Report: Mo Wilk Regularly Misses Practice; “Part of the Game” says Bowles

JetNation

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The defense, who the head coach looks after and which 95% of all resources have been put into: 23rd total defense, 20th passing, 21st in points allowed.

Offense in which the HC has no very little say and which has had 5% of resources put into it, 18th in scoring, 17th in total yards and 8th in time of possession.

I’m not sure how this hurts Bowles. I have no opinion one way or another on the guy though I do want to like the local. I definitely notice his team is pulling wins out of their ass  when they shouldn’t, and that does not reflect poorly on a HC. 

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The defense, who the head coach looks after and which 95% of all resources have been put into: 23rd total defense, 20th passing, 21st in points allowed.

Offense in which the HC has no very little say and which has had 5% of resources put into it, 18th in scoring, 17th in total yards and 8th in time of possession.

So in other words, he's done something that Rex didnt do. Get the offense to production. 

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think Wilkerson is gone and Bowles knows he's gone. That's why he punished Darron Lee more harshly

If Wilkerson is gone there is no way Bowles is keeping his job. If Wilkerson has actually fallen so low that even some of this maliciousness he is accused of is true then that is at least somewhat on Bowles. Wilkerson’s track record pre-Bowles speaks for itself. To get such a dramatically different and worse human being under a specific coach does not speak well of the coach. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

If Wilkerson is gone there is no way Bowles is keeping his job. If Wilkerson has actually fallen so low that even some of this malicious ness he is accused of is true then that is at least somewhat on Bowles. Wilkerson’s track record pre-Bowles speaks for itself. To get such a dramatically different and worse human being under a specific coach does not speak well of the coach. 

No. Wilkerson was good in Bowles' first year. He got paid in his second year and got lazy. That's not on Bowles or even Maccagnan, that's on Wilkerson himself

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Something bad is going on with Wilkerson.  It would appear that he may have a likes to go out issue.

He would appear to be not in his best physical shape.  Players who go out alot and carry too much weight get hurt more. 

You try and lead these guys, but if they decide that after 20 years of banging heads a player wants to take the money they have received, that is their choice to make.

Giving these overgrown children big guaranteed contracts just never seems to work.  If I was a GM I would try and use incentivized, shorter-term contracts more.  These players need to be motivated.

You don't think he tried? The answer is if you stick to your guns, and if you don't get something you're comfortable risking, then you walk away. He tried, Mo told him to shove it, and the GM caved anyway. The GM deserves all the mud on his face that he has coming to him, since there's no way this all suddenly happened after the extension. 

He had him on incentivized, shorter-term contracts: namely, franchise tag followed by another franchise tag. If Mo's play slips he doesn't get re-tagged again (or extended long-term) after the season, and his next contract is far less than the one he was seeking. If he stays healthy and performs, he actually makes more that way (see Revis, Darrelle), but the risk is far greater which is why they want long-term security (as would you or I). 

The funny ("funny") part is right now he is ON an incentivized shorter-term contract. If he performed at a high level he'd surely have been kept for 2018. He didn't, so he's given the team a good excuse to cut him after the season (along with publicly shaming him as they're doing). 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The GM deserves all the mud on his face that he has coming to him, since there's no way this all suddenly happened after the extension. 

He had him on incentivized, shorter-term contracts: namely, franchise tag followed by another franchise tag. If Mo's play slips he doesn't get re-tagged again (or extended long-term) after the season, and his next contract is far less than the one he was seeking. If he stays healthy and performs, he actually makes more that way (see Revis, Darrelle), but the risk is far greater which is why they want long-term security (as would you or I). 

The funny ("funny") part is right now he is ON an incentivized shorter-term contract. If he performed at a high level he'd surely have been kept for 2018. He didn't, so he's given the team a good excuse to cut him after the season (along with publicly shaming him as they're doing). 

What mud? Nobody in the media is at the moment criticizing MAcc for that contract, because the media pushed for it themselves. So to double back would make them look like hypocrites

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Let me know if you see any

Their answer will be he knew and should have known what they couldn't have known. End of hypocrisy. 

