FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Agreed that it now looks like the Browns will go QB with the first pick. But, after the Browns select a QB, how do the Giants NOT take Barkley? And I really question the Giants trading out of the first 7 or 8 picks because the cream of the crop in this draft is the Quarterbacks, Barkley, Chubb, and Fitzpatrick. This is the Jets great advantage in trading up. If a team above the Jets makes a trade with the Jets, they can still get Barkely, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick. If a team picking in the top 5 trades with the Bills, they can say good bye to their shot at one of these guys. I think this makes the Jets a far better trading partner for the Giants, Colts or Browns than the Bills or any other team. I really can not envision the Jets screwing this up. 

then again, they somehow screwed up free agency with the biggest checkbook out there.  I didn't envision that either.  

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Thank you 

Well, Mac increased his offer to ASJ, I'm not sure how significant the increase is but I'd imagine its near Burton's. He left the Seahawks w/o a contract and the hawks are hosting Ed Dickson next. ASJ is now going to meet with the Falcons. Other than that, nothing. I think we're done on the line until the draft outside of a depth signing. We may still sign a WR there was interest in Ryan Grant and Paul Richardson before they signed with other teams. 

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think they've done a good job in free agency.

Still need another CB, DE, TE, and K. Would also be ideal for them to sign the Honey Badger (cutting Skrine) and a WR as insurance for Enunwa and Anderson. 

21 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I'd give the Honey Badger 4 million more a year than Skrine every single day of the week. I don't care that he's primarily a FS/Slot corner guy is a playmaker that this entire roster is devoid of. Eagles won the Superbowl with a beast secondary and the best slot corner in the league

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

I love these young bulls man . It’s bout time we get some players that want us to be great . And Not just bout that check .  

Yeah because checks aren't enough to bring people to the Jets.

3 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Have we spent what we needed to reach the cap floor?

I believe $80M was the number we need hit this year. We need to spend a lot this year and next year. It's not really much of a concern but I guess it means we at least spend that much. I'm not sure what we'd be allowed to roll over.

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I believe $80M was the number we need hit this year. We need to spend a lot this year and next year. It's not really much of a concern but I guess it means we at least spend that much. I'm not sure what we'd be allowed to roll over.

I though that too because of the 80% but apparently it's over 4 years, so I'm not really sure we're right about that. A little more complicated to deduce then I first thought. I know we still have a ton of space but w/ rookies and the ability to roll some cap over for next year when players may actually want to come to play for us without paying them 2-4 million above market price is something to think about.

Just now, Sully80 said:

I though that too because of the 80% but apparently it's over 4 years, so I'm not really sure we're right about that. A little more complicated to deduce then I first thought. I know we still have a ton of space but w/ rookies and the ability to roll some cap over for next year when players may actually want to come to play for us without paying them 2-4 million above market price is something to think about.

It is over 4 years. We spent so little last year that we need to spend a ton the next 3. By signing a lot of players the next two years that bumps us up to over that 89% cash spent. We'll be fine hitting the number but it basically means we need to be active this offseason and next year. 

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It is over 4 years. We spent so little last year that we need to spend a ton the next 3. By signing a lot of players the next two years that bumps us up to over that 89% cash spent. We'll be fine hitting the number but it basically means we need to be active this offseason and next year. 

I was concerned with our financial flexibility next offseason but I just looked at what's coming off the books next year. Whatever we roll over into next year, plus how much the cap will go up, AND around 48-50 million coming off the books (Carpenter, Skrine, Powell, McCown, Bridgewater, McLendon, Kearse, Enunwa etc.)

Archived