FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Macc is so freaking reactive How many years in a row do we get the LAST QB standing in the FA carousel? He either doesn't understand market price or doesn't care and just scrapes up whoever is left when the music stops. He'll stand pat at 6 and do the same bloody thing.

I was just thinking the same thing. What have we seen from Macc the last 4 years would lead anyone to believe he would be proactive and move up?
Personally, I don't like moving up but now we are almost forced to do so. We can't sit around and hope the QB we want falls to us. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robinson, Richberg, Burton, Watkins. I mean the list goes on and on from there, too. This is HIS fault. You can’t built a sh*t roster and then say

“I mean, who was he going to get to agree!” 

Literally ANY of the players who committed yesterday and today would of made an immediate impact on this team that has basically NOBODY.

This is just proof that you cannot fluff over three years of draft misses (after 6 years of draft misses before) and expect free agency to bail you out.

That said, if we had a legitimate QB, maybe there is a different result to the last two days.

At this point, save the cap space, extend the younger players on this team and just hope that we can start the rebuild (again) next season.

39 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Sure, there are a lot of games that aren't definite losses.  But, do you think Vegas would make us the favorite in any of them?

It is way too early to start picking odds, but I fully expect a 6-8 win team.  I am not somebody that gets excited about the schedule this early, but I see that as an easy schedule. I think many of us will be pointing to that next offseason when people are thinking our 8 wins indicate we are on the cusp of something when we played the Texans and Titans after Mariota and Watson go down, the  and the Bills dealing with a new QB, Trubisky having trouble with the new system, Browns dealing with being the Browns, etc.

Bradford getting $20M.  OMG.  WTF is going on?

On a side note, it should have been very telling that we couldn’t even get one of our own free agents to re-sign.  Should have been a sign of what was coming.

McCown is a waste of time. At least Bridgewater and McCarron are young with some upside. 

Give McCarron ...or even Foles who has a short term contract I believe. Then draft a QB in the 1st and go from there. This team has so many holes trading a lot of high DPs for a ? At best rookie QB could be an even bigger disaster than this FA period.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Now, according to @SenorGato i was a moron for thinking that hitting your next pay day in 3 years was more important than a few extra milly on the front... ultimately, that's what this deal was all about. Wanting to maximize value over 3 years to land pay day v.2 at 33 for 120+ again. Better chances of maintaining and improving value in MIN over NY

thems is the breaks Gato

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WF47RxJdg-I

Call me out tmrrw when it's officially official and enjoy my lawls when the Jets trade up if it does become official.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just about my last choice of bridge Qb for the the Jets and of course that is who we go after. 

man-with-headache.jpg

My love for Teddy in 2014 as a prospect can't bring me to dislike him.

It will likely be my downfall.

Bowled next to Bridge at Sparez in Davie, FL...he was moving just fine...great bowler too. Really nice kid, even told me he liked my Jordan Carolina 11’s out of nowhere.

Wished him good luck and no hard feelings for pulling out of UM commit cause of Randy Shannon.

Rooting for him for more than one reason.

Lmao...Bridgewater’s played only a handful of snaps in the past two years coming off a horrific knee injury....that’s our ‘plan’? I’d rather have McCarron or Foles.

Can’t wait for the announcement of the terms...we’ll probably shell out $10 mil/yr.

Only the NYJ.

Just now, Mogglez said:

My love for Teddy in 2014 as a prospect can't bring me to dislike him.

It will likely be my downfall.

I never really liked him and even in his 'good year' his stats were worse than meh.  Then he got his leg knocked off.  I do not hate the guy at all but I see a monumental fail coming up with him.  I'd rather have had mccwon back.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

do you have any idea if this precludes them from trading up, is this instead of mccown, or is this a teddy+josh=2018 nyj qbs?

Not at all.

Teddy + pick sounds likely.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

do you have any idea if this precludes them from trading up, is this instead of mccown, or is this a teddy+josh=2018 nyj qbs?

This can NOT be an excuse for not drafting a QB with our first pick.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Lmao...Bridgewater’s played only a handful of snaps in the past two years coming off a horrific knee injury....that’s our ‘plan’? I’d rather have McCarron or Foles.

Can’t wait for the announcement of the terms...we’ll probably shell out $10 mil/yr.

Only the NYJ.

Agreed, McCarron is at least healthy.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i'd love to know what mccags thinks of the threat of teams like buffalo trading ahead of them, and all 4 qbs gone by the time they pick.  

Lamar Jackson , COME ON DOWN.

You've won the Geno Smith Award by going to NYC where you will be BBQ'ed by Media for not being a AllPro which isnt your fault. Its Jets fault for not trading up. (sooner)

1 minute ago, SouthernJet said:

Lamar Jackson , COME ON DOWN.

You've won the Geno Smith Award by going to NYC where you will be BBQ'ed by Media for not being a AllPro which isnt your fault. Its Jets fault for not trading up. (sooner)

If Mac doesn't trade up for Rosen, then Lamar has to be the pick at #6.

Archived