^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Lucas, Westoff, Pauline and Colon all ecstatic about the pick on SNY but TomSham and Dbuttman know more than them.

I'm right a lot more often than those guys and I keep track. DButt is a genius. Lucas and Colon are damaged goods, and Westhoff still thinks he invented the flying wedge.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Pac said:

No sh-t!  Surprised he doesn't squeeze in Regan love into his rap.

That guy was something else as a poster haha...  I have no doubt whatsoever who he voted for.

Haha, what a character, amirite? Anyway, we should definitely listen to whatever he says

40 minutes ago, Pac said:

Is that true?  that's hysterical if it is.

It is. He's Tony the Wiz around here and he's just as insufferable to listen to now.

That said I loveeeeeee this pick so I agree with him on this one.

I love what the Browns are doing.  This analytics stuff isn't as strongly predictive as in baseball, but coupled with the right scouting it will revolutionize the NFL.

Theyre in a way better position than we are long term.

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It is. He's Tony the Wiz around here and he's just as insufferable to listen to now.

That said I loveeeeeee this pick so I agree with him on this one.

Two different people, Tony the Wiz is not Pauline. Pauline is a rabid Republican and was way over the top in the political forum on JI, but I think its easy to separate that part of him from the draft guru he is. He really knows his draft stuff and is a genuine insider for the NFL.

5 minutes ago, PLO said:

Two different people, Tony the Wiz is not Pauline. Pauline is a rabid Republican and was way over the top in the political forum on JI, but I think its easy to separate that part of him from the draft guru he is. He really knows his draft stuff and is a genuine insider for the NFL.

I'm 99.9% sure Tony the Wiz is Pauline and has even said it here before.  He knows absolutely nothing.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm 99.9% sure Tony the Wiz is Pauline and has even said it here before.  He knows absolutely nothing.

Well, I'm pretty sure it isn't, not a big thing though. If you go back and look at previous draft posts from the Wiz and compare it to draftinsider/analyst (Paulines websites) they are very different in terms of rankings/assessments. Pauline gave up JI and forum posting around the time he got the short-lived gig with Sports Illustrated - he has genuine inside information in the NFL and proved it repeatedly on JI and at other junctures. Total moonbat political outlook though.

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

As an example, the Wiz was really high on a reciever in the 2015 draft and reckoned he would be the best WR in the class overall, I'm pretty sure that that was Devin Funchess, the Wiz had him as a first round prospect. Pauline had him as third round and was critical of parts of Funchess' game that the Wiz was positive on.

13 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Worst fanbase in the NFL. Once again proven here

why? because we are sick of constant defensive selections in round 1?  adding the best SS on planet Earth is a nice addition for a team, but not at the expense of having prctically zero talent on offense.  As @Warfish stated, a great SS may improve our defense from #31 in the league to #25, but not much more than that.  We need to rebuild the offense and the team ignores it for an entire decade.  There is no justification or legitimate excuse for that.

We are not the worst fanbase in the NFL.  You are confusing that with the worst front office in the NFL.  That's what the NY Jets have.  Now excuse me while I remove Mac from my avatar and go rent a billboard for his and Bowles removal.  

I fuking hate this pick.  Wrong place and wrong time for this team to be using a premium pick on a goddammed safety.  Did Mac even TRY to trade down?  And don't tell me there were no trade back partners to be found.  Bull - Sheet.  The Bills and Browns both found willing trade back partners... and now both of those teams have TWO 1st round picks in 2018.  One of them will get Darnold with it.  

Mac sucks.  Hate to say it because I've been a fan of his right up until last night.  Now he needs to go.  Along with our moron HC.  

Youc an criticize the fanbase all you want.  But your repugnation is sorely misplaced.  Blame for this mess goes right to our GM and HC as well as our bumbling owner.

Michael Lombardi @mlombardiNFL

Trying to track down the teams that might have competed with Bears for the second pick and have not found one--Jets never called 49ers

One thing for sure, Titans wanted to move down, and never got a deal they liked or call, and even Bengals would have moved, no calls.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Trying to track down the teams that might have competed with Bears for the second pick and have not found one--Jets never called 49ers

One thing for sure, Titans wanted to move down, and never got a deal they liked or call, and even Bengals would have moved, no calls.

It seems to me, that teams at the bottom of this draft understood that the top 15 guys all had similar grades, so why trade to 6 when you can trade to 15 or so, and get a similarly graded player? Especially for teams that are clearly going for specific positions.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

wrong.  

WORST FRONT OFFICE IN THE NFL!

So this FO is to blame for all the picks / moves prior to Jan 2015?  

This is why you don't keep changing regimes every 2-3 yrs. 

people are bitching because this is the 8th straight yr taking a D player. This FO has only been here for 3 of those picks. 

21 minutes ago, C Mart said:

If you're looking for a front office more clueless than ours, the Bears are a good place to start.

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Whoa, I didn't realize Brett Kollman liked him. Might have to rethink my stance on this one

Ain't no one bringing me down on this pick.  I wanted Adams, Solomon Thomas, or OJ Howard and got one of my big 3.  To each their own I guess ☺.  Kollman does a great job with his breakdowns. 

15 hours ago, Seth said:

The price to move up to 6 would have been even HIGHER than it was for 10, and KC knew they didn't need to trade up that high.

That is likely, but you're confused about the discussion. People are saying that KC wouldn't have given up the same amount to move up to 6 instead of 10

Archived