Your first 100 days as the new owner of the New York Jets...

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Villa in Monaco

Lambo countach

Gillian Anderson

80s new wave playlist

Sticky stanky purple haze 

Forget I just bought the jets

You can afford to buy the New York Jets, and you go for Dana Scully?

Weird.....but interesting.....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What contract are you people talking about?
Jets OWN half of the stadium.  Theres no contract to break.  That value is part of the billions you will have to spend to buy the team.  And then spend 2 or more to build in NYC.  

"I'll do what I have to do, to give the great fans of the Jets what they deserve, their own stadium in NYC." HessStation

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Another place you would never buy a ticket to but complain about.

Funny part is other than the open roof this place looks just like Met Life with the 4 replay boards etc.  

Bought more tickets in my lifetime than you will.(former season ticket holder 23 years) 

PSL's not for me at the current time I don't invest in losing propositions. 

Improve the product on the field and I invest in the organization until them I sat away only visiting once in awhile. 

Its Jets 24/7/365 

10 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I call up @joewilly12 and tell him, I have a blank check, 48 years is too long, how much do you want to not let it get to 50, and then I agree to his price tag. Then I turn over the keys to him and profit!

Geno will be a FA at that time.  You ready for him to be the highest paid starting QB in the NFL?

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

what is truly hilarious is that so many criticize the Jets for what they do (rightly so, in some of the cases), and then some of those very same people believe that Jim Harbaugh would be the answer. Jim Harbaugh?

Sometimes the material just writes itself here.

Ya cuz Mac/Bowles > Harbaugh 

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What contract are you people talking about?
Jets OWN half of the stadium.  Theres no contract to break.  That value is part of the billions you will have to spend to buy the team.  And then spend 2 or more to build in NYC.  

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny part is other than the open roof this place looks just like Met Life with the 4 replay boards etc.  

Very well stated.

That rendering of the Manhattan stadium is MetLife without an upper deck.  It would have had 20,000 fewer seats, higher PSL's, no parking, and no tailgating. 

Yeah, fans would be ecstatic about all that.

Oh, and without the Giants to absorb 50% of the losses on the 355 days a year the stadium sits empty (especially here in the era where concerts are going the way of the dodo) we'd have gotten hit pretty hard in the pocket and ticket prices would have gone through the roof.

The color of a plastic seat never won a football game. MetLife is a good stadium, serves its purpose, and makes us a wealthy team that can spend when it wants to.

SAR I

- I would immediately fire Todd Bowles and Kacy Rogers.....as a matter of fact I'd do it over skype.

- I would tell all the other assistants that since we hare going to have a new head coach you are free to look elsewhere for jobs but you are stillon the payroll until we name a new head coach who may want to keep some of you on.

- I would begin an immediate search for a new Vice present in charge of football operations.  This would be a long time experienced NFL guy who no longer had the bug to coach or gm but who would be my conduit to the GM.

- I would tell Mike McCagnan that he will be the boss of the next coach who is hired but he will have to consult with the new VP of football.

The very clear hierarchy would be Owner Beerfish, VP of football operations, GM and Coach.

I would then retreat to my owners box and post on Jet Nation all day, telling my minions not to worry, everything is now under control.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

1. DOX ALL SOJFs

2. THROW THE MEDIA INTO RE-EDUCATION CAMPS

3. NAME MACC HIGH CHANCELLOR

4. WAIVE EVERY QB BUT HACK

5. KILL ALL SOJFs

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

"I'll do what I have to do, to give the great fans of the Jets what they deserve, their own stadium in NYC." HessStation

You would not pay for half of a perfectly good stadium in NJ and then build a new one for yourself in NYC for double the money.  For no reason at all.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Bought more tickets in my lifetime than you will.(former season ticket holder 23 years) 

PSL's not for me at the current time I don't invest in losing propositions. 

Improve the product on the field and I invest in the organization until them I sat away only visiting once in awhile. 

