QB or I’m done

Jetster

These SOJ games are always the same. It was like this back when the Colts were in our division & you see it every time you get dragged back on board. 

You know deep down in your soul whether it’s Fitz or McCown that the Jets are just adrift in a QB less ocean without a paddle. 

I have no idea why Mcaggnon didn’t pull the trigger on Watson but my entire interest in the NFL & my Jets in particular has been waning. Todays sh*t fest on offense is the last straw. I won’t watch another game if McCown is trotted out again after the bye & I promise you I’m 100% done with this team next year to if they don’t do WHATEVER they need to do to get a competent QB on this team! Whether it’s paying Cousins a small fortune or trading whatever it takes to get 1 of the top guys coming out or lucking out with the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick & someone falls, but if they don’t pull out EVERY STOP to try & end the QB dry spell I will seriously take anything that I own that says Jets on it, throw it in the trash & move on with my life! The idea that Bowles has concluded that Petty & Hack are worse than starting McCown from this point on makes me want to PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN HIS CIGAR STORE INDIAN FACE FOR NOT DRAFTING WATSON!

End Rant!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I will get blasted for this one, but I am seeing(or at least I think I am) a shift away from the "elite QB is the only formula" in the NFL.  It is slow, but adjustments are being made.  

Not saying having an elite QB is going to suddenly hurt a franchise, but I think the NFL is starting a philosophy shift again.

On 11/11/2017 at 1:01 PM, Jetster said:

I love the Adams/Maye combo as we'll get our QB this coming offseason. Watson tore his ACL & if we picked him and that happened we'd be reading thread after thread about curses & if he'll be the same in the future with his mobility. Sam Bradford has never been the same & he's a pocket passer. Jets future is bright.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

These SOJ games are always the same. It was like this back when the Colts were in our division & you see it every time you get dragged back on board. 

You know deep down in your soul whether it’s Fitz or McCown that the Jets are just adrift in a QB less ocean without a paddle. 

I have no idea why Mcaggnon didn’t pull the trigger on Watson but my entire interest in the NFL & my Jets in particular has been waning. Todays sh*t fest on offense is the last straw. I won’t watch another game if McCown is trotted out again after the bye & I promise you I’m 100% done with this team next year to if they don’t do WHATEVER they need to do to get a competent QB on this team! Whether it’s paying Cousins a small fortune or trading whatever it takes to get 1 of the top guys coming out or lucking out with the 3rd, 4th or 5th pick & someone falls, but if they don’t pull out EVERY STOP to try & end the QB dry spell I will seriously take anything that I own that says Jets on it, throw it in the trash & move on with my life! The idea that Bowles has concluded that Petty & Hack are worse than starting McCown from this point on makes me want to PUNCH HIM RIGHT IN HIS CIGAR STORE INDIAN FACE FOR NOT DRAFTING WATSON!

End Rant!

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT FAM, CHEER UP. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

(Psssst there are no skill position players either because they keep drafting safeties and ILBs)

They took Stewart in the 3rd with Eilflen sitting there. A coaching staff has to rate their players & tell a GM where they need upgrades.Wesley Johnson hasn’t developed

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I know I will get blasted for this one, but I am seeing(or at least I think I am) a shift away from the "elite QB is the only formula" in the NFL.  It is slow, but adjustments are being made.  

Not saying having an elite QB is going to suddenly hurt a franchise, but I think the NFL is starting a philosophy shift again.

Is that or that the once elite are now getting older and on the decline? I think we’re just at that transition point. 

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not sure how you can say this, when the eagles and rams just made bold trades up to get qbs who are panning out and they are winning their divisions.  Teams like the Texans and cowboys can build around their young qbs, while teams like Arizona and the jets are looking for the next version of Carson palmer and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The only adjustments being made are to the rules, which make it harder for defensive backs to cover.

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT FAM, CHEER UP. 

Reading is fundamental son. My rant is if he doesn’t start either Petty or Hack AFTER the bye. I do LIKE the Adams/Maye combo but not if you keep ignoring the young QBs on your roster or if your not goIng ALL OUT to finding a QB! What the hell is the point of a petty 3 years, Hack, 2 years if you have absolutely ZERO chance of playing them?

It MAKES NO SENSE! cut the already! Jets should have drafted Watson & brought back f*cking Sanchez if that’s the case!

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not sure how you can say this, when the eagles and rams just made bold trades up to get qbs who are panning out and they are winning their divisions.  Teams like the Texans and cowboys can build around their young qbs, while teams like Arizona and the jets are looking for the next version of Carson palmer and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  The only adjustments being made are to the rules, which make it harder for defensive backs to cover.