Like the local sports media has never ripped a GM for a poor draft class or FA pickup after giving them a passing (if not favorable) grade right after the addition(s). 

22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Wilkerson was good in Bowles' first year. He got paid in his second year and got lazy. That's not on Bowles or even Maccagnan, that's on Wilkerson himself

So at best they grossly misevaluated his character before paying him. This doesn’t fall on the guys in charge because....? 

Just now, SenorGato said:

So at best they grossly misevaluated his character before paying him. This doesn’t fall on the guys in charge because....?

No it does a bit, but they won't be called on it by the media because they pushed for the move themselves. 

A big example of this is Joe Beningo, who pushed for Wilkerson to be resigned, but now says to get rid of him not mentioning blame for anybody

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No it does a bit, but they won't be called on it by the media because they pushed for the move themselves. 

A big example of this is Joe Beningo, who pushed for Wilkerson to be resigned, but now says to get rid of him not mentioning blame for anybody.

Man this reads like a whole lot of noise and nonsense. This franchise needs to get laid, by that I mean fiiiiiiind a quarterback. 

50 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I can't say that I saw ANYONE on this site with upwards of 7 wins. Also a very broad range of a prediction. A lot of wiggle room there.

Meh. It’s hard to be that bad in this league. The 2013 Jets where they won 8 games, they were a bottom 5 team in football at best. 

mccags got rid of virtually everyone idzik drafted and sucked and everyone else who was a problem in the lockerroom.  a lot of the success they've had this year can be attributed to cleaning and purging the crap.  one glaring player is left to go, wilkerson, and that time is coming soon.  mccags has made his share of mistakes, and betting on mo giving his all after being paid was one of them.  sometimes you pay guys and you get mo and revis, other times you get a david harris who will show up every week and give his all.  hopefully we don't throw a lot of money at dogs again.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Bowles treats everyone the same he’s a spineless empty suit coach

You, along with the rest of us, have no clue what these coaches are like behind closed doors, which is probably a good thing in this city. 

If my boss ever treated my like if his/her children ... I’d quit my job.

Pronarily because that would be s clear indication that my boss has no clue how to manage people. Secobdarily because I want to be held accountable, as a professional, so this would signal work culture where accountability comes second to excusing and coddling.

Because that’s what parents do. They love their kids and make excuses for why their kids aren’t as big an a$$hole as we all know they really are.

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Wilkerson caught whatever Revis had.

The Rex influence. Think about the begaviors and mindset of these kids getting their first jobs working for Rex... a narcissistic slob who looks out for himself only and blames everyone else for his sh*t.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Meh. It’s hard to be that bad in this league. The 2013 Jets where they won 8 games, they were a bottom 5 team in football at best. 

That season was also one of the bigger anomalies I have ever seen in all my years watching football. The point differential was in line with the bottom 5 team in football, and they had a lot of lucky bounces and calls from the refs, and totally boneheaded plays by the opposing teams that lead to that record. 

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If my boss ever treated my like if his/her children ... I’d quit my job.

Pronarily because that would be s clear indication that my boss has no clue how to manage people. Secobdarily because I want to be held accountable, as a professional, so this would signal work culture where accountability comes second to excusing and coddling.

Because that’s what parents do. They love their kids and make excuses for why their kids aren’t as big an a$$hole as we all know they really are.

This is what leads to many of the problems we have in society today, and even worse problems down the road. Past generations didn't do that, they knocked our asses out for the most part when we got out of line, and set us straight. I am old school with my kids and actually discipline them and have expectations for their behavior, and I can tell you I am the exception not the norm among the families we live by and know. In the long run, making excuses for your kids is a detriment to them, and not what a parent who loves their kids should actually do.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The Rex influence. Think about the begaviors and mindset of these kids getting their first jobs working for Rex... a narcissistic slob who looks out for himself only and blames everyone else for his sh*t.

Agree completely. I said it was going to take years to remove the stench of Rex in the building, and probably a total roster overhaul before it happens. 

Archived