Brandon Marshall signs two year deal with the Giants

Matt39

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He was cut therefore he's a UFA immediately. Guys whose contracts are running out can't sign until that date. 

Oops, I forgot. 

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

this really sucks, I hate when we lose good players to that team.  I'd rather he go anywhere but there.

I really don't think he is that good.  He is a volume WR and will probably freak out when Shepherd and Beckham are getting more targets.  He may end up with a Roger Lewis like catch percentage.  The enemy within.  

It makes perfect sense for Marshall and he doesn't screw over the organization and sign with a rival i.e. NE. As other posters have pointed out it should be fun to watch that locker room explode when obj and marshall become prima donas for not getting enough targets each.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I didn't think anybody could actually sign until the 9th.  

Today is the legal tampering period so we will hear about these signings starting today but they won't be official until pen meets paper tomorrow

EDIT: Disregard, forgot he was considered a UFA.

it was a great move by the giants-they are a real organization and bmarsh will help them

the jets are awful -my ticket rep called me yesterday as they read my survey results which were scathing. I felt bad for the nice woman trying to explain away the misery jet fans deal with. The parking being the one thing they can and should fix-

For one year, this will probably be a great move. Marshall seems to be a great fit for his first season, then things usually deteriorate from there. For the Giants who only have a few years left of Manning, this makes a ton of sense. They are trying to win the SB this year and are not worried about 3-5 years down the road.

In that division, do the Giants get Marshall his 1st playoff appearance ?/ The Cowboys look good, and the Eagles will be improved .  What will the Skins do about their QB situation is also going to play into all this . It's going to be interesting . 

I love jet fans bashing the giants-one is a real team that wins rings and one sucks something awful

bmarsh was a great player for us year one that gave his heart and soul to the team-last year I dont blame him for his disgust and being unhappy with guys not showing up to meetings

Just now, kmnj said:

I love jet fans bashing the giants-one is a real team that wins rings and one sucks something awful

bmarsh was a great player for us year one that gave his heart and soul to the team-last year I dont blame him for his disgust and being unhappy with guys not showing up to meetings

Which team won a ring first?

Rather have him with Giants than with NEP. I'm still debating whether or not we should have released him. I'll go with the FO on this one since none of us know what was really going on in the locker room. Maybe he can actually behind the scenes be a big help to Beckham.He's  been through all of this controversy himself and has always seemed go be someone willing to help out teammates esp wide receivers. As long as he is willing to accept the role as no. 2 Wr. They also have a good 2nd year receiver in Shepard.  

Archived