Well for one, in my opinion it's about coaching more than anything.  The Rams turnaround is a byproduct of McVay much more than it is Goff.  

If you don't see a difference in how offenses are being played then I guess we don't see things the same. The running game is becoming much more featured again, in my opinion, because that is the easiest way to mask the decencies of these QBs coming from these college offenses where they are asked to process so little.

The Cowboys didn't and aren't building "around" elite Dak Prescott, the Texans didn't and aren't building around Deshaun Watson.  The Eagles didn't build around Carson Wentz.  These teams had already built the core of their teams, and added the QB in as the last piece.  

12 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

The team with the anti-Rex Ryan Mike Zimmer.  Love me some Zimmer.  Have no idea who the center is.  

Point was Wesley Johnson sucks & we should have drafted a Center instead of a WR in the 3rd.

Always upgrade if you can, especially in the trenches. The oline was a f*cking embarrassment today!

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Point was Wesley Johnson sucks & we should have drafted a Center instead of a WR in the 3rd.

Always upgrade if you can, especially in the trenches. The oline was a f*cking embarrassment today!

Have you worked in a NFL front office before?  Agreed on the OL.  It been a sad sack all year.

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

(Psssst there are no skill position players either because they keep drafting safeties and ILBs)

Skill position players mean nothing if your oline can’t block. See Cowboys today, they got their azzes handed to them because their replacement LT was awful! 

3 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Have you worked in a NFL front office before?  Agreed on the OL.  It been a sad sack all year.

Skill players mean nothing playing behind bad lines that can’t open a hole or give the QB time for WRs to run their routes. 

Cowboys got their azzes handed to him by Atlanta because their oline SUCKED. Dak looked like sh*t with 7 points & getting knocked on his azz all day. Also shows you how his great line & Zeke take pressure off of him. A couple huge injuries, no Zeke & he looks like sh*t. Team game.

Hate to say it, but without a good run blocking and pass blocking OL, you get Andrew Luck who is now broken, perhaps beyond repair. Block someone, run the ball, have a competent QB and decent WR's and you win. Oh and having a pass rush helps as well. They could not handle TB's Lb'ers all game today and that is what stymied the offense. Brandon Shell had an awful game as well. We play better with Qvale at RT.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

End Rant!

AGREED

You're arguing with shadows.  The only people who ever floated this idea that the Jets were content at QB are the Ilk and their sympathizers.  No rationale minded fan ever said they should stand pat with McCown, Petty, and Hack.

of course drafting or targeting a QB in FA is the teams #1 goal.

1 hour ago, mkajet01 said:

Jets win a few more games they won't get elite qb next year. I have to think he needs to play oetty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

the best QB(so far) from this past draft was drafted 12th

2016- Goff and Wents have been great year 2 but it's rare to see 2 top QBs go 1-2 and live up to those draft rankings

2015-Winston & Mariota went 1-2 and have been the only decent QBs from that draft but neither is close to being very good.

2014- Derek Carr went in round 2

2013- no good QBs, EJ Manuel went in 1st rd

2012- Luck is a star when he's healthy but it's been a long time since that happened.  other 1st rd QBs that year- RG III, Tannehill. Weeden- all average to bad QBs in this league.  The best QB was probably Wilson who was drafted round 3 and Kirk Cousins drafted round 4.

draft position guarantees NOTHING.

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

the best QB(so far) from this past draft was drafted 12th

2016- Goff and Wents have been great year 2 but it's rare to see 2 top QBs go 1-2 and live up to those draft rankings

2015-Winston & Mariota went 1-2 and have been the only decent QBs from that draft but neither is close to being very good.

2014- Derek Carr went in round 2

2013- no good QBs, EJ Manuel went in 1st rd

2012- Luck is a star when he's healthy but it's been a long time since that happened.  other 1st rd QBs that year- RG III, Tannehill. Weeden- all average to bad QBs in this league.  The best QB was probably Wilson who was drafted round 3 and Kirk Cousins drafted round 4.

draft position guarantees NOTHING.

I agree with your point, to an extent.  QB's can be found all over the place.  Though, stats show the best chances are in the 1st 2 rounds.  However, draft position 100% means something.  Some of those teams you mentioned had to give up draft stock to move up and select said player, in those instances...draft position means a sh*t ton.  It's 100000x better for the team to not have to give up extra picks to move up and find their QB.

Archived