FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

They overpaid a bit for an injury prone receiver, who when healthy is a more complete WR than anyone on the Jets. Wasn't the worst deal they could've made. Everyone praised the Revis deal.

Using the Revis deal as justification for the Watkins deal seems like a bad idea. I agree Watkins is great when healthy but that is silly money for a player that has been hurt. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

If you sign Bridgewater it's all about health not talent. We know he can play and be a starting NFL Qb. It should be inexpensive plus you draft a Qb at overall 6. But there are other options including McCown. Both would be for one year deals. The expectation being the drafted Qb is your starter in 2019. Unless Teddy is healthy and can beat him out. 

McCown is a waste of time. At least Bridgewater and McCarron are young with some upside. 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Add  that to the fact they run pretty much college spread concept and know exactly how to guys like Sammy Watkins in space . I think he is gonna do great with Andy if stays healthy .  Chiefs got speed to burn on that offense 

That's how I feel. I don't love the deal because of the money and his injury history but when he's on the field he'll be a beast for them. 

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Using the Revis deal as justification for the Watkins deal seems like a bad idea. I agree Watkins is great when healthy but that is silly money for a player that has been hurt. 

Well I just used it as an example of how those grades are often wrong. I agree it's silly money for a player with his injury history but that's just how the market is nowadays for a player of his caliber. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

i really am starting not to enjoy keeping up with this team much anymore. Maybe when Macc/Bowles gets canned...but this is beginning to be too much, man.

NOBODY?? You people didn’t even resign your damn kicker yet...

Forget it who cares, this is pathetic

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

McCown is a waste of time. At least Bridgewater and McCarron are young with some upside. 

McCown is your one year stopgap in case our rookie isn't ready to start opening day. But there are other choices like Bridgewater. 

People need to R-E-L-A-X. Free Agency just started and no one can sign a contract until tomorrow. Most fully expected Cousins to sign with the Vikings. Now, it is a matter of adding the right players at the right price. The most impactful free agents are not the marquee, big name players. Let the process play out.

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

Jets not doing anything with 90 million, Mac should've just blown people away

He would of had to of blown people away to sign them and he was in the perfect situation to do it with no cap repercussions. It should have happened and it didn’t. It’s pathetic. T0m was absolutely right... What it boils down to, Macc put together a sh*t roster and now he can’t even sign players to save it from becoming a sh*t roster next year. It’s honestly all his fault.

He would of had to of blown people away to sign them and he was in the perfect situation to do it with no cap repercussions. It should have happened and it didn’t. It’s pathetic. T0m was absolutely right... What it boils down to, Macc put together a sh*t roster and now he can’t even sign players to save it from becoming a sh*t roster next year. It’s honestly all his fault.

the lack of draft picks and money allocated to the offense in recent years is beyond astounding.  that's how their best offensive player can be an UDFA.  

That's true but he also could've blown people away, A-rob 3 years 48 million fully guaranteed, think he says no? Same for any other player who has signed elsewhere. Mac thinks he could offer a million or two more and get the job done with our sh*t roster

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

People need to R-E-L-A-X. Free Agency just started and no one can sign a contract until tomorrow. Most fully expected Cousins to sign with the Vikings. Now, it is a matter of adding the right players at the right price. The most impactful free agents are not the marquee, big name players. Let the process play out.

You can’t be serious right now. This was a top heavy FA class to begin with. Process lmao.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I said it yesterday and was ridiculed for it called negative.  

No free agents on the list were winning this team a Super Bowl 

I stand by my comment.

so you're saying cap space is useless?  i think mccagnan agrees with you right now.

Getting the impression that players getting paid more than usual (due to Cap Space increases), and because we have to pay a little more we're refusing as don't feel it's value. 

Which is all well and good, but when we have absolutely nothing on offence, it's an incredibly risky/silly/suicidal tactic. 

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Other than Cousins, who were the Jets going to get to "agree" to come on board today who was really going to make a difference? 

Allen Robinson would be a huge upgrade at WR for a rookie. 
Weston Richburg would be a huge upgrade at C for a rookie.

Trey Burton would be a huge upgrade at TE for a rookie. 

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The biggest positions that need to be fixed are C and QB. QB in the draft and theres still two C's in free agency to be had, and even a few in the draft. 

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Other than Cousins, who were the Jets going to get to "agree" to come on board today who was really going to make a difference? 

Robinson, Richberg, Burton, Watkins. I mean the list goes on and on from there, too. This is HIS fault. You can’t built a sh*t roster and then say

“I mean, who was he going to get to agree!” 

Literally ANY of the players who committed yesterday and today would of made an immediate impact on this team that has basically NOBODY.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No all those free agents weren't winning us a Super Bowl the list was lame. 

But we're a dumpster fire right now, can we get to at least wild card contender level this offseason? Obviously a no now, they'd really have to get creative for that to happen

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Allen Robinson would be a huge upgrade at WR for a rookie. 
Weston Richburg would be a huge upgrade at C for a rookie.

Trey Burton would be a huge upgrade at TE for a rookie. 

"upgrade"? ... just about any player would be an upgrade if you place him on the Jets. And I'm unsure what you mean "for a rookie"? That the player would be an upgrade over a rookie? If that's what you mean, I disagree. Better players than all 3 are available in the draft.  

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

"upgrade"? ... just about any player would be an upgrade if you place him on the Jets. And I'm unsure what you mean "for a rookie"? That the player would be an upgrade over a rookie? If that's what you mean, I disagree. Better players than all 3 are available in the draft.  

I  meant, for a rookie QB that we plan on drafting since we missed out on Cousins and whoever we bring will only be a temp solution. 

Archived