Is there any non-qb player in the NFL you’d trade the 6th pick for?

nico002

You could only make the argument for a young player who has already proven themselves at a premium position.  A pass rusher, WR, maybe a LT... that's about it.  Losing out on some (if not all) of the "cheap" years is already a major negative against such a move, so you need a guy who is completely proven, still has a long-term career ahead of them, but is also worth taking on the financial cost.  A guy like OBJ is far too batsh*t crazy to be worth all of that.

If we didn't need a QB, yes, there are guys I would gladly swap it for.

Any of the top, young, non-injured LTs in the game.  Bakhtiari or Whitworth come to mind.

Same for edge rushers.  Joey Bosa or Justin Houston.

These are guys you HOPE to get when you draft with the 6 pick.  Why wouldn't you just go for the sure thing?

[edit] I wouldn't touch OBJ (he's too volatile...not worth the money he wants given the character risks.  Reminds me of Revis) or Watt (injury risk too high).

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

If we didn't need a QB, yes, there are guys I would gladly swap it for.

Any of the top, young, non-injured LTs in the game.  Bakhtiari or Whitworth come to mind.

Same for edge rushers.  Joey Bosa or Justin Houston.

These are guys you HOPE to get when you draft with the 6 pick.  Why wouldn't you just go for the sure thing?

[edit] I wouldn't touch OBJ (he's too volatile...not worth the money he wants given the character risks.  Reminds me of Revis) or Watt (injury risk too high).

Absolutely ! Beats rolling the dice.

If he was a couple years younger I'd go Von Miller. That dude doesnt get enough love. 

However, to my disgust I would probably trade that pick for Rob Gronkowski. Why? Because he's pretty much revolutionized the position.

#1. He's literally uncoverable.

#2. Just being on the field he puts enormous stress on the defense and Safeties have no choice but to respect the fact that he's on the field. This opens up alot for the offense.

#3. I can get 1,000 yards and 10 TD's from him at that position and it's not even an exaggeration.

#4. He's probably the most underrated blocker at the position, but not because of being overlooked but because of him being such a massive offensive weapon that folks kinda dismiss the fact that he'll lay you on your ass. 

#5. He's a threat no matter the field position. He's not just a guy good between the 20's or a red zone threat. The guy is a freak. 

If I had no choice and HAD to trade my 6th pick but could get anyone in the league outside of QB, I would trade for Rob Gronkowski. The guy is that good. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

If he was a couple years younger I'd go Von Miller. That dude doesnt get enough love. 

However, to my disgust I would probably trade that pick for Rob Gronkowski. Why? Because he's pretty much revolutionized the position.

#2. Just being on the field he puts enormous stress on the defense and Safeties have no choice but to respect the fact that he's on the field.

#3. I can get 1,000 yards and 10 TD's from him at that position and it's not even an exaggeration.

#4. He's probably the most underrated blocker at the position, but not because of being overlooked but because of him being such a massive offensive weapon that folks kinda dismiss the fact that he'll lay you on your ass. 

#5. He's a threat no matter the field position. He's not just a guy good between the 20's or a red zone threat. The guy is a freak. 

If I had no choice and HAD to trade my 6th pick but could get anyone in the league outside of QB, I would trade for Rob Gronkowski. The guy is that good. 

#6 he play roughly 10 games a year no thanks for the #6 pick.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

#2. Just being on the field he puts enormous stress on the defense and Safeties have no choice but to respect the fact that he's on the field. This opens up alot for the offense.

but you have to have someone to get him the ball.

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I cant choose a QB. That's part the rules of the thread. 

Understood but putting Gronk on the Jets is like giving the keys to a Ferrari to a two year old.  Not much is going to happen and if it does it's a car crash.

Archived