FREE AGENT NEWS

joewilly12

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So we forfeited an entire season to sign the 10th ranked ILB, the 19th ranked center, a quarterback that almost had his leg amputated 2 years ago, the backup RB from the Browns, Trumaine Johnson, and Josh McCown? 

Please take it easy Mac. My penis can only get so erect. 

What does forfeiting an entire season have to do with who we signed the next season?

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

What does forfeiting an entire season have to do with who we signed the next season?

The entire justification for throwing the year, at least from the Jejune Brigade, was that we were doing it for the #1 overall in the bestest quarterback draft ever and the chance to sign all the top FA’s. Literally neither of those things even came close to happening. 

This franchise threw a season in April for that. Pissed an entire year away. Never forget it. You, yes you, were conned and lied to. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets are doing exactly what I thought they would be doing. Spreading out the money and filling a lot of holes so that the draft picks can be clear for a major trade up if necessary

NARRATOR (In fact, the Jets weren’t filling holes)

Just now, T0mShane said:

We are trading up so we can stash Josh Allen as the number three quarterback?

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

Regardless who it is, that seems to be the plan. 

I think Darnold and Rosen are more plug and play than Mayfield and Allen, But the Browns and Bills could surprise us

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets are doing exactly what I thought they would be doing. Spreading out the money and filling a lot of holes so that the draft picks can be clear for a major trade up if necessary

Jets fail miserably to pay Cousins tons of money, fall out causes them to overpay average players. Was plan all along. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The entire justification for throwing the year, at least from the Jejune Brigade, was that we were doing it for the #1 overall in the bestest quarterback draft ever and the chance to sign all the top FA’s. Literally neither of those things even came close to happening. 

This franchise threw a season in April for that. Pissed an entire year away. Never forget it. You, yes you, were conned and lied to. 

I understand the picks/tank concept of your post ...not really understanding the FA part though as the success or failures of a season doesn’t impede the ability to sign or not sign players. 

We were always going to have this money this offseason whether we went 1-15, 5-11 or 11-5:

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Or, and stay with me here, they’re going to use McCown and Bridgewater to cobble together sixteen starts the same way they used Forte and Powell to cobble together the running back position, and they’re going to draft a player at six that might help them scratch out eight wins next year so they don’t get fired.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, and stay with me here, they’re going to use McCown and Bridgewater to cobble together sixteen starts the same way they used Forte and Powell to cobble together the running back position, and they’re going to draft a player at six that might help them scratch out eight wins next year so they don’t get fired.

I would file sexual harassment charges on the Jets if this happens.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

@Patriot KillaLooking at Daquon Jones. INteresting player. had a career high in sacks before suffering a triceps injury

Yeah, he has a solid PFF grade and looks to have some nice upside. Only 26 and was tutored under Dick Lebeau. Great defensive mind. I like the idea of plucking solid young players with room to grow from good defenses. Both him and Williamson have lots of room to grow. Hope we wind up signing Jones.

Yeah, he has a solid PFF grade and looks to have some nice upside. Only 26 and was tutored under Dick Lebeau. Great defensive mind. I like the idea of plucking solid young players with room to grow from good defenses. Both him and Williamson have lots of room to grow. Hope we wind up signing Jones.

Especially from great teachers like Lebeau

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I understand the picks/tank concept of your post ...not really understanding the FA part though as the success or failures of a season doesn’t impede the ability to sign or not sign players. 

We were always going to have this money this offseason whether we went 1-15, 5-11 or 11-5:

100% false. They spent absolute dick and balls last offseason. All in the interest of ensuring the tank. They cut everyone and the only FA they brought in was McCown. 

Archived