Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


joewilly12
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Dude. according to report 3 of 4 of the FAs with lots of options turned down MORE MONEY to go elsewhere. But if you want to celebrate a Crowell, God bless I guess.

you seem to be the smartest most accurate poster here. .. .. lol, yeah, not so much. signing young FA's is better than older players. take out mccown and we are averaging what 26 / 27 yr olds as FA signings.. 

relax man its not that bad. wait until we see how the contracts are structured. 

Also, Cousins and his 30 mil cap hit means we would have 4 less players that we need as probable starters...

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

About your claim that FAs are turning down more money to play elsewhere.  You even said there was a "report" with 3-4 players.  Other than Kirk, no one turned down "more money" to play elsewhere 

Go on.  Show your work.  This should be interesting.

I don't accept homework assignments, sorry. It was posted by someone here yesterday who claims an inside source. And by the way, the media (official media) has reported Kirk wanted $10 MILLION more from the Jets to play here. That's not exactly "going to a better situation for a little more." That's basically a middle finger. In fact not basically. It is a middle finger.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think that pettiness may be worth giving the #2 to Buffalo for the 12 and 22. If the Giants are trading out because they want to draft OLs, you’re still in as good shape to get one at 12as you are at 6 unless they’ve got a massive hard on for Nelson.

I would think they do. You already signed the top LT, I would imagine they're drooling over the idea of pairing him with the best G in the country. But who the hell knows. They could draft Josh Allen and throw everything off.

And also this...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not sure the Giants care about us as much as we'd like to believe.

Not to be “that guy” but I’ve heard from people who would know that the Maras and Pat Hanlon are uniquely aware of the cover that the Jets provide them. This was especially true during the Rex era, and Rex calling them the Jets’ “little brother” before the Giants Super Bowl season is still a running joke inside their facility

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I don't accept homework assignments, sorry. It was posted by someone here yesterday who claims an inside source. And by the way, the media (official media) has reported Kirk wanted $10 MILLION more from the Jets to play here. That's not exactly "going to a better situation for a little more." That's basically a middle finger. In fact not basically. It is a middle finger.

Cousins is not a top QB, let him go... its fine. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stark said:

you seem to be the smartest most accurate poster here. .. .. lol, yeah, not so much. signing young FA's is better than older players. take out mccown and we are averaging what 26 / 27 yr olds as FA signings.. 

relax man its not that bad. wait until we see how the contracts are structured. 

Also, Cousins and his 30 mil cap hit means we would have 4 less players that we need as probable starters...

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'd really love to have someone leak who else wanted McCown and at what price. Still no idea if anyone wanted Fitzpatrick when Macc bid against himself in that situation.

We do seem to overpay for Mccown each year. But it's the QB position and Bradford just got 20 million. I think teams value Mccown as a player and as a leader/mentor. It's nice to have a QB capable enough to start and also willing to step aside for a younger player when the time comes. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Cousins is not a top QB, let him go... its fine. 

See how you just change the parameters when you get backed up? Cousins didn't just say no he said "OHHHH HEEEELLLLLLLLZ NO". It's an utter embarassment. Can't wait to see who else wanted McCown at $10M per. Hint: no body. Jets had no choice because no offensive skill player with legit options wants anything to do with this heap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I don't accept homework assignments, sorry. It was posted by someone here yesterday who claims an inside source. And by the way, the media (official media) has reported Kirk wanted $10 MILLION more from the Jets to play here. That's not exactly "going to a better situation for a little more." That's basically a middle finger. In fact not basically. It is a middle finger.

And we told him we didn't like that.

Now he can freeze in the -40 degree winters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want a franchise QB more than anything here, but I'm so glad we didn't pay Kirk Cousins all that money he really isn't that good and hasn't won a damn thing in the NFL. 

Im upset that we wasted $10 million on Josh McCown 

Teddy Bridgewater we see what he's got if he overcame that horrific knee injury. 

