Cimini expects Jets to target Glennon

AFJF

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Unfortunately I think Glennon, Taylor, Romo, Cutler, aka the group of which I think the Jets will get one of, will all demand much more than a 1 year 7 million dollar deal.

I see no way the Jets go into the season without one of those guys, Bowles and Mac know their asses are done if they don't show big improvement, and I expect them to overpay to land one of those 4. Romo or Cutler would be a disaster, and I think its unlikely that either Taylor or Glennon are every going to be franchise QB's. 

In general I like your post but let me make this clear to any Jet fan..

No starting NFL QB will make less than Fitz did last year..... NO ONE......

So why even suggest that you will get a starting QB for $7 Million Dollars...

Any starting QB in the NFL will get at least $14 Million Dollars...

Come on now!!!!

cimini seems to be trying to push the string a bit with this tweet.  what is he basing his opinion on? a fan board?  i guess we should be thankful that he didn't say an unamed jet source told him. the bottom line is the jets need a qb for next season and glennon is available.  so why not take a good look.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

You are obviously comparing him to both with your logic. 

I'm comparing your "logic" to their situations, which is that if a QB is on the bench at some point in his career, he must be trash.  I didn't say a single word about Glennon being an equal player.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come on now!!!!

The Jets starting QB last season made 7 million dollars. And less than that the year before. If Hack or Petty started their cap number wouldn't be 14 million. So. Yeah. It's possible. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets starting QB last season made 7 million dollars. And less than that the year before. If Hack or Petty started their cap number wouldn't be 14 million. So. Yeah. It's possible. 

If you want QB play like had last year than yes it is possible.  Why they could have me at $3 Million and it would be fine :) 

But if we want a competent QB next year than we have to be willing to spend money on the most important position on the field..................... 

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Did any of those 2 guys have NFL game experience for fans to critique prior to making their bones ? 

Yes...Young was an absolute disaster with the Bucs before moving on to SF.  Warner was with the Colts but had only played in the Arena league.

Glennon has played extensively and has a 2-1 TD/INT ratio and performed well against some elite defenses with a terrible supporting cast and very little experience.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not going to judge Glennon yet but what do the Jets think they are accomplishing if they sign Glennon but bringing in another teams trash who has 0 success in the NFL. 

Glennon will come cheaper than Taylor and allow them to sign other much needed free agents. 

If they do sign Glennon I will support him and hope for the best. 

This move is typical NY Jets, 1000x better than signing the bearded imposter QB. 

I dunno Jaydub, on one hand, your track record for player evaluation is impeccable, but on the other hand, how am I supposed to take someone seriously with such a low and continuously decreasing reputation status!? 

16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Come on now!!!!

All the hysteria over Fitz being the worst paid starting QB in the NFL who took any snaps in 2015 was hilarious.  People keep screaming about $12 million with a cap of over $150 million like it's going to hamstring them for years to come.  

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

If you want QB play like had last year than yes it is possible.  Why they could have me at $3 Million and it would be fine :) 

But if we want a competent QB next year than we have to be willing to spend money on the most important position on the field..................... 

There is zero guarantee that Glennon or Taylor or whomever earns that money and plays well. Based on their careers it's likely they play okay enough to win 6 or 7 games but cannot elevate the franchise to the next level. If they could their respective teams wouldn't be looking to let them go. All 6 or 7 wins gets you is a regime change, and outside of the drafting range for a legitimate quarterback. Not interested in mediocrity anymore. 

1 minute ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I dunno Jaydub, on one hand, your track record for player evaluation is impeccable, but on the other hand, how am I supposed to take someone seriously with such a low and continuously decreasing reputation status!? 

Don't forget, he's the guy who told all of us that Drew Brees isn't that good.  Yes, that Drew Brees.  The one who threw 37 touchdowns and passed for 5208 yards this season. He's not that good.  

Sounds about right.

5 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Hahahah

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes...Young was an absolute disaster with the Bucs before moving on to SF.  Warner was with the Colts but had only played in the Arena league.

Glennon has played extensively and has a 2-1 TD/INT ratio and performed well against some elite defenses with a terrible supporting cast and very little experience.

Young wasn't a disaster with the Bucs, but the Bucs was a disaster all by themselves . NFL Franchise QBs are not born, but instead developed . Instability within a franchise is doom for any decent prospect .   It's why I still have hope for Hackenberg, who like the 2015 Jets showed their promise, now just need to be developed . I said it before , and I will continue to say  it . Nothing grows unless it dies 1st .

Just now, Tinstar said:

Young wasn't a disaster with the Bucs, but the Bucs was a disaster all by themselves . NFL Franchise QBs are not born, but instead developed . Instability within a franchise is doom for any decent prospect .   It's why I still have hope for Hackenberg, who like the 2015 Jets showed their promise, now just need to be developed . I said it before , and I will continue to say  it . Nothing grows unless it dies 1st .

You asked if either had played, Young did and his numbers were terrible.

Also, the Bucs were a disaster with Glennon as well, but fans who don't want to take the time to watch him refuse to acknowledge them.

I can't fault you for hoping for Hackenberg.  I'm a Jets fan, I hope he wins 10 SB MVP's.  However, based on what I saw from him in training camp and pre-season, combined with the Jets hiding him all year, I'm roughly 1% sure he'll be any good.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

You asked if either had played, Young did and his numbers were terrible.

