NFL Wildcard Weekend Games Thread

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

After watching Hackenberg at Penn ST. AND THROWING HIS HEAD COACH UNDER the bus and seeing what the Lions did this year I WOULD SAY YEAH HE IS TERRIBLE.

Yeah, Cook was a beaming ray of sunshine to deal with at his loaded MSU team.  Great guy was the consensus.  Also heard that Hack eats children too.  Just like the Franklin story, this isn't confirmed but cmon, we all know the truth right?

Cook's football situation was not at all different to Hackenberg's situation at PSU either.  I mean the talent level was basically identical.  Especially on that O-Line.  And the coaching?  Man, if only Cook had a head coach that told him to screw up his footwork for the sake of a gimmick offense.  Maybe he would have been a 1st round pick!  

How many bowl games did Franklin win this year with his "F*ck it and Chuck it" spread offense led by McSorely?  None?  Oh man, that's weird.  And McSorely threw a back breaking INT that directly led to the loss despite not needing to do anything super risky?  Hm.  Odd. 

Cook = Saying he's horrible without a full look in the NFL is unfair.

Hack = I DIDN'T LIKE HIM COMING OUT OF COLLEGE SO I'M GONNA TELL YOU HE'S HORRIBLE WITHOUT GETTING A SINGLE PRO SNAP LIKE A GIANT HYPOCRITE.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Why don't you go back and see what other evaluators said about Cook before all the captain controversy. Yeah Kiper, Walter Football. Mcshay all had him as a number 1 talent. 

The guy who said he'd quit if Jimmy Clausen never made it, compared Joey Harrington to Favre and some God awful football blog.  Wherever would the draft world be without these 2.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, Cook was a beaming ray of sunshine to deal with at his loaded MSU team.  Great guy was the consensus.  Also heard that Hack eats children too.  Just like the Franklin story, this isn't confirmed but cmon, we all know the truth right?

Cook's football situation was not at all different to Hackenberg's situation at PSU either.  I mean the talent level was basically identical.  Especially on that O-Line.  And the coaching?  Man, if only Cook had a head coach that told him to screw up his footwork for the sake of a gimmick offense.  Maybe he would have been a 1st round pick!  

How many bowl games did Franklin win this year with his "F*ck it and Chuck it" spread offense led by McSorely?  None?  Oh man, that's weird.  And McSorely threw a back breaking INT that directly led to the loss despite not needing to do anything super risky?  Hm.  Odd. 

Cook = Saying he's horrible without a full look in the NFL is unfair.

Hack = I DIDN'T LIKE HIM COMING OUT OF COLLEGE SO I'M GONNA TELL YOU HE'S HORRIBLE WITHOUT GETTING A SINGLE PRO SNAP LIKE A GIANT HYPOCRITE.

LOL. Man are you delusional.

I hate the Hack 'threw his coaches under the bus' stuff; My brother-in-law is a huge Penn St fan; according to him, the press had been riding Hack for years about how he sucks now after the good start as a Freshman. Then apparently leading up to the draft, he was dogged again. Finally, the press told him to stop dodging the questions and he made some comments that, IMO, weren't even too bad. Just like Fitz throw the team under the bus when he sad, 'i sucked, everyone has lost faith in me'. That isn't throwing anyone under the bus.

Also, this kid could have left Peen St and had a much better situation. Nobody would have said anything. But he stood with the team he agreed to play for. Then the coach that recruited him left. And the new coach screwed him up. Seems to me he shows more character than most coaches let alone players.

I don't know how good he will be. Maybe he will be the worst 2nd round pick ever in Jets history (that would be hard), but maybe we should cut the kid a break.

9 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Lol - enjoying this thread.

Petty plays pedestrian and he sucks and is never going to get better playing behind the worst OL (okay maybe not) in the NFL with young receivers and Marshall (who gave up IMO).

Hack - worst QB in the league because, even though it was the plan, is clearly crap as he is the #4 QB.

Cook - not his fault; great defense, first start, receivers dropping the ball. It's true, it is almost an impossible first start and he receivers are not doing him any favors. But, let's face it - put Cook in a Jets' jersey and we are hiring the plan to get Mac fired. Put Hack in a Pats jersey and 'Bill is a genius - he just stole Brady's replacement when he retires in 2 years'.

Sorry, just having fun after a long day while watching a boring 2nd half.

It's all just so unfair.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Bottom line is that you can't be critical of one rookie QB and choose not to be critical of another. That's not fair

TBH I don't think either are Franchise guys ..Cook will be 24 in a few days and looks Raw as hell and Hack has severe accuracy issues

Have to root for the Lions in this one. First Seattle blew that game to NEP which is enough to root against them unless they are playing the Cheaters. Then there is the fact that they have the biggest hot dog in the league in their secondary. But finally who doesn't root for the Lions. The ultimate underdog even more than us. 

19 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Has nothing to do with the drive. I had him over Hackenberg and you could go back on my post. He was going to be a first round pick but because of captain chatter he dropped. 

Yes. His teammates didn't put a fancy "C" on his jersey and that is why Cook fell all the way to the 4th.  If he had the "C" he was going the 1st.  That's it.  Damn pieces of fabric.  So unfair.

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

TBH I don't think either are Franchise guys ..Cook will be 24 in a few days and looks Raw as hell and Hack has severe accuracy issues

That's all well and good, but when you parade around like a know-it-all a**hat because you ran a failed draft blog, insulting others and screaming that the criticism is unfair because they think a guy you like is playing poorly, you sure as sh*t better be consistent with your stances.  You don't get to call others stupid and delusional for "insulting players too early" when you do the exact same thing and there is physical proof of you being a giant hypocrite.

The SOJF12+

Just hilarious

For months now they have been blaming the Jets GM for Hack being redshirted in his rookie year

For this week they have been haranging the Jets GM because Connor Cook drafted later was starting and Hack was not

Their spiritual leader in fact posted about 27 times today that "if Cook lit it up for the Raiders, that would be, for him, the final nail in the Ranger GM's coffin!

So Cook went out and sucked Donkey balls in Houston and proved he should never have played

And mostly silence

Except for a Niagara Falls of excuses for the kid from our resident squad of Jet haters

Hilarious stuff

25 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

To add on to my other post, I don't even agree with you that Hack and cook are lost causes.  I think with the right coaching, they can both be damn good QBs...or AT LEAST marginal starters.  Especially Hack.  That said, you don't see me calling you delusional or attacking your stance.  That's the difference here.  No one even attacked Cook and the thread got hijacked because someone got a little sensitive.

7 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

How did Seattle not just get called for a block in teh back on that punt.  That was flagrant.  Is it b/c it was a fair catch?

Nope. Just the NFL refs doing NFL ref things.

I had a middle finger injury back when I played and it wasn't even remotely close to as bad as Stafford's, which is bad.  I could barely grip the ball comfortably, let alone spin it properly.  Kid is tough as nails.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I had a middle finger injury back when I played and it wasn't even remotely close to as bad as Stafford's, which is bad.  I could barely grip the ball comfortably, let alone spin it properly.  Kid is tough as nails.

I've always like Stafford, really pulling for him to pull the upset tonight.

Archived