Heres to hoping we land that decent/franchise QB in the draft. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jgb said:

See how you just change the parameters when you get backed up? Cousins didn't just say no he said "OHHHH HEEEELLLLLLLLZ NO". It's an utter embarassment. Can't wait to see who else wanted McCown at $10M per. Hint: no body. Jets had no choice because no offensive skill player with legit options wants anything to do with this heap.

i never wanted to sign cousins, so i did not "get backed up"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Not to be “that guy” but I’ve heard from people who would know that the Maras and Pat Hanlon are uniquely aware of the cover that the Jets provide them. This was especially true during the Rex era, and Rex calling them the Jets’ “little brother” before the Giants Super Bowl season is still a running joke inside their facility

Cue chorus for "show your work or your opinion is rubbish."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I want a franchise QB more than anything here, but I'm so glad we didn't pay Kirk Cousins all that money he really isn't that good and hasn't won a damn thing in the NFL. 

Im upset that we wasted $10 million on Josh McCown 

Teddy Bridgewater we see what he's got if he overcame that horrific knee injury. 

Heres to hoping we land that decent/franchise QB in the draft. 

We didn't not pay him. He wouldn't take the money. So your position is Macc was saved by the Jets' undesirability. Which may be true but man that's a bad situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How would this play out? The Giants take #6 and repurpose it?

Actually, I was talking about the opposite.  I was thinking more along the lines of the Jets demanding a 1st for Abraham, but the Falcons did not want to give up their high-mid first traded with the Broncos for #29, then rolled that to the Jets for Abraham.  Get a team the Giants feel allowed to trade with to make the initial swap.  I think it is done in lesser deals where teams don't want to deal within the division, but the only instance I can think of is the Vikings letting the Jets trade for Favre since the Packers would not make that deal. Not the best example because the Packers saw it coming and put all kinds of contingencies in the deal so we traded for one year of drunken sexting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't accept homework assignments, sorry. It was posted by someone here yesterday who claims an inside source. And by the way, the media (official media) has reported Kirk wanted $10 MILLION more from the Jets to play here. That's not exactly "going to a better situation for a little more." That's basically a middle finger. In fact not basically. It is a middle finger.

That 'media' was a jackass on NFL network that was mocking the Jets not an official report and the 3 FAs the Jets offered more money to that choose elsewhere were Cousins (Wants to stay near his family), Allen Robinson (Always wanted to play in Chicago), and Norwell who was also courted by numerous other teams including the Giants and still chose Jax....

No more, no less were reported by LJ... a quality poster that seems to have aninside source or at least works in the industry to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Skeptable said:

That 'media' was a jackass on NFL network that was mocking the Jets not an official report and the 3 FAs the Jets offered more money to that choose elsewhere were Cousins (Wants to stay near his family), Allen Robinson (Always wanted to play in Chicago), and Norwell who was also courted by numerous other teams including the Giants and still chose Jax....

No more, no less were reported by LJ... a quality poster that seems to have aninside source or at least works in the industry to know.

Well if we're playing the "name a source." Then "oh that source is invalid" game... you see how this isn't a real discussion, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jgb said:

We didn't not pay him. He wouldn't take the money. So your position is Macc was saved by the Jets' undesirability. Which may be true but man that's a bad situation.

Ok good I didn't want him here. Macc is short lived here and so is Bowles this all will pass, sooner than later I hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't accept homework assignments, sorry. It was posted by someone here yesterday who claims an inside source. And by the way, the media (official media) has reported Kirk wanted $10 MILLION more from the Jets to play here. That's not exactly "going to a better situation for a little more." That's basically a middle finger. In fact not basically. It is a middle finger.

1. Saw no such thing glued to my phone and this website all day but if you want to show it like I asked, I'll be here waiting. 

2. Using my own info that I've mentioned a hundred times in the last few days, I'll tell you that whatever that person said is a hot load of garbage.  The Jets have landed all but 3 players they wanted and 2 of which were because they got outbid (Richburg, McKinnon) and the other was never signing here and was likely using us to drive his price up in Minnesota (Kirk).

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well if we're playing the "name a source." Then "oh that source is invalid" game... you see how this isn't a real discussion, right?

Huh? I was correcting your statements and clarifying the FAs that chose elsewhere for more money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok good I didn't want him here. Macc is short lived here and so is Bowles this all will pass, sooner than later I hope. 

