Shurmur to Giants, McDaniels to Colts

Untouchable

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What?  They are just going to have to fire Shurmur after the super bowl so they can hire Belichick!

The dynasty is over, bro.   BB, Brady and Kraft each other and hate winning the Super Bowl every year.

Giants are going to trade 3 1st rounders for him now. 

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why? He's made Minnesota's Offense work with ANY QB.

Hey, you have a good point there. But maybe he wants his own guy given the circumstances of a fresh start? Who knows.

but what I do know is they will probably be too scared of NY backlash to draft Eli’s replacement at #2. Real talk. Did you see what happened when they benched the guy??

Shurmer is lucky those 2 dumb pass calls late in the game didn't cost the vikings 

The NFL has to establish some kind of moratorium on coaching moves until the superbowl is over 

How awkward now for shurmer and the vikings 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Shurmer is lucky those 2 dumb pass calls late in the game didn't cost the vikings 

The NFL has to establish some kind of moratorium on coaching moves until the superbowl is over 

How awkward now for shurmer and the vikings 

Might not be awkward at all...they are probably happy for him. He’s getting another shot at as a Head Coach. Doesn’t always have to be a negitive experience.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hey, you have a good point there. But maybe he wants his own guy given the circumstances of a fresh start? Who knows.

but what I do know is they will probably be too scared of NY backlash to draft Eli’s replacement at #2. Real talk. Did you see what happened when they benched the guy??

Seriously, if I was in the Giants shoes ... Eli, Beckham and Marshall, I'd use that pick on Barkley or as leverage for more picks to load up for a superbowl run. If they pick a QB, they might as well get rid of Marshall and Eli and start fresh with the new coach and QB. The two guys at the top of the QB board are not guys you have to sit on the bench while they figure out how to take snaps from under center and read D's. They are guys you play from day 1 because from Day 1 they will want to be the starter and will make every effort to beat out Eli. It would be ugly. You can sit QB's taken in the latter half of round 1 and later, but not guys at the top of the draft. You don't go 3-13 and then spend the #2 pick on a guy to ride the bench behind a HOF QB.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Seriously, if I was in the Giants shoes ... Eli, Beckham and Marshall, I'd use that pick on Barkley or as leverage for more picks to load up for a superbowl run. If they pick a QB, they might as well get rid of Marshall and Eli and start fresh with the new coach and QB. The two guys at the top of the QB board are not guys you have to sit on the bench while they figure out how to take snaps from under center and read D's. They are guys you play from day 1 because from Day 1 they will want to be the starter and will make every effort to beat out Eli. It would be ugly. You can sit QB's taken in the latter half of round 1 and later, but not guys at the top of the draft. You don't go 3-13 and then spend the #2 pick on a guy to ride the bench behind a HOF QB.

So true, injuries ravaged them last year.  They won 11 games a year ago.  With a line, Eli probably has a good three years left IMO.

So the Giants will get one of the coaches and likely the QB I wanted this offseason.  I swear if I had a time machine I would go back and tell my 8 years old self to pick the blue team.  Stay away from those boys in green and white they will bring you nothing but misery.

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

So the Giants will get one of the coaches and likely the QB I wanted this offseason.  I swear if I had a time machine I would go back and tell my 8 years old self to pick the blue team.  Stay away from those boys in green and white they will bring you nothing but misery.

Also @SAR I

Image result for ny giants band wagon pics

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Might not be awkward at all...they are probably happy for him. He’s getting another shot at as a Head Coach. Doesn’t always have to be a negitive experience.

It happens every year, I'm sure there is some sort of etiquette, but it would just be so much cleaner to make everybody wait. 

It would be like another draft weekend 

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

It happens every year, I'm sure there is some sort of etiquette, but it would just be so much cleaner to make everybody wait. 

Agree it would be cleaner. I initially thought coordinators couldn’t interview for other teams until they are out of the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

Except while you're waiting for a candidate to free up when his team is eliminated other options are signed.  Whole you wait to talk to someone who you may not even make an offer to.  Or candidates keep missing out on interviewes because their team is still playing. 

That's why they changed the rule and allowed interviews.  

42 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Does the Giants' beat have a low rent reporter to write a hit piece on Shurmer and spike the deal?

I don’t have a problem with a reporter writing a hit piece.

My problem, is with the owner that listens to it and reacts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 4:49 PM, legler82 said:

I made the same mistake, only 50 years ago when the JETS, METS and KNICKS won in 68/69.  I actually liked the Yankees in the early 60's as Mel Stotlemeyer was my favorite player for them at the time. Didn't watch much football at the time because I was a big baseball fan. That changed when B-Joe was lighting up the NY skyline lol... 

On 1/15/2018 at 4:49 PM, legler82 said:

It is amazing how the giants get all the breaks while the jets continue to screw themselves

Archived