno can give us.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I have never been one to beat around the bush, so I will unzip my fly. Bryce Petty is a White kid imitating an NFL QB on a really bad team who appears easy to like . Geno  Smith is a Black kid who imitated an NFL QB  on 2 really bad teams  and appears to be hard to like .  Both are young, athletic and have strong NFL Arms . Both suck, but It have been made clearly apparent that Geno is a better NFL QB than Petty .

The coaches know it and the vast majority of this fan base know it , but pure hatred will not allow some to admit it . Like I said, I guy is easy to like and the other not so much .

Good post.  

Except for the whole "fly open, have at it" part.  That sort of stuff is better over here:  http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-Cheaters/messageboard/forums/patsfans-com-Cheaters-fan-forum.10/

12 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Are you a Troll?!! How could you say we have a way better OC. He will be fired as quick as you can say Joe Willie Namath. He has introduced a 4 receivers set 95% of the game. You don't do this unless you have a all pro QB. Nobody wins with that offense. Sure we went 10 and 6 last year since the QB played the best he can play but you need a TE and a FB to establish the running game. 

How am I trolling? Gailey has always been known to get the most out of his quarterbacks whether it's Tyler Thigpen or Kordell Stewart. We have Brandon Marshall, Quincy Enunwa, Eric Decker, an emerging Robbie Anderson and ASJ at TE. That's better than '13 when Kerley was our best receiver and '14 when a hobbled Decker was our best receiver. 

13 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What the hell was that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, August said:

How am I trolling? Gailey has always been known to get the most out of his quarterbacks whether it's Tyler Thigpen or Kordell Stewart. We have Brandon Marshall, Quincy Enunwa, Eric Decker, an emerging Robbie Anderson and ASJ at TE. That's better than '13 when Kerley was our best receiver and '14 when a hobbled Decker was our best receiver. 

GAILEY HAS BEEN A DISASTER WHEREVER HE HAS BEEN. 

18 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Race plays an issue for some fans that's always been the elephant in the room. 

when the  Jets resigned Fitzpatrick I was totally convinced it was because they didn't believe in Geno Smith . The way this season played out, I have now come to the conclusion that it was because the staff knew they had nothing behind Smith and that Fitzpatrick would solve that problem and hopefully keep the continuity that was built in 2015 . I wanted to draft Hackenberg, but I didn't want him anywhere near the field in 2016 . With 1 game left, I am conflicted .

25 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

GAILEY HAS BEEN A DISASTER WHEREVER HE HAS BEEN. 

the steelers were 10-6 and 11-5 with gailey as oc.  that moron kordell stewart was qb.  chan the went to dallas where he was 10-6 and then 8-8 before being launched. he went to the doltfins as oc and they went 11-5 during his two seasons with jay fiedler as qb.  disaster as oc?  hardly.  it's not like he's ever worked with a top flight qb. he was hc in dallas and did 3 years in buffalo with fitz as qb.

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I stand by my earlier comment.

Petty=Penny=Egg.

Seriously?

Personally, I'm not gonna fault Petty for the injury to his throwing shoulder after watching that hit he took in PS where the DLman planted him R shoulder first into the turf nor the time missed after the shot to his ribs against Miami which was Bledsoe-brutal and thankfully didn't lead to broken ribs or a hemothorax/pneumothorax.

This one to the left shoulder? Meh...it happens and was nothing other than bad luck.  It ain't like the guy is pulling hammy's or twisting his ankle.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Why does race have to be involved why can't it be that one is a likeable guy and the other isn't and both are bad QBs

I am actually almost positive if petty was black and geno was white the feelings about the two would still be the same

his unlikeableness comes from his actions not his complextion 

Sports fans would root for a purple cross dressing elf if he had tom Brady's ability 

it's actually sad that everything gets brought back to race  but that's the world we live in and isn't gonna change any time soon

12 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Why does race have to be involved why can't it be that one is a likeable guy and the other isn't and both are bad QBs

I am actually almost positive if petty was black and geno was white the feelings about the two would still be the same

his unlikeableness comes from his actions not his complextion 

Sports fans would root for a purple cross dressing elf if he had tom Brady's ability 

it's actually sad that everything gets brought back to race  but that's the world we live in and isn't gonna change any time soon

A lot of these "reasons why we hate Geno" have been debunked this year. 

20 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Seriously?

Personally, I'm not gonna fault Petty for the injury to his throwing shoulder after watching that hit he took in PS where the DLman planted him R shoulder first into the turf nor the time missed after the shot to his ribs against Miami which was Bledsoe-brutal and thankfully didn't lead to broken ribs or a hemothorax/pneumothorax.

This one to the left shoulder? Meh...it happens and was nothing other than bad luck.  It ain't like the guy is pulling hammy's or twisting his ankle.

I'd love it if Petty suddenly turned into an ironman, but for whatever reason he can't stay on the field.

Four starts and he was knocked out of three of them (and hurt in preseason too).

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he got hurt in limited practice time last year too.

It's becoming a trend.

When Phil Sims was getting murdered behind a similarly inept NY giants "OFFENSIVE" line for the first 4 years of his career, people also said that he was "fragile"  What he was. was a gutsy young quarterback who stayed in the pocket and made throws, much to his peril.  Later on in his career  when he had a legitimate line protecting him, he became a successful, dependable, effective  future Super Bowl M.V.P. Don't be too judgmental of  Petty's career to this point,  he has been gutted and thrown to the wolves, not his fault.

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes but wait for it there are some "Jets" fans who cry that the Bills have had way more injuries than us...

Watch for it their out here.... :) 

I think the dolphins have lost their qb,center,guard for most of season,lt for most of season.wr for most of season,starting te for season,multiple cbs for many games,all-pro s for season and they are in the playoffs

25 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'd love it if Petty suddenly turned into an ironman, but for whatever reason he can't stay on the field.

Four starts and he was knocked out of three of them (and hurt in preseason too).

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he got hurt in limited practice time last year too.

It's becoming a trend.

Whenever Petty has been on the field, whether preseason or in this regular season, he's been behind a bunch of backups as his OL.

Criticize his play, I have my doubts about him too (but also see some promise).

But calling him fragile after some of the shots he's taken this year is off base IMO.

I see Petty having a good shot at the backup job next season but they have to go out and get a starter. But just look at all of the Qb injuries. You really need 3 guys on the roster who can play. They should have 4 guys in training camp. Maybe a UFA who could make an impression and maybe even beat out either Petty or Hack. 

Whenever Petty has been on the field, whether preseason or in this regular season, he's been behind a bunch of backups as his OL.
Criticize his play, I have my doubts about him too (but also see some promise).
But calling him fragile after some of the shots he's taken this year is off base IMO.

Wahhhh wahhh wahhh. Geno smith had the worst WR corps I may have ever seen. He was rightly judged, so is Bryce. Bryce sucks, give him 20 seconds back there he still has zero idea what the D is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived