Can Jax Beat NE & The Refs

New York Mick

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Having two different teams might actually help the ratings. 

I agree with that, but I don't think the NFL does. Sadly the majority of ppl watching the SB aren't real fans.  If there aren't big names...they have no clue.

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

The Jags couldn't beat Don Bosco. I'm stunned they won today. The Pats are going to stomp them out like a cigarette. 

Bortles better be planning a vacation getaway with that POA gf of his Lindsey Duke in 8 Days because next Sunday will be ugly

Call me crazy but I think they have a shot, defense has to maul Brady and make it a low scoring affair, Leonard Fournette needs to run like he did today and Bortles needs to make a couple of plays. It could happen, the real question is if it’s likely. The answer to that would be no.

7 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Call me crazy but I think they have a shot, defense has to maul Brady and make it a low scoring affair, Leonard Fournette needs to run like he did today and Bortles needs to make a couple of plays. It could happen, the real question is if it’s likely. The answer to that would be no.

Ya, literally knock him out of the game and make them really regret not keeping Jimmy Garoppolo lol

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

NE will be up by two scores early and that will go out the window,  I've seen the same thing for 15 years, run the ball and keep brad off the field.  But the pats find a way to not let teams get a lead and thus they can't run as they would like.

To beat the pats imo you have to have huge balls and make sure you score 30 points because they are going to score 28 at least in a game.

Yeah agreed, the last team to beat the Pats in the playoffs non SB was the Jets in 2010, and they did not run, and keep Brady off the field to start the game, they went out, and started aggressively getting a early lead on the Pats scoring TD’s not settling for FG’s, and then start running the ball to keep Brady off the field with a lead, and then when in striking distance again go for the TD don’t settle for FG’s that game was the most aggressive offensive game plan I’ve seen since the 98 Jets, and haven’t seen one since.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If I’m Marrone, I start every practice rep for the offense as if it’s 2nd and 20, because the Jags are going to get called for holding a minimum of four times and they’re gonna have to not be freaked out by it. That’s just the way it is with the Pats. On defense, I’d just flood Brady with pressure and take a few cheap shots on him. You’re going to get called for a few 30-yard DPI’s anyway. May as well add a few zesty 15-yard roughing penalties and see if you can get Brady’s vegan corpse to start limping a bit.

I mean it's obvious now weird sh*t goes down at Foxborough right? Even at the end of the half the scorekeeper held the clock for the Pats to have a second to kick a FG.

The penalties that result in first downs/take away first downs always fall in favor of the Pats at home.

At the end of the day, Pats are a much more talented team than most give them credit for.  Their D is chronically underrated and they have the top ST and O in the league.

I think only Philly had a realistic shot when they had Wentz healthy.  Now, it’s hard to see how any of these qbs can put up enough points to squeak out a win.

That’s not to say The Jags can’t win, but it will require Brady having a terrible game, as well as a lot of luck going there way.  I Just don’t see it happening.  

14 hours ago, Sully80 said:

crazy.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

All things fair?  Yes, the Jags have the recipe to beat the Pats.

Only problem with that is the fair thingy. 

That game is already been determined. Pats 27-24 over the Eagles in the Super Bowl the script. This way the NFL can promote the whole return of Carson Wentz and his quest to unseat grand pappy Brady.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

That game is already been determined. Pats 27-24 over the Eagles in the Super Bowl the script. This way the NFL can promote the whole return of Carson Wentz and his quest to unseat grand pappy Brady.

The Super Bowl is going to be Tom Brady vs. Nick Foles or Case Keenum. 

What good programing in on Sunday nights? Need to know for a friend. 

Fournette will run like a beast on them, only to have them called back for phantom holding calls.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Belicheck game plans so well that any penalties essentially kill any chance the other team.  Look at the Titans, the entire first half was literally killed by the refs.  The Pats just control the clock until their offense breaks loose.  Reminds me of the Oregon Kelly offense.  Speed thing up.  Jacksonville would literally have to play the perfect game to beat the Pats.  I just don't see that happening.

Jacksonville has a very aggressive defense and their secondary love to use their hands a lot so the Ref's will be all over that sh*t or risk Tom Brady crying like the little bitch he is then Kraft cry's and ....well you get the picture .

Belichick's half time adjustments straight from the locker room office ..... Can someone get on the phone with Goodell please

On 1/15/2018 at 12:36 AM, pfilippone said:

J-A-G-S Jags! Jags! Jags!

The 2017 Jags remind me a little bit of the 2010 Jets. A dominating defense, a "game manager" QB... 
If the 2010 Jets could beat the Pats, then why not the Jags?

[praying to the football gods]

Calling Sanchez a game manager is an insult to all game managers QB's. 

Sanchez was a turnover machine having more impact on the game than any game manager ever did.

17 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Calling Sanchez a game manager is an insult to all game managers QB's. 

Sanchez was a turnover machine having more impact on the game than any game manager ever did.

Mark wasn't a game manager, he was a playmaker and we don't make either title game w/o him.  In 2009 at times he was a game manager but by 2010 he was a top 10ish QB in the league w/ an overrated D and run game.  He and the pas game bailed that team out a million times that year and they nearly brought us back in the title game but the D wouldn't have it.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:36 AM, pfilippone said:

J-A-G-S Jags! Jags! Jags!

The 2017 Jags remind me a little bit of the 2010 Jets. A dominating defense, a "game manager" QB... 
If the 2010 Jets could beat the Pats, then why not the Jags?

[praying to the football gods]

I agree w/ you, the teams are similar.  Biggest difference is their D scores points, our D was good but their D is good and scores.  They make big plays, our D in the 2 postseason runs only had the 1 huge TO(at SD) while Jax had a TD last week.  I think our QB was better and their RB better but the teams are similar.  They are even a little talkative like our teams though not the HC.  I said it a few months ago, I thought Jax was built to go into Foxboro and win in January but it's not easy winning on the road back to back against QBs like Ben and Brady. we almost did it but couldn't quite pull it off.  Jax can do it but, let's hope.

Archived