Also, the Bucs were a disaster with Glennon as well, but fans who don't want to take the time to watch him refuse to acknowledge them.

I can't fault you for hoping for Hackenberg.  I'm a Jets fan, I hope he wins 10 SB MVP's.  However, based on what I saw from him in training camp and pre-season, combined with the Jets hiding him all year, I'm roughly 1% sure he'll be any good.

You're 100% right .  I change the rules on you and that was my fault . I stand corrected .

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You're 100% right .  I change the rules on you and that was my fault . I stand corrected .

No sweat, I know most people haven't seen much of Glennon and they only know what they read or what other's say, which doesn't always tell the whole story.

1) He has a losing record....yes he does, but wins and losses are a team thing, not one guy.  Didn't Aikman go 1-15 once?  Can't write off a young QB on a bad team for poor record IMO.

2) He lost his job to Josh McCown...pretty much a load of crap.  After playing well as a rookie, Schiano said Glennon was TB's QB of the future, then he got fired and Lovie Smith came in.  Before even holding a single practice, he named McCown the starter.  There was no job or competition to lose, the job was just handed to McCown by a head coach who thought so little of Glennon that he didn't tell him about the decision.  Not to mention, when McCown went down with an injury, Glennon was more productive, but Lovie sent him back to the bench when McCown returned.

3) But the Bucs drafted Jameis, so he must suck...more garbage.  As I've said in the forums before, did Drew Brees suck because the Chargers drafted Rivers while he was still on the team?  Winston was viewed as the no. 1 QB in the draft and Glennon had been good when he played but was far from entrenched...because a team finds one player who is better than the one they already have, it does not mean the one they have isn't any good.  

4) If he was so good, somebody would have wanted him bad enough to trade for him.  More false than true if we believe many published reports.  Several outlets said teams called the Bucs to make a deal for Glennon, including the Jets.  However, Tampa Bay's asking price was a first round pick.  Even as a huge Glennon fan, a 1st is a bit much to ask for him.  Tampa Bay being greedy does not mean nobody wanted him.  If he was so bad, wouldn't the Bucs have been thrilled to get a 2nd or 3rd for him and run away laughing?  Why place such a high price tag on "the next Matt Flynn" and get nothing more than a late-round comp pick next season?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No sweat, I know most people haven't seen much of Glennon and they only know what they read or what other's say, which doesn't always tell the whole story.

1) He has a losing record....yes he does, but wins and losses are a team thing, not one guy.  Didn't Aikman go 1-15 once?  Can't write off a young QB on a bad team for poor record IMO.

2) He lost his job to Josh McCown...pretty much a load of crap.  After playing well as a rookie, Schiano said Glennon was TB's QB of the future, then he got fired and Lovie Smith came in.  Before even holding a single practice, he named McCown the starter.  There was no job or competition to lose, the job was just handed to McCown by a head coach who thought so little of Glennon that he didn't tell him about the decision.  Not to mention, when McCown went down with an injury, Glennon was more productive, but Lovie sent him back to the bench when McCown returned.

3) But the Bucs drafted Jameis, so he must suck...more garbage.  As I've said in the forums before, did Drew Brees suck because the Chargers drafted Rivers while he was still on the team?  Winston was viewed as the no. 1 QB in the draft and Glennon had been good when he played but was far from entrenched...because a team finds one player who is better than the one they already have, it does not mean the one they have isn't any good.  

4) If he was so good, somebody would have wanted him bad enough to trade for him.  More false than true if we believe many published reports.  Several outlets said teams called the Bucs to make a deal for Glennon, including the Jets.  However, Tampa Bay's asking price was a first round pick.  Even as a huge Glennon fan, a 1st is a bit much to ask for him.  Tampa Bay being greedy does not mean nobody wanted him.  If he was so bad, wouldn't the Bucs have been thrilled to get a 2nd or 3rd for him and run away laughing?  Why place such a high price tag on "the next Matt Flynn" and get nothing more than a late-round comp pick next season?

You need to stop with the logic and reasoning, you are on a Jets fan board.  Short burst of he sucks, or something similar to that is expected.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not going to judge Glennon yet but what do the Jets think they are accomplishing if they sign Glennon but bringing in another teams trash who has 0 success in the NFL. 

Glennon will come cheaper than Taylor and allow them to sign other much needed free agents. 

If they do sign Glennon I will support him and hope for the best. 

This move is typical NY Jets, 1000x better than signing the bearded imposter QB. 

I guess you think the Jets should trade for Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson or Matt Ryan?  How do YOU propose we get a vet QB who is not another team's "trash" (translation: trash = back-up in your simple mind, right?)  How do you know Glennon is "trash"?  He is sitting behind an overall #1 pick so we don't know anything about how good he is  (or not).   

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I guess you think the Jets should trade for Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson or Matt Ryan?  How do YOU propose we get a vet QB who is not another team's "trash" (translation: trash = back-up in your simple mind, right?)  How do you know Glennon is "trash"?  He is sitting behind an overall #1 pick so we don't know anything about how good he is  (or not).   

Draft Sam Darnold. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, tfine said:

Why? what other team would sign him? Most of the QB needy teams will grab one in the draft. If he comes here he will be our starter. Day 1

Exactly...starter from day 1.  Last season people said Fitz would only get $4 million.  Starting QB's don't make $4 million.  At the very least, unless they are coming off of an injury, they make $12 million.

Archived