Loving Josh Rosen (merged)

Grandy

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I dont get this at all....... can someone explain?

we moved up paying a big price to 3. Now the rumors are were in love with josh allen? The kid from a sh*tty system, with sh*tty mechanics, never won big games and is inaccurate? WHY? wHY? WhY?????????

All because hes got a " tall hot" body and muscular arms? Are we a football team or a bunch of fags on 10 night gay cruise to cozumel? I mean seriously, is it his looks that mac likes? 

Can see rosen darnold or mayfield ( my fav because hes a warrior with attitude). Id be ok with any of those 3 but seriously whats all the allen love? And with macs huge bluder with hackenburg, why would he move up for hackenburg 2????????

If mccags drafts allen after All that he Deserves to be Fired.  :/

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Height isn't the only issue. His being short is compounded by the way drops the ball down before release, potentially resulting in batted passes. He also has the knock of lacking the speed to escape tacklers at the NFL level.  The question is whether he is more Drew Brees or Doug Flutie at the pro level.   Mayfield and Allen are the biggest crapshoots at QB for entirely different reasons.  

except he doesn't get passes batted down very often - it's actually one of the positives about him - as being short - he finds good throwing lanes.

he's plenty fast for an NFL QB 4.8 - 40 by no means a burner - at 215 pounds that's more than enough speed.

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

not in a million years.  Mac won't be that guy who trades 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots for a freaking RB.  Especially when there is really good talent for RBs in rd 2.  Not a chance.  If Barkley is there at 3, see if you can sucker Cleveland into trading a pick to move up from 4 to 3.  Maybe Mac could land a 3 or even a low 2 or a 2 next year.  Notwithstanding the $8 million guaranteed given to Hyde, Cleveland won't be able to walk away from Barkley.  

So you 1st say there is not a chance in hell mac would take a once in 15 yr all talent back, but then propose browns trade up from 4th to 3th out of fear jets are thinking about taking Barkley ?????

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

So you 1st say there is not a chance in hell mac would take a once in 15 yr all talent back, but then propose browns trade up from 4th to 3th out of fear jets are thinking about taking Barkley ?????

Would you take Barkley over a QB after trading 3 second round picks?

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I'm very confused by whatever bit's stance is here but I do know the Jets should stay away from Josh Allen.

I am trying to get to the bottom of Josh Rosen. 

He was struggling at his pro day to his left

his ourlads radar gun numbers are worse to the left for some reason 

Josh Allen - Wyoming - 62 (left), 62 (right)

Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 59 (left), 60 (right)

Josh Rosen - UCLA - 57 (left), 59 (right)

Sam Darnold - Southern Cal - did not throw

http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-2018-NFL-Combine/10241/dh/

It's shocking to me that Jets fans who lived through Chad Pennington would so blithely underrate Arm strength 

If we are ranking these guys by Arm strength it might go Allen - Mayfield - Rosen - Darnold  not that Rosen has a weak arm but it's not as strong as the other 2 guys 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Would you take Barkley over a QB after trading 3 second round picks?

Over what qb ? Darnold or Rosen easily over Barkley. I wouldn’t trade 3 high picks to pick a guy who barely completes 50 % of his passes, and is a question mark to even become a quality starter (Allen) Over a extremely likely top rb in nfl for many yrs. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

http://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-2018-NFL-Combine/10241/dh/

It's shocking to me that Jets fans who lived through Chad Pennington would so blithely underrate Arm strength 

If we are ranking these guys by Arm strength it might go Allen - Mayfield - Rosen - Darnold 

*clicks link expecting nothing serious*

*gets nothing serious*

*remembers you've mentioned this zero times so far and its a who-gives-a-sh*t point in the first place*

Alrighty, so you're just out for a Sunday morning troll.

1 hour ago, Mackman55 said:

Take a few minutes to watch the best 2018 draft QB evaluation I've seen.

Josh Allen > Arm strength vs arm talent.

This was good. Thanks for posting. 

Just for the hell of it wonder what Greg's thoughts were regarding the top QBs prospects the past few yrs i.e. Goff, Wentz, Hack, Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes. Winston, Mariota

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

except he doesn't get passes batted down very often - it's actually one of the positives about him - as being short - he finds good throwing lanes.

he's plenty fast for an NFL QB 4.8 - 40 by no means a burner - at 215 pounds that's more than enough speed.

