Jets minicamp Day 1: How'd Christian Look?

Ken Schroy

22 minutes ago, jbt said:

wow who would of thunk it.  a guy getting better as he gets more reps.

hopefully he keeps improving and can get the job from Day 1

Just going to have to keep or fingers crossed on this kid.  I don't care if it's either Hack, or Petty, just don't want to see McCown going into camp as the apparent starter.  I suspect that's what Bowles wants

26 minutes ago, jbt said:

wow who would of thunk it.  a guy getting better as he gets more reps.

hopefully he keeps improving and can get the job from Day 1

I don't know why, because Bowles is an idiot, with McCown getting majority of reps but either way...end of training camp and pre season will determine the starter. Hopefully Hack makes it obvious. 

4 hours ago, Jetmech said:

Either way Mccown is in a bad position. Had to be the money that he would do this BS..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Guys 38 YO.  is 2-22, he probably thought he was going to be out of the league, he got a $6,000,000 payday.  He'd probably stand on his head in a barrel of pig poop for that 

Growing pains? I kinda feel sorry for Hack. He is being thrown under the bus and put in a situation where unless he is perfect he has little chance of success. By drafting him so high Mac has literally screwed this kid from the get go. That coupled with the media microscope that is the NY media has totally set this kid up for failure. This is why I am not to optimistic. If he by some chance does succeed it will show he does have the makings of an NFL QB. If he can overcome all the negative crap being spewed about him it would show he has the sack to play in this league. Its a big mountain to climb though and while I am rooting for the guy I am not overly optimistic he can do it. Good Luck Hack. Your gonna need every bit of it.

3 hours ago, flgreen said:
Yesterday was the best I've ever seen Hack practice, today was not. One gorgeous pass, the rest was not good #nyj

on the brighter side

Petty just put together a great drive. Capped it with a TD to Howsare #Jets

Not trying to start anything big here but Nimbley is the only one I've heard say this today.  Was he on fire like yesterday?  No. However, even Cimini said he was probably the best QB out there again and was the only one who didn't throw a pick.  Pinpoint?  No.  Horrible?  Most guys said he was OK today in a session dominated by the defense with turnovers and pass deflections galore, so I wouldn't say that.  Even Connor Hughes, who has religiously dissected the QBs so far, said it was, ultimately, another step in the right direction for Hack and that he's looking more and more comfortable with the nuances as the practice sessions go by.  I believe the numbers for Hack today (yeah, Connor AND Cimini are charting the damn QBs) were 7 of 17 with 4 incompletions coming from bad and blatant drops.  Those numbers are the totals from individuals, red zone, and team drills.  If we were to count the drops, that would put him at 11 of 17 with a TD.

Note from Connor's recap article:

Screenshot_20170614-194156~2.png

Gotta rack up those JI clicks somehow, right Chris? ?

9 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I don't know why, because Bowles is an idiot, with McCown getting majority of reps but either way...end of training camp and pre season will determine the starter. Hopefully Hack makes it obvious. 

Because McCown has lost an enormous number of game in the league he knows exactly what it takes to win

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

Guys 38 YO.  is 2-22, he probably thought he was going to be out of the league, he got a $6,000,000 payday.  He'd probably stand on his head in a barrel of pig poop for that 

In Waxhaw NC where he lives... that will last 2 lifetimes.

This has been a fun stretch in NYJ media. Hughes writes that Hack sucked (which goes coast to coast), Cimini, Mehta (lol), and Kim Jones do a comical bit of pearl-clutching about this report, and then the Hackenberg stories go on the shelf temporarily. The Jets media relations department really earning those checks this week.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:28 PM, Mogglez said:

Not trying to start anything big here but Nimbley is the only one I've heard say this today.  Was he on fire like yesterday?  No. However, even Cimini said he was probably the best QB out there again and was the only one who didn't throw a pick.  Pinpoint?  No.  Horrible?  Most guys said he was OK today in a session dominated by the defense with turnovers and pass deflections galore, so I wouldn't say that.  Even Connor Hughes, who has religiously dissected the QBs so far, said it was, ultimately, another step in the right direction for Hack and that he's looking more and more comfortable with the nuances as the practice sessions go by.  I believe the numbers for Hack today (yeah, Connor AND Cimini are charting the damn QBs) were 7 of 17 with 4 incompletions coming from bad and blatant drops.  Those numbers are the totals from individuals, red zone, and team drills.  If we were to count the drops, that would put him at 11 of 17 with a TD.

Note from Connor's recap article:

Screenshot_20170614-194156~2.png

Gotta rack up those JI clicks somehow, right Chris? ?

i hate to be a nay sayer but it's almost like the reporters are overcompensating on their criticism of hack.  they couldn't wait to report how badly hack looked and now they're gushing.  frankly i want hack or petty to be good enough to start and keep mccown firmly planted on the bench.  these guys need to be the leaders of the team and don't have to be superstar passers.

Wow, who would have thought that the kid was good all along, just needed some reps? Oh wait.

I have an entire like 100 page thread where people are hating on me for supporting Hack. Hope they eat their words.

21 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Wow, who would have thought that the kid was good all along, just needed some reps? Oh wait.

I have an entire like 100 page thread where people are hating on me for supporting Hack. Hope they eat their words.

Isn't the "The Falcon v Board thread"..

On 6/15/2017 at 8:25 AM, T0mShane said:

This has been a fun stretch in NYJ media. Hughes writes that Hack sucked (which goes coast to coast), Cimini, Mehta (lol), and Kim Jones do a comical bit of pearl-clutching about this report, and then the Hackenberg stories go on the shelf temporarily. The Jets media relations department really earning those checks this week.

Just wait until Manish launches whatever attack he is working on to boost his traffic until camp starts.

Archived