They've got lots of defenders but you can still find Geno defenders around these parts. Agree that Bowles and Macc will be run out on a rail soon enough. Bowles probably first. There is a greater chance of Macc lucking into a QB than Bowles ever developing into a competent coach.

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jgb said:

They've got lots of defenders but you can still find Geno defenders around these parts. Agree that Bowles and Macc will be run out on a rail soon enough. Bowles probably first. There is a greater chance of Macc lucking into a QB than Bowles ever developing into a competent coach.

Agree a lot depends on what we do in the draft. Remember Bowles is not Macc's HC of choice. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1. Saw no such thing glued to my phone and this website all day but if you want to show it like I asked, I'll be here waiting. 

2. Using my own info that I've mentioned a hundred times in the last few days and has been pretty spot on, I'll tell you that whatever that person said is a hot load of garbage.  The Jets have landed all but 3 players they wanted and 2 of which were because they got outbid (Richburg, McKinnon) and the other was never signing here and was likely using us to drive his price up in Minnesota (Kirk).

The 10 Million more a year was and is being taken out of context here.  The reporter stated that in order for the Jets to have a realistic shot at landing Cousins they would have had to pay him 10 Million more a year... Not that he was told that, not that was a real number, but basically saying the Jets roster is so devoid of talent they would have to overpay him by 10 Mil a year in order to get him here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1. Saw no such thing glued to my phone and this website all day but if you want to show it like I asked, I'll be here waiting. 

2. Using my own info that I've mentioned a hundred times in the last few days, I'll tell you that whatever that person said is a hot load of garbage.  The Jets have landed all but 3 players they wanted and 2 of which were because they got outbid (Richburg, McKinnon) and the other was never signing here and was likely using us to drive his price up in Minnesota (Kirk).

1. 

I won't be waiting for you to admit you were wrong. 

2. Look I don't know, I didn't see you posting yesterday. I live in Asia. I don't sit in on Macc's meetings. Attacking me for repeating something I read reeks of... well, it just reeks. But hey if it makes you feel good, have at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Actually, I was talking about the opposite.  I was thinking more along the lines of the Jets demanding a 1st for Abraham, but the Falcons did not want to give up their high-mid first traded with the Broncos for #29, then rolled that to the Jets for Abraham.  Get a team the Giants feel allowed to trade with to make the initial swap.  I think it is done in lesser deals where teams don't want to deal within the division, but the only instance I can think of is the Vikings letting the Jets trade for Favre since the Packers would not make that deal. Not the best example because the Packers saw it coming and put all kinds of contingencies in the deal so we traded for one year of drunken sexting. 

I gotcha now. Alas, the Jets aren’t that smart and I still don’t think the Giants are that motivated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
 @JasonLaCanfora

Donte Moncrief's deal with the Jags is a whopper - he gets $10M in 2018 with chance to earn millions more in incentives.

I liked Moncrief coming out.  I tend to read multiple draft profiles rather than actually watching tons of college ball.  Doing only that really gave me some shine to Moncrief, Chris Conley and Robert Meachem.  No real busts, but not exactly a murderer's row of receiver talent either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

1. 

I won't be waiting for you to admit you were wrong. 

2. Look I don't know, I didn't see you posting yesterday. I live in Asia. I don't sit in on Macc's meetings. Attacking me for repeating something I read reeks of... well, it just reeks. But hey if it makes you feel good, have at. 

Exactly... obviously your skimming and taking quotes out of context are being shown, read the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Huh? I was correcting your statements and clarifying the FAs that chose elsewhere for more money.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's just leave it there. Anything I cite will just be dismissed as unreliable by you and well, I won't stop thinking Macc sucks unless he hits on a franchise QB and Bowles... I can't ever see a reasonable path for him to become a good coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Exactly... obviously your skimming and taking quotes out of context are being shown, read the thread.

Again, I'm too old for homework. You want to refute, you can compile the evidence and write the thesis. Macc and Bowles suck. Period end of story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

About your claim that FAs are turning down more money to play elsewhere.  You even said there was a "report" with 3-4 players.  Other than Kirk, no one turned down "more money" to play elsewhere 

Go on.  Show your work.  This should be interesting.

@Mogglez  Do you know what our offer to Cousins was?  You said it would be "creative".

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...