The critique is based on him stepping up to a much higher level of competition.  NFL size and speed at every position is a far cry from what he's seen thus far.  Fractions of seconds and inches are the difference in whether players can be successful at the next level.  I am not worried about his raw arm strength, love his attitude, and the glitch in mechanics is fixable, but Mayfield is on the cusp with more than just his height as things stand right now.  That said, I would take my chances with him over Allen but not over Darnold or Rosen. 

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not exactly.  The Browns may fear that the Jets are going to trade #3 to some other team that is very interested in Barkley, and *that* is why the Browns would be willing to move up from 4 to 3.  Just like the Bears did with SFO last year.  They pretty much knew that SFO had their eyes on the DE Solomon Thomas and that was their likely pick.  But they still traded up.  They weren't afraid of SFO picking Trubisky as much as they were SFO trading the pick to another team that was very interested in Trubisky.

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen - Wyoming - 62 (left), 62 (right)

Baker Mayfield - Oklahoma - 59 (left), 60 (right)

Josh Rosen - UCLA - 57 (left), 59 (right)

Sam Darnold - Southern Cal - did not throw

If we are ranking these guys by Arm strength it might go Allen - Mayfield - Rosen - Darnold  not that Rosen has a weak arm but it's not as strong as the other 2 guys 

It shocking to me that fans who lived through Hackenberg, Jamarcus Russell, Jay Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Ryan Mallet, Jake Locker, ect, ect, ect, ect, etc, ect, ect, ect, ect, etc and ect 

would overrated arm strength.

Over what qb ? Darnold or Rosen easily over Barkley. I wouldn’t trade 3 high picks to pick a guy who barely completes 50 % of his passes, and is a question mark to even become a quality starter (Allen) Over a extremely likely top rb in nfl for many yrs. 

Ok I feel you.

but what If Rosen and Darnold are gone. Do you go Barkley or Mayfield and keep in mind, you just gave up a LOT to get this pick.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Not exactly.  The Browns may fear that the Jets are going to trade #3 to some other team that is very interested in Barkley, and *that* is why the Browns would be willing to move up from 4 to 3.  Just like the Bears did with SFO last year.  They pretty much knew that SFO had their eyes on the DE Solomon Thomas and that was their likely pick.  But they still traded up.  They weren't afraid of SFO picking Trubisky as much as they were SFO trading the pick to another team that was very interested in Trubisky.

I think the browns would take that chance knowing what fools the jets would look like by trading into 3, and back down to 8? Lol. The browns would take Chubb. Maybe they do anyway since they have Hyde now. They can grab a complimentary rb to him in 2nd. 

I think it’s more much likely the giants squeeze the jets in way you propose. Giants may tell jets they may trade the 2, but they also would take Barkley maybe. Giants would say “ trade/swap with us so you don’t have to find out” maybe for a jet player, not a pick

I think the browns would take that chance knowing what fools the jets would look like by trading into 3, and back down to 8? Lol. The browns would take Chubb. Maybe they do anyway since they have Hyde now. They can grab a complimentary rb to him in 2nd. 

I think it’s more much likely the giants squeeze the jets in way you propose. Giants may tell jets they may trade the 2, but they also would take Barkley maybe. Giants would say “ trade/swap with us so you don’t have to find out” maybe for a jet player, not a pick

they can have Lee.  

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ok I feel you.

but what If Rosen and Darnold are gone. Do you go Barkley or Mayfield and keep in mind, you just gave up a LOT to get this pick.

in this case you believe 0% the Jets go Allen? in this greg cosell video, he mentions if you bet it all on Mayfield and lose it's easy to look back at it and get fired. I hope it's Mayfield but not sure what Mac does.  The board could be Darnold, Rosen, Barkley 

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Ok I feel you.

I like mayfield. Thought we had a good shot at him with #6. It’s not up to me, but all rumors seem to point mac isn’t high on mayfield. I think Mac has to now make sure he gets Rosen or darnold. Not Allen or mayfield who 1 would likely be there at 6. Barkley is very high on everyone’s mocks. For good reason. If I had come this far, I’d just go a little further and trade to move up to giants spot make sure I’d get 1 of those 2. Otherwise I would take Barkley knowing my HC wants to run more than any other team in nfl ha. I’m not taking the 3rd best qb Who reminds me of hackenberg jusf because I lost out on the two top qbs.

