If Jets lose out on Cousins and Draft goes this way, what's the plan?

Sully80

Assuming Mac doesn't have the stones to trade up, the board falls like this:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen (trade)

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

6. ????

Assuming the rest of the expected FA QBs are available, personally, I would bring in one of McCarron, Foles, or Keenum and draft Chubb if this happened. I'm curious to see what people on here think, because I don't believe its such an unlikely scenario. What is more likely than this however, is that Keenum, McCarron, Foles and the rest of the lot have already signed with a team or have been traded prior to the draft, which means we'd probably just have to sign up for McCown and Hackenberg :1cry:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen (trade)

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

6. ????

Assuming the rest of the expected FA QBs are available, personally, I would bring in one of McCarron, Foles, or Keenum and draft Chubb if this happened. I'm curious to see what people on here think, because I don't believe its such an unlikely scenario. What is more likely than this however, is that Keenum, McCarron, Foles and the rest of the lot have already signed with a team or have been traded prior to the draft, which means we'd probably just have to sign up for McCown and Hackenberg :1cry:

Gotta go with Chubb.  Though I think this scenario is bad, it's not as bad as having Chubb go three and Allen being there at our pick - then we're truly f*cked. 

Want nothing to do with a Wyoming quarterback that's described as inaccurate and hasn't ever completed 60% of his throws.  At least in the situation you present, we get a bonafide edge-rusher.  

13 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

In this scenario? Cards, Vikings, Bills?

So basically in your scenario, the Jets miss out on every single top QB in the draft and Cousins in FA so who do they take?  

This would be so Jets.

Probably Chubb I guess.  I dont know.  Long way to go before you could make that call definitively but Chubb would be my pick now.

I fully expect them to have a QB signed going into the draft. If not Cousins, it will be either Keenum, Dalton, McCown, Bridgewater (insert random JAG QB with no future)

If the board shakes out like that, we are going CB at 6, hell, even if the board doesn't play out like that, we are still likely going CB at 6

48 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Allen (trade)

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

6. ????

1. McCown (resigned)

2. Hackenberg

3. Luke Falk (2nd Round 2018 Draft Pick)

Think it can't happen?  Just wait a while and see.

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

We’ve been tanking for 45 years, it’s about time to try to win something. 

Not successfully though.  Should have at least had the 3rd pick this year. 

Now I'd be happy with any of the 6 rookie QBs (the Joshes, Darnold, Jackson, the reindeer kid, or Mayfield).  So there really isn't a worry.  We'll get someone regardless of what happens.

But if Macc doesn't like what falls to him, so be it.  Try to tank again.  No big deal.  I was upset during the year as we won meaningless games.  Now I've already accepted it.  

Tank until they get a good young QB.  Simple.

Archived