Its Jets 24/7/365 

Wrong as usual.  Ive had season tickets since 77.  

Supporting a team isnt about doing it when theyre winning and whining without any support when theyre not.

That would be a fair weather fan, a step up for you

13 hours ago, thadude said:

I'm ashamed to even be a fan of this team at this point. Pathetic organization.

We get it. You hate the Jets. What we don't need is to read about it over and over again. Holy JoeWilly this is painful.

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. DOX ALL SOJFs

2. THROW THE MEDIA INTO RE-EDUCATION CAMPS

3. NAME MACC HIGH CHANCELLOR

4. WAIVE EVERY QB BUT HACK

5. KILL ALL SOJFs

And why was this listed posted to my quote?  lol

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

- I would immediately fire Todd Bowles and Kacy Rogers.....as a matter of fact I'd do it over skype.

- I would tell all the other assistants that since we hare going to have a new head coach you are free to look elsewhere for jobs but you are stillon the payroll until we name a new head coach who may want to keep some of you on.

- I would begin an immediate search for a new Vice present in charge of football operations.  This would be a long time experienced NFL guy who no longer had the bug to coach or gm but who would be my conduit to the GM.

- I would tell Mike McCagnan that he will be the boss of the next coach who is hired but he will have to consult with the new VP of football.

The very clear hierarchy would be Owner Beerfish, VP of football operations, GM and Coach.

I would then retreat to my owners box and post on Jet Nation all day, telling my minions not to worry, everything is now under control.

Getting rid of all the coaches a few weeks before the season might have a negative impact on the field. :)

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Welcome to our new HOME stadium for starters. 

Image result for west side stadium ny jets pics

That stadium would have been a fabulous economic engine for NYC.

James (I am a franchise ruining wannabe rock star ) Dolan and Sidney (I am a convicted crooked politician felon) Sheldon blocked it.

NCAA, Olympics, Concerts, Political conventions, Trade shows, Super Bowls, Business conventions, Jobs, Tax revenue, area restaurants and on and on...

it would have crushed it. 

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Getting rid of all the coaches a few weeks before the season might have a negative impact on the field. :)

Well the 1st post by Tshane indicated that this would all start in January of 2018 thus the end of this year.

Having said that I would still fire bowels right here and now if I had the chance.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Pull a Leon Hess, tamper with the Miami Dolphins, give up the draft picks, and get Mike Tannenbaum as our President and GM at any cost.

The best years this franchise ever had were under his leadership, his salary cap brilliance, and his philosophy that millennial college kids mostly suck and proven, hungry veterans on their second or third contract can produce immediate results.  This franchise needs an immediate turnaround.  Mike Tannenbaum rebuilding through free agency is the answer.

SAR I

Tannenbaum is a drunken sailor...............    thats an insult to drunken sailors.  At least they waste their own money.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

Pull a Leon Hess, tamper with the Miami Dolphins, give up the draft picks, and get Mike Tannenbaum as our President and GM at any cost.

The best years this franchise ever had were under his leadership, his salary cap brilliance, and his philosophy that millennial college kids mostly suck and proven, hungry veterans on their second or third contract can produce immediate results.  This franchise needs an immediate turnaround.  Mike Tannenbaum rebuilding through free agency is the answer.

SAR I

How many super bowls did Tanny and George Allen win?

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the 1st post by Tshane indicated that this would all start in January of 2018 thus the end of this year.

Having said that I would still fire bowels right here and now if I had the chance.

Oh, my bad. I have TomShane on ignore, I missed that lol.

29 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

That stadium would have been a fabulous economic engine for NYC.

James (I am a franchise ruining wannabe rock star ) Dolan and Sidney (I am a convicted crooked politician felon) Sheldon blocked it.

NCAA, Olympics, Concerts, Political conventions, Trade shows, Super Bowls, Business conventions, Jobs, Tax revenue, area restaurants and on and on...

it would have crushed it. 

