FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

PFF gave him a grade of 74 https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/trumaine-johnson/7067

PFF gave Claiborne a grade of 48  https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/morris-claiborne/7012

Justin Burris was graded at 38 by PFF

If you add our two starting CBs,  you get Johnson. That's how much better he was than the players we had last year. He's a huge improvement. We overpaid for sure, but we had the cap space to do so. 

Interesting...again, I read something where Clairborne was grading out top 20.  

But, whatevs.  Mac has more cap space than he knows what to do with obvi so hopefully Johnson can have a nice few years here. 

I dont think he's a very good player and neither do the Rams but who knows.  Maybe a change of scenery helps. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Can you send the link. The grade was like 77.something for 2017 per PFF in the link...there's no way that makes him 68th.

Here's a good ranking with him at 15th, which is probably about right. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754252-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-outside-cornerbacks-of-2017-season

dbates has posted them all...

He gave up the 5th most yards and was rated 68th out of 121.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

But, whatevs.  Mac has more cap space than he knows what to do with obvi so hopefully Johnson can have a nice few years here. 

I dont think he's a very good player and neither do the Rams but who knows.  Maybe a change of scenery helps. 

There's no way Claiborne was ranking top 20 maybe besides his last year in Dallas where they basically sheltered him with help and let him play on the left side only. 

In an offseason of meh, I find myself rooting for the Jets to sign Daquan Jones. Booooo, solid player but boooo

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

The thoughts probably going thru Macc’s head lol.

Hopefully it's about how he won't have a job, certainly will never be a GM again, if he can't land one of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold.

1 hour ago, derp said:

I like Carpenter but I think he's a goner.

Jets will be running more ZBS with Bates/Dennison. Carpenter excelled early here being part of more of a power scheme. Was a worse fit doing more ZBS stuff in Seattle I believe - he even said something about being hyped to be in more of a power scheme when he came over. And he fell off a little last year and would represent $4.7m in savings.

Not sure if the Jets do something like Pugh during FA and get rid of Carpenter or wait until the draft to see if something falls their way at any interior OL position since they can put Long at either spot. But I can't see Carpenter sticking.

Pugh makes sense too because he could play either guard or right tackle and they can mix and match a little to see what the best line is if they grab him. I think having tackle mobility at guard is a good fit for the new scheme too.

Winters represents no savings so I think he sticks.

I’d imagine they’d have to cut Carpenter today or tomorrow if they want to spend that money, so we’ll know soon enough. Didn’t Pugh move to Florida or something? 

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This Trumaine Johnson deal scares me.  It is big money and we are basically locked for 3.  He is an older (28) dude, this is the first time he is getting paid and he is coming off a bit of a down season.  I like the guy, but this is a big signing, not an under the radar deal.  I hope they did their homework. 

Older player with poor mreasureables coming out to boot. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

In an offseason of meh, I find myself rooting for the Jets to sign Daquan Jones. Booooo, solid player but boooo

Hopefully it's about how he won't have a job, certainly will never be a GM again, if he can't land one of Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold.

Hey, I think Jones has a lot of room to grow and would be an ideal fill in for Wilkerson. Maybe not the most sacks in his young career but I like the idea of Jones. And agreed...Guy is rightfully GONE if he doesn’t get one of the 3. Seems to have legit interest in Mayfield though. It was thought to be a smoke screen at first but thinking he is getting more and more interested by the day.

This site has become 100% polarized.

-One side mostly loves every move made

-One side mostly hates every move made

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Then why did they place the Franchise Tag on him in consecutive years?:confused::Irate:

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Very interesting to watch it unfold. It is also a reason why I do not trust many of the opinions shared on this  site. It would make an interesting psychological study.

Bust as far as football commentary, I just really come here for news any more. That makes me a little sad. It did not used to be  like that.

Not me. I hate the Jets but like the Johnson signing. As in it's ok. And the Williamson is a good one. And I love the Bridgewater deal. Then I look at the $10MM to McCown and say **** this team I can't take them seriously.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Who hates every move?

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Everything hinges on QB at 6 or higher. If they go corner or guard, this offseason was a total waste. QB in round one is non negotiable and should be for everyone imo.

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

We offer our deepest condolences and apologize for the monsters we have become.

you happy now?

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Breaking news, the Browns don't think Tyrod Taylor is a franchise QB.

Any report that suggests the Browns will take a RB at 1 and HOPE that the QB they rank highest miraculously slips to 4 is asinine. 

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times (Albright and somewhere else) that Saquon probably doesn’t go as high as people think. 

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Then why did they place the Franchise Tag on him in consecutive years?:confused::Irate:

Teams do all sorts of silly sh*t with the franchise tag.

They just gave up draft capital for 2 literal psychopaths to pass on Johnson.   That's pretty telling.  

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Everything hinges on QB at 6 or higher. If they go corner or guard, this offseason was a total waste. QB in round one is non negotiable and should be for everyone imo.

Unless you believe that everyone getting fired next year is the best possible result. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times (Albright and somewhere else) that Saquon probably doesn’t go as high as people think. 

The Giants have turned into star humpers, so I think he goes there. The Giant organization and fanbase is still convinced they can squeeze another SB out of Eli and company.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Not me. I hate the Jets but like the Johnson signing. As in it's ok. And the Williamson is a good one. And I love the Bridgewater deal. Then I look at the $10MM to McCown and say **** this team I can't take them seriously.

I'm at the same point. Individually the moves are fine i think. The Jets cap space is funny money anyways until they draft a qb, surround them with talent, and hopefully develop the Qb.

mccown just makes no sense in a team perspective and only makes sense as Bowles just squeezing the lemon of mediocrity to get 5-8 wins again. 

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This Trumaine Johnson deal scares me.  It is big money and we are basically locked for 3.  He is an older (28) dude, this is the first time he is getting paid and he is coming off a bit of a down season.  I like the guy, but this is a big signing, not an under the radar deal.  I hope they did their homework. 

C52WFdkU4AA1bDm.jpg

Archived