Jump to content

FREE AGENT NEWS


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the same people who have bitched incessantly for a year about drafting 2 safeties and abhor the idea of drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick are now whining that we didn't sign Tyran Mathieu.  If there

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Signing mediocre McKinnon just means we won’t draft a back...again. This franchise is hopeless.

It may mean that Powell is on his way out--either in trade or outright cut.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So we forfeited an entire season to sign the 10th ranked ILB, the 19th ranked center, a quarterback that almost had his leg amputated 2 years ago, the backup RB from the Browns, Trumaine Johnson, and Josh McCown? 

Please take it easy Mac. My penis can only get so erect. 

What does forfeiting an entire season have to do with who we signed the next season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Deep class for running backs so let’s sign free agents instead. It never ever changes. Crowell and Mckinnon with this class would be a total Jets move. 

Was super important to replace Eli McGuire, I guess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

There is a blatantly obvious reason for that. We are trading up and we need our high picks to be freed up.

We are trading up so we can stash Josh Allen as the number three quarterback?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

What does forfeiting an entire season have to do with who we signed the next season?

The entire justification for throwing the year, at least from the Jejune Brigade, was that we were doing it for the #1 overall in the bestest quarterback draft ever and the chance to sign all the top FA’s. Literally neither of those things even came close to happening. 

This franchise threw a season in April for that. Pissed an entire year away. Never forget it. You, yes you, were conned and lied to. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh. The JAGs are in their prime. Well that’s a horse of a different color!

Can’t have stars at every position . Jets need to be flexible come draft day just in case they can trade up .. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets are doing exactly what I thought they would be doing. Spreading out the money and filling a lot of holes so that the draft picks can be clear for a major trade up if necessary

NARRATOR (In fact, the Jets weren’t filling holes)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

We are trading up so we can stash Josh Allen as the number three quarterback?

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

Regardless who it is, that seems to be the plan. 

I think Darnold and Rosen are more plug and play than Mayfield and Allen, But the Browns and Bills could surprise us

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Jets are doing exactly what I thought they would be doing. Spreading out the money and filling a lot of holes so that the draft picks can be clear for a major trade up if necessary

Jets fail miserably to pay Cousins tons of money, fall out causes them to overpay average players. Was plan all along. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The entire justification for throwing the year, at least from the Jejune Brigade, was that we were doing it for the #1 overall in the bestest quarterback draft ever and the chance to sign all the top FA’s. Literally neither of those things even came close to happening. 

This franchise threw a season in April for that. Pissed an entire year away. Never forget it. You, yes you, were conned and lied to. 

I understand the picks/tank concept of your post ...not really understanding the FA part though as the success or failures of a season doesn’t impede the ability to sign or not sign players. 

We were always going to have this money this offseason whether we went 1-15, 5-11 or 11-5:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nah, fam. Rosen. He’ll battle Bridgewater in the preseason and take the job from underneath both of them. 

 

I think this is what will happen. Also have to remember Josh Allen is coveted by every other team ahead of us and behind us. Think we’ll wind up dodging that bullet before it even comes outta the barrel.

Or, and stay with me here, they’re going to use McCown and Bridgewater to cobble together sixteen starts the same way they used Forte and Powell to cobble together the running back position, and they’re going to draft a player at six that might help them scratch out eight wins next year so they don’t get fired.

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Jets fail miserably to pay Cousins tons of money, fall out causes them to overpay average players. Was plan all along. 

this is why we are stuck virtual suck

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, and stay with me here, they’re going to use McCown and Bridgewater to cobble together sixteen starts the same way they used Forte and Powell to cobble together the running back position, and they’re going to draft a player at six that might help them scratch out eight wins next year so they don’t get fired.

I would file sexual harassment charges on the Jets if this happens.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

@Patriot KillaLooking at Daquon Jones. INteresting player. had a career high in sacks before suffering a triceps injury

Yeah, he has a solid PFF grade and looks to have some nice upside. Only 26 and was tutored under Dick Lebeau. Great defensive mind. I like the idea of plucking solid young players with room to grow from good defenses. Both him and Williamson have lots of room to grow. Hope we wind up signing Jones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, he has a solid PFF grade and looks to have some nice upside. Only 26 and was tutored under Dick Lebeau. Great defensive mind. I like the idea of plucking solid young players with room to grow from good defenses. Both him and Williamson have lots of room to grow. Hope we wind up signing Jones.

Especially from great teachers like Lebeau

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I understand the picks/tank concept of your post ...not really understanding the FA part though as the success or failures of a season doesn’t impede the ability to sign or not sign players. 

We were always going to have this money this offseason whether we went 1-15, 5-11 or 11-5:

100% false. They spent absolute dick and balls last offseason. All in the interest of ensuring the tank. They cut everyone and the only FA they brought in was McCown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...