I'd've been on the wait list to buy PSLs there, because there'd still be a wait list. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

No, not this year. We can draw 11 names out of the hat of JN posters to play for the Jets this year on offense, defense and special teams and we still wouldn't skip a beat. Oh and one of those 11 players need to be Kelly. 

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Here's the hypothetical: Woody sells, you become the owner of the team in January 2018. What are the five major things you do in that time frame.

I ask, because I usually make a post this time of year talking about how I'd fix the team moving forward, but I've quite frankly given up. But anyway, curious what you people think.

If I had that type of money the last thing I would do is buy the Jets. Too many negative fans.

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So it seems that the recurring themes here are "fire everybody" and "hire the best people." I wonder why every team in the NFL doesn't do that.

The best teams do....  the same 6 to 12 teams are usually at the top.

The rest usually have a single rich owner that does it his way.

i.e.....  Jets, Fins, Bucs, Jags, Redskins and many more.

Teams that are run more like a business, with a board of directors, more than one rich kid making the decisions usually fare better over the long term.

The average career in the NFL is less than 4 years. Players aren't the reason a team sucks... its management cant

motivate, develop, draft, coach properly etc...  those players.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

The best teams do....  the same 6 to 12 teams are usually at the top.

The rest usually have a single rich owner that does it his way.

i.e.....  Jets, Fins, Bucs, Jags, Redskins and many more.

Teams that are run more like a business, with a board of directors, more than one rich kid making the decisions usually fare better over the long term.

The average career in the NFL is less than 4 years. Players aren't the reason a team sucks... its management cant

motivate, develop, draft, coach properly etc...  those players.

It was a joke.... Since, ya know, saying it is easier than doing it.

I'll play.

• Move the team back to New York. Long Island, most likely. 
  • Make the stadium experience a blend of old-time football nostalgia, and modern-day advancements. Ensure that there's a place for all - specifically focusing on families (the fanbase of the future). The future of the sport is tied to CTE. I would want the Heads-Up Football program to have a persistent presence in the stadium experience for young fans and aspiring players.
  • I would also fund an on-site R&D department for player safety. Researching CTE obviously, but also innovative ways to take care of ex-players when they've retired. 
  • Go through an extensive re-branding, wherein the old miserable ****s that have been booing this franchise for 50 years have no influence over the outcome of the re-branding process. You like green and white? That's nice... but, **** you. This team will be the team NYC deserves. If that means the uniform changes, then so be it. The aesthetics of a re-brand are the least of my concerns. The bigger issue is history/culture. 
  • Restructure the business side of the company around the customer experience. Noting specifically that while selling "hopefulness" year-after-year can net a positive return in the short turn, it doesn't lead customer-base expansion, nor does it lead to overall brand satisfaction. The selling proposition would become, "We'll compete." My company and my product will not be a punchline.
  • I'd fire just about everyone involved in the football side of operations. Especially those that have been held over through multiple regimes by Woody. Given his silverspoon upbringing and political maneuvering, it's safe to guess that many jobs have been given out over the years as favors. I'd begin poaching from the Steelers, Broncos, Ravens, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers amongst other teams to fill out my scouting department. 
  • I'd make it perfectly clear that if Matt Stafford or Kirk Cousins are a FA next year, that they'll be the face of our franchise. If there are tampering charges, I'd pay them happily.
  • Then I'd draft a top QB in the first round of next years draft. 
  • I don't know who my coach would be, but he wouldn't be a first time "assistant on the rise". Same goes for the GM. 
  • I'd invest heavily in the NFL Referee Union.
  • I'd invest even more in a Director of Football Research

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It was a joke.... Since, ya know, saying it is easier than doing it.

But it was an interesting proposition.  I have Many wealthy clients.  Their behavior is different from the rest. Most wealthly people earn it and aren't born into it.  So.....decisions they make are the difference.

Thus....   simply behave like the top teams do is a BIG step in the right direction but trust fund baby's can't.  Look at Woody, Snyder, Wilpon etc. They all think they can do it better.

Archived