Hank Williams Jr.'s iconic song returning to Monday Night Football

Gas2No99

Hank Williams Jr.'s iconic song returning to Monday Night Football

Hank Williams Jr. will be bringing his rowdy friends back to ESPN on Monday nights this fall.

Williams will debut a new version of "All My Rowdy Friends" before the first Monday night game of the season, between the New Orleans Saintsand Minnesota Vikings in Minneapolis on Sept. 11.

ESPN pulled the song midseason in 2011, following controversial comments made by Williams on Fox News that compared then-President Barack Obama golfing with then-Rep. House Speaker John Boehner to a meeting of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Adolf Hitler. Williams also called Obama and Joe Biden "the enemy."

The original Williams song had been on Monday Night Football broadcasts since 1989.

"I think it's a return to our past in that it's such an iconic song associated with football," ESPN senior vice president of events and studio production Stephanie Druley told The Tennessean. "It was the original. It belongs to Monday Night Football. It really is about returning to what fans know. It's a Monday night party, and that's what we're all hoping to get back to."

The new video was filmed in Nashville, Tennessee, on Sunday, according to USA Today. Two additional artists also participated in the shoot.

"I hope there will be some happy people on Monday night again," Williams told USA Today. "It feels natural, fulfilling and satisfying at this point when you've kind of done it all."

member-berries-t-shirts-women-s-t-shirt.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this otherwise brilliant ratings-grab is that trailer parks usually only employ one communal television. 

A 25 year old Manchester-ian who claims he is "one of the original programmers for Angry Birds" stated to me back in January of '17: "Television and computers are dead. Anything and Everything should and WILL be accessible through your mobile and social media platform (cell phone)."

It's all through the phones nowadays.  

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this otherwise brilliant ratings-grab is that trailer parks usually only employ one communal television. 

While every section 8 apartment in the hood manages to have multiple flat screens. Weird...

LOL. You took it there......

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

A 25 year old Manchester-ian who claims he is "one of the original programmers for Angry Birds" stated to me back in January of '17: "Television and computers are dead. Anything and Everything should and WILL be accessible through your mobile and social media platform (cell phone)."

Typical millenial only thinking of himself as the user. There are 2-4 other generations of people just in America that have to be accounted for as users, or media consumers, as well as the myriad global audiences. But yea, "I use my phone, so everyone uses their phone."

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's gotten a bit weathered over the years, but my family plays "The Jet Guy" right before every game.  Glad someone posted a video as we have the same exact one.

It's like a toy nightmare

34 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I guarantee you the Super Bowl half time performer will be Carrie Underwood, or some other milquetoast country act. 

Ted Nugent at midfield beating a rare white rhino to death with a baseball bat.

13 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

This is scary when I can look around my living room at night and see it first hand.

Archived