FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Wonder if Pouncey leaving means they will pursue Jensen. Can’t believe he’s still on the market

Some guys wait a little because they know that as the market thins, teams get desperate. I think that's why Nate Solder wasn't one of the first wave of players signed. He waited until a team like the Giants whiffed on Norwell and came with a blank check to save face. 

12 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Here's what I don't get:

If we sign the honey badger, where is Minkah Fitzpatrick going to play?

That's not even funny.......

No pass rush, no offense, but there's always cap room for DBs and LBs. This f___In' franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

A lot of teams might be looking at him as a one year wonder.

He was also pretty mediocre in pass protection last year.

Has a meeting with the Bucs and Colts so I would expect him to sign soon. As long as he keeps away from the AFC East I’m cool. The weaker the dolphins get the better. It’s the Bills I think that can really rise to dominance after the patriots if we don’t get our acts together as an organization.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah, Bridgewater and Eifert could be an amazing tandem....on the weekly Injury Report.

Eifert isn't a "weekly injury report guy" he is more of a Plays week 1, plays week 2, No injury news Monday/Tuesday after the game....random Wednesday report "OMG his career is over"

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Yeah, I can't believe we missed out on those pass rushers that hit the market. What are we doing????

Admit there are are no edge guys on the market. But there were primo WRs and OL guys. But somehow they never get signed here. But again, DBs and LBs, it's like a retirement community for them under this regime,and really going back to Herm Edwards. 

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Admit there are are no edge guys on the market. But there were primo WRs and OL guys. But somehow they never get signed here. But again, DBs and LBs, it's like a retirement community for them under this regime,and really going back to Herm Edwards. 

Ty Law still has gas in the tank

Just now, Bugg said:

We needed a corner and needed a LB. Do you want them to just leave them empty? 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Has a meeting with the Bucs and Colts so I would expect him to sign soon. As long as he keeps away from the AFC East I’m cool. The weaker the dolphins get the better. It’s the Bills I think that can really rise to dominance after the patriots if we don’t get our acts together as an organization.

I live in upstate. The bills fans would be unbearable....!

4 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

We needed a corner and needed a LB. Do you want them to just leave them empty? 

Think WR and OL are seriously more pressing priorities and it's not close. Not sure what they expect any QB or RB to do with this awfulness. Once again, the defense will be ineffective and on the field all day, in large part because the offense is from hunger. Management has spent time and bandwidth selling the idea McCown resigning is some wonderful thing.Its' not; he's an old guy looking for some big payday on the way out. May be he doesn't care the offense right now is not building anything long term.  Heck, in the run/run/3rd and 8 heave offense, as long as the check clears and you can dump it off on 3rd before you get crushed, it's a good gig for an old guy. Same sheet, different season. 

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Think WR and OL are seriously more pressing priorities and it's not close. Not sure what they expect any QB or RB to do with this awfulness. Once again, the defense will be ineffective and on the field all day, in large part because the offense is from hunger. Management has spent time and bandwidth selling the idea McCown resigning is some wonderful thing.Its' not; he's an old guy looking for some big payday on the way out. May be he doesn't care the offense right now is not building anything long term.  Heck, in the run/run/3rd and 8 heave offense, as long as the check clears and you can dump it off on 3rd before you get crushed, it's a good gig for an old guy. Same sheet, different season. 

We have our Center. I’m sure we grab a good G in the draft. It’s a very good draft for G..

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

A Rob was never coming here. And neither was Watkins. Outside of those two, the rest of the FA's are average players. I'd love a new guard but just having a competent Center could make the guys around him better. And we can still draft a center moving Long over to guard. Either way it's all nonsense until we draft a QB.

19 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

A Rob was never coming here. And neither was Watkins. Outside of those two, the rest of the FA's are average players. I'd love a new guard but just having a competent Center could make the guys around him better. And we can still draft a center moving Long over to guard. Either way it's all nonsense until we draft a QB.

Why do you think they were never coming here? Macc wouldn't pay or they didn't want to be here?

30 minutes ago, Bugg said:

i don't think wr is as pressing a need as qb/ol.  anderson should still play, maybe he gets suspended a game or two.  enunwa/kearse/hansen before anything else.  that's 4 guys, add 1 more you can go with that corps this year.  

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Guy's a thug. Would want no part of him in Green & White

we already got cop killa crowell. we've gone full thug turd. might as well load up. after all bowles has proven to be amazing at controlling a locker room. too disgruntled to search for the "shoot myself in the head" emoji.

43 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Well there is really nothing Macc can do to lure offensive players here when our coaching philosophy is to not throw the hall too much based on the firing of our previous OC.

No WR wants to come here and get 5 targets a game.  No RB wants to come here and face 8 and 9 man fronts.  No OL wants to play for an offense that is going to punt 7 times a game.  

This point was made by Cousins, Robinson, Norwell, and McKinnon.  We were in on all four and signed none.

So Macc has no choice but to solidify our defense and then spend the entire draft on offense.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That story would have died in ten minutes if Goodell let the Seahawks sign him and stash him on their bench last year. Talk about a massive self-inflicted wound.

Nah. They would of been complaining about how they won’t give him any playing time even though he’s playing behind a top 10 QB. This is how these type of things work.

Archived