FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JiF said:

I read this as ASJ is staying?  ie He's not getting more money any where else, stay with the team that gave you a 2nd chance.

This is just Connor suggesting that. The reason for the tweet is there have been multi/sources that he is likely to leave for SEA. Still have a door open to him as of right now tho 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Really? How do you get the impression?

paraphrasing the tweet, to me sounds like:

"I wonder if Seattle offered the same as the Jets. In that case it would make sense for him to go back and sign with Jets, with whom he is already familiar."

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

he is currently going to Jacksonville for a visit though.

JAX has Koyack and Paul. what the heck

And Mercedes Lewis...

I'm not crying over losing ASJ.  I dont think he's very good and his production can easily be replaced.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Really? How do you get the impression?

Because you posted a quote that said   "In that case, familiarity where he rebuilt his career seems like obvious best choice."

He rebuilt his career in NY.... I personally know someone that is close to ASJ and if all things are equal he wants to stay in NY, but no hometown discount. If Jets come up to market price he is eager to stay. 

1 minute ago, BrickTamland said:

paraphrasing the tweet, to me sounds like:

"I wonder if Seattle offered the same as the Jets. In that case it would make sense for him to go back and sign with Jets, with whom he is already familiar."

Oh yeah that’s what he meant but the reason for that tweet was the sources saying ASJ is likely to go there. Obviously he left without a deal so the door is open still..we’ll see how it turns out.

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What happened with Santos? I thought he was a pretty good consistent kicker for the Chiefs. Did he get hurt or something??

He was great in KC. Had an injury and the Chiefs signed Harrison Bukter who was great so Santos was out. He is a very good pickup at kicker.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because you posted a quote that said   "In that case, familiarity where he rebuilt his career seems like obvious best choice."

He rebuilt his career in NY.... I personally know someone that is close to ASJ and if all things are equal he wants to stay in NY, but no hometown discount. If Jets come up to market price he is eager to stay. 

Look above^ but I hear you. I figure he would want to play for a contender honestly.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

What happened with Santos? I thought he was a pretty good consistent kicker for the Chiefs. Did he get hurt or something??

Hurt his groin before the season

1 minute ago, Saul Goodman said:

I wonder if this might indicate that they intend to take Allen, or possibly Mayfield. Rosen and Darnold both have good chances to be ready to start day 1. 

Eh. They're still taking Darnold at 1. If not they're idiots. 

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Except, in fairness, Bowles didn’t say that. It was reported that McCown will be the #1 QB at the start of Training Camp.

Also, the sun will rise tomorrow (unless aliens from Alpha Centauri snuff it out tonight with a giant lazer). 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Also, the sun will rise tomorrow (unless aliens from Alpha Centauri snuff it out tonight with a giant lazer). 

That is only going to happen as Sam Darnold of the NY Jets  is kneeling in victory formation with the Jets leading by 9 points with 20 seconds left in the super bowl as the Jets players Gatorade Jim Harbaugh.

Just now, ComfortablyNumb said:

Schefter: Raiders are releasing WR Michael Crabtree, per source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy is a very very talented WR that is elite in the Red Zone, but he can drive you crazy with just some of the worst drops. I'd take him, but for some reason I just don't see us targeting a guy like him.  

Just now, Beerfish said:

That is only going to happen as Sam Darnold of the NY Jets  is kneeling in victory formation with the Jets leading by 9 points with 20 seconds left in the super bowl as the Jets players Gatorade Jim Harbaugh.

I’d 100% sign up for that, but you know as well as I do that the sun would go out just as Cairo Sanchez goes into his motion to potentially kick the winning 29-yard field goal in that Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

They should draft Barkley #1 to give a RB to Taylor, and then they STILL get one of the top 3 QB's guaranteed.

What if the Giants grab a QB, the Jets trade up to 3 and now you are stuck with the 3rd best QB you may not even love. 

I'd be SHOCKED if the Browns pass on a QB at 1. They will find the guy they love, take him at 1 and then take one of Nelson/Barkley/Chubb at 4. 

Archived