Donta Hightower - Future Jet?

Integrity28

This signing would worry me. The patriots seem to be going all out this year in free agency which I assume means they want to get into a few more super bowls before bb and Brady retire. Why would they pay Gilmore and all these other free agents and not bring Hightower back if they thought he was worth the money?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Really?  Jason's pretty accurate. 

He hits on stuff every now and then and he definitely has his connections, but compared to his peers he's pretty unreliable, at least in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

I've been against throwing money around this FA but I'd love to bring him in. Young great player and can cut Harris to save money while replacing him

Agreed. Harris cut saves 6.5 mill. So it's just the difference really.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

This signing would worry me. The patriots seem to be going all out this year in free agency which I assume means they want to get into a few more super bowls before bb and Brady retire. Why would they pay Gilmore and all these other free agents and not bring Hightower back if they thought he was worth the money?

Don't they have to spend money much like the jets had to in 2015?

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Allow me to ease your mind Imagine a double A gap blitz with Hightower leading Lee right into Tom Brady's kitchen . Now imagine Tom's groceries all over said kitchen . 

Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora)

3/12/17, 9:19 PM

With Dont'a Hightower there's a very strong perception among other teams he's going back to Pats for $10M/yr. The ties to NE run deep...

Perhaps the Jets or someone else give him significantly more than 10/yr but barring that the industry assumption is Hightower returns to NE

51 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

3/13/17, 7:07 AM

#Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower visited #Jets this weekend and he’s spent time with #Titans, as well. Both left convinced he re-signs in NE

good - you dont overpay for a square peg for round hole that misses a lot of games

11 minutes ago, varjet said:

I guess we are supposed to be excited here but I am not. 

I would rather have Minter for less $.  

What's to be excited about he pretty is gonna return pats and if Minter why aren't teams knocking down his door to get him signed ?  This is a legit question not a shot

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

What's to be excited about he pretty is gonna return pats and if Minter why aren't teams knocking down his door to get him signed ? 

I Don’t Want to Belong to Any Club That Will Accept Me as a Member

This would make no sense to me.  He's going to be asking for a lot and you just dont allocate that type money to an ILB after hopefully and finally getting that ridiculous Harris contract off the books. 

I like Hightower, he's a young producer and the type of player the Jets should target on paper but not at what he's going to cost. 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

This would make no sense to me.  He's going to be asking for a lot and you just dont allocate that type money to an ILB after hopefully and finally getting that ridiculous Harris contract off the books. 

I like Hightower, he's a young producer and the type of player the Jets should target on paper but not at what he's going to cost. 

That's mostly how I feel. That said, our roster is so devoid of top-tier talent, I'd be okay with it given that he's one of the best available football players in FA this year, and we need more of them.

Every FA is going to cost the Jets a tad more... the "sh*tty team tax", look at how Chicago is overpaying FA. They just gave Markus Wheaton a deal like the one Brandon Marshall got, from what I understand. And the Glennon deal is a joke.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

That's mostly how I feel. That said, our roster is so devoid of top-tier talent, I'd be okay with it given that he's one of the best available football players in FA this year, and we need more of them.

Every FA is going to cost the Jets a tad more... the "sh*tty team tax", look at how Chicago is overpaying FA. They just gave Markus Wheaton a deal like the one Brandon Marshall got, from what I understand. And the Glennon deal is a joke.

Especially not after spending a first rounder on the same position.  

It's an easy position to fill and it certainly shouldnt require overpaying for a FA with a big name because of the school and NFL team he played for. 

Archived