Gailey to be fired Bowles stays

kevinc855

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I hate Woody Johnson. He has no freaking clue how to make decisions regarding his own football team. It's like a guy owning a deli & making Ruebens on sour dough. He's a complete & utter dolt who repeats the same mistakes, fires Idzik & keeps Rex? WTF?, then hires Bowles before hiring a GM in Macc. Who the f*cks in charge Woody?

Woody is the number one problem with the NY Jets & I'll put money on it he makes the wrong decisions again, keeps Bowles, changes coordinators, we go 5-11 in 2017, fire Bowles, RINSE & REPEAT!

Agreed. The teams that win consistently over 20 years have solid management structure.  

They draft well, GM well etc.  

Then there's Woody. 

28 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I hate Woody Johnson. He has no freaking clue how to make decisions regarding his own football team. It's like a guy owning a deli & making Ruebens on sour dough. He's a complete & utter dolt who repeats the same mistakes, fires Idzik & keeps Rex? WTF?, then hires Bowles before hiring a GM in Macc. Who the f*cks in charge Woody?

Woody is the number one problem with the NY Jets & I'll put money on it he makes the wrong decisions again, keeps Bowles, changes coordinators, we go 5-11 in 2017, fire Bowles, RINSE & REPEAT!

I tend to remember it being Leon Hess, now it's Woody. Who's next, whoever takes over this team when our bones are in the ground .  Todd Bowles was a legit candidate for the HC position of the jets . He took over a bad team that had 3 prior seasons 0f 6, 8 and 4 wins respectively .  In his 1st season the team won 10 games, setting his foundation .  He's following that up with a bad season of either 4 or 5 wins  where everything under the sun went wrong  . 

The owner did his Job, and the coach needs time to do his . Along the way, you make adjustments, until you find the right mix .

Fans are just too impatient .

51 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Good move by Trump possibly sending The Woodster to England to reward him. He'll be a yesman, as useless as t!ts on a bull, and a laughing stock over there. Just want they want.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

from what i heard the qb coach may be promoted if gailey retires or is fired.

God I hope so . He's the perfect candidate having worked with these young QBs the last 2 yrs .  He's Gailey's  prote'ge' with his own ideas .

Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, Chip Kelly

However, I still have faith that Bowles' job isn't as secure as the reports say. Woody hasn't said a word.

We lost half our offense to injuries in a slow paced offense we would probably lose everyone if they were led by chip Kelley

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Awesome. We've returned to the days of scapegoating offensive coordinators because the pigeon-holed defensive coach that we hired has no idea what he's doing when it comes to that side of the ball. Feels like the good old days.

Don't forget absolving all of our sh*tty QBs of blame because playcalling.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

The D failed far worse, with more talent and salary, than the O.

The D was the unit we were supposed to win with.

The D-Co and the Head Coach who really was the D-Co, must be held accountable.

I'm fine with firing Chan, his rep of "QB Guru" ha salways been a sham, and his odd, outdated No-FB/No-TE system are not right for the modern NFL.  

But to scapegoat him and leave Bowles untouched is so Rex-like, I can't even stand it.

Fire the lot, let the GM select the next coach and more vital, be in charge of that Head Coach, and lets start doing things professionally for a change.

Otherwise 2017 will potentially be another Rex-like year, fire the O-Co, the offense is "learning" and underperforms, and Rex-Bowles D is givena  pass because of how "they had to make up for the Offense", rinse, repeat, the Same Old Jets Rex-Bowles Way in a nutshell

Part of the reason I'm on the can Bowles wagon is simply because NO quality OC or new DC will come here in a lame duck situation...it's just rearranging the deck chairs on a sinking boat.

When you know the HC is not a long term answer, and very few believe Bowles is, then get someone else ASAP.

This is all part of the Master Plan.  I can see an OC coming over with a 2 year contract.

if Bowles gets fired, which is likely, he cashes in, and get to spend a year in NY.

But keeping Bowles is part of a Brilliant Master Plan.   

Woody saves money from eating his contract, and those of his assistants.

Cut all of the overpaid veterans and save salary.

Jets next year are miserable and get a high draft pick.

Jets draft a Franchise QB.

Woody announces that he is hiring a Football Czar and stepping away from football operations, handing over the keys to X, whose sole job is winning.

sign me up!

Chan being fired grinds my gears. I thought his offense was phenomenal in 2015. This year things didn't go our way and the whole team played without confidence the whole year. Think we fire a great OC just to blame this sh*tty season on someone - damn shame. 

9 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Chan being fired grinds my gears. I thought his offense was phenomenal in 2015. This year things didn't go our way and the whole team played without confidence the whole year. Think we fire a great OC just to blame this sh*tty season on someone - damn shame. 

Well somebody has to take the fall.  Bowles can't very well fire the guy calling the plays on defense.  This is really good for our two young QB's having to learn another system.

21 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Well somebody has to take the fall.  Bowles can't very well fire the guy calling the plays on defense.  This is really good for our two young QB's having to learn another system.

I understand someone has to get fired and he's the easiest guy to fire since Bowles is a defensive coach - just think he is coach who could really lead a scary offense given a half-way decent QB at least. I'm assuming the second part of your post was sarcasm also. 

If true a potential name to replace Gailey - Brian Daboll who was Miami's OC when Bowles was in Miami as interim HC.

Possible roadblock - Daboll is now TEs coach in NE. Perhaps McDaniels replacement if he leaves to become a HC. Also his previous stops as OC his offenses weren't ranked well so maybe not a good option

Daboll was Jets QB coach '07-'08

Other than continuity why would this be great news?

Only my opinion but I've read that he is highly respected as a QB coach, a creative offensive mind and a guy who can quickly adapt his game plan when the one prepared during the week is not working. I think being young and creative, a bit less conservative and able to adjust plans could be a big improvement over the current "run Powell into the line twice, throw a 2 yard pass and send in Lachlan" formula of 2016.

18 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Also Hackenberg and Petty would be working with a coordinator they were familiar with

Why I mentioned they should look at PSU O coordinator Joe Moorehead

PENN STATE NAMES MOORHEAD OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR

December 12, 2015

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121215aaa.html

Nov 26  Christian Hackenberg‏ @chackenberg1

Pay this man -----> @BallCoachJoeMo

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

Poor Gailey, he's the one coach I like.

i guess it's his fault Fitz threw 6 int's in one game

Gailey is an Idiot!!

An Idiot!!

Last season when we were setting all kinds of Jets scoring records with a journeyman in Fitz it was all just an mirage!! :) 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did anyone else notice in yesterdays game we kept running an offense with 2 lineman eligible and 1 WR set a few times in the red zone... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?  

I was hoping that they were actually going to send one of those guys on a skinny post and see what would happen.

17 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Don't forget absolving all of our sh*tty QBs of blame because playcalling.

It's almost like the first skill we look for in a HC candidate is how adept they are at plausible deniability. Which makes a ton of sense considering the middle name of the guy that's about to be running this joint is Wold.

17 hours ago, David Harris said:

Poor Gailey, he's the one coach I like.

i guess it's his fault Fitz threw 6 int's in one game

It's all Bowles' fault:

-Fitz sucks and can't throw 

-Petty can't read an NFL defense

-Hack can't read a defense or throw the football in the ocean

I wish Brian Schottenheimer had had this type of strict accountability all those years he shot our offense in the foot.

Archived