FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I have to go. Day one of free agency "negotiations" -- not signings, and the unrealistic expectations and unjustified panic on this board has reached biblical proportions.

But really who is left out there from the FA pool as it stands right now? A couple of CBs, DL, that's about it. Nothing on offense really with the exception of Jansen and Mac ain't getting that done. 

Just now, Sully80 said:

But really who is left out there from the FA pool as it stands right now? A couple of CBs, DL, that's about it. Nothing on offense really with the exception of Jansen and Mac ain't getting that done. 

same reason chubb will 'fall' to us at 6.  offensive weapons are prioritized, this is the new nfl, you need guys who can score and guys who can get first downs.  they're worth money.

Just now, pointman said:

All the money in the league, and we aren't in on any of the top free agents as of yet. Incredible. Players don't want to play for Bowles. This is an absolute farce. I guess this is where the Johnsons extend Bowles again. Unreal.

giphy.gif

Prior to the start of last season supposedly GMs were laughing at our roster saying how pathetic it was. We are going to head into this season, largely unchanged fielding the same ragtag bunch of youngsters and castaway no name vets but hey we will be a young team. Something needs to change and change fast.

1 minute ago, pointman said:

But but Cousins sister lives in Arizona. Didn't they get the memo??

Whatever, Bradford is infinitely better than Bridgewater or Mccown. His only downside is injury and that would probably be a good thing for the Jets because it would allow whichever rookie we draft to get a shot. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Whatever, Bradford is infinitely better than Bridgewater or Mccown. His only downside is injury and that would probably be a good thing for the Jets because it would allow whichever rookie we draft to get a shot. 

lol who argued your point?

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Bills/Giants trade is inevitable.  

I just can't believe the giants would be dumb enough to pass on a QB by moving down.  Unless they are really convinced Davis Webb can play and I don't know how they determine that w/ a new staff that hasn't really seen him but I hope they are dumb enough to think Eli has a few years left when he hasn't been good in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Bills/Giants trade is inevitable.  

I don't see it happening. Giants are either trying to win now (so they will go after Barkley/Chubb) or they are looking to build towards the future and will grab one of the QBs. Trading down to 12 makes no sense for a team that is never at the top of the draft. 

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I just can't believe the giants would be dumb enough to pass on a QB by moving down.  Unless they are really convinced Davis Webb can play and I don't know how they determine that w/ a new staff that hasn't really seen him but I hope they are dumb enough to think Eli has a few years left when he hasn't been good in a long time.

Giants need a lot more help than a QB.  Gettleman is an old salt who will know better than to let it all ride on an unknown Rookie QB his first year.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I don't see it happening. Giants are either trying to win now (so they will go after Barkley/Chubb) or they are looking to build towards the future and will grab one of the QBs. Trading down to 12 makes no sense for a team that is never at the top of the draft. 

The Giants can also be in a win-now mode and get multiple first-round picks to shore up one of their many holes. 

Macc is so freaking reactive How many years in a row do we get the LAST QB standing in the FA carousel? He either doesn't understand market price or doesn't care and just scrapes up whoever is left when the music stops. He'll stand pat at 6 and do the same bloody thing.

Archived