19 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

*clicks link expecting nothing serious*

*gets nothing serious*

*remembers you've mentioned this zero times so far and its a who-gives-a-sh*t point in the first place*

Alrighty, so you're just out for a Sunday morning troll.

dude im trying to reverse jinx everything that way when it all goes down no one can blame me personally

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I dont get this at all....... can someone explain?

we moved up paying a big price to 3. Now the rumors are were in love with josh allen? The kid from a sh*tty system, with sh*tty mechanics, never won big games and is inaccurate? WHY? wHY? WhY?????????

All because hes got a " tall hot" body and muscular arms? Are we a football team or a bunch of fags on 10 night gay cruise to cozumel? I mean seriously, is it his looks that mac likes? 

Can see rosen darnold or mayfield ( my fav because hes a warrior with attitude). Id be ok with any of those 3 but seriously whats all the allen love? And with macs huge bluder with hackenburg, why would he move up for hackenburg 2????????

Chill out. Nobody know what team is in "love" with what player. Lots of smoke and mirrors.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

in this case you believe 0% the Jets go Allen? in this greg cosell video, he mentions if you bet it all on Mayfield and lose it's easy to look back at it and get fired. I hope it's Mayfield but not sure what Mac does.  The board could be Darnold, Rosen, Barkley 

We aren’t taking a ******* running back Bit. 

You aren’t good at trolling. Save it for the Pros, man.

I like mayfield. Thought we had a good shot at him with #6. It’s not up to me, but all rumors seem to point mac isn’t high on mayfield. I think Mac has to now make sure he gets Rosen or darnold. Not Allen or mayfield who 1 would likely be there at 6. Barkley is very high on everyone’s mocks. For good reason. If I had come this far, I’d just go a little further and trade to move up to giants spot make sure I’d get 1 of those 2. Otherwise I would take Barkley knowing my HC wants to run more than any other team in nfl ha. I’m not taking the 3rd best qb Who reminds me of hackenberg jusf because I lost out on the two top qbs.

I can’t justify taking a RB ever in this situation. I also think Macc has been rather high on Mayfield tbh. I could be wrong I suppose, but everything I. have read indicate he is #2 or #3 in the list.

I think he's the most Pro ready at this point.  But I think the upside of Darnold and Allen is probably greater, although both may have more risk, especially Allen.  Mayfield is a bit of an enigma to me.  I honestly have no idea where that guy is in 3-4 years.  He could be a very good starter, he may be nothing more than a backup or he could be out of the league.  I just don't have a clue on him quite honestly.

This is the Jets we're talking about now.  And, they just traded significant Draft capital to move up to #3.  They also haven't had a franchise QB in more than a decade.  Given all that, I don't think they can take a risk and thus I'd have both Mayfield and Allen rated after Rosen and Darnold.  That's just me.  

I'd take more of a pro-ready somewhat "sure thing" with Rosen, despite his injury concerns, than swing for the fences with Allen or Mayfield.

Raw talent and upside? You take Allen but he's the biggest risk in this group of four, and the Jets can't swing and miss on this.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s like you don’t read the actually words in the posts. LOL. You have had 5 people tell you exactly why they don’t like him and think he will be a bust and yet you still act as if no one said anything at all.(btw. this is a Rosen thread, not an Allen is a bust thread)

But then you have this guy over here that can’t even explain why he does like Allen!!

JetNation.. you are better than this.

Actually they pretty much all say the same thing, he has accuracy issues.  And they think they know this by virtue of his completion percentages.  Which of course doesn't really have much to do with accuracy.  

And of course they use his off the chart measurable against him.  People only like Allen because he is the perfect height, weight, speed backed up by easily the best arm in years.  Therefore stay away. 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I think he's the most Pro ready at this point.  But I think the upside of Darnold and Allen is probably greater, although both may have more risk, especially Allen.  Mayfield is a bit of an enigma to me.  I honestly have no idea where that guy is in 3 years.  He could be a very good starter, he may be nothing more than a backup or he could be out of the league.  I just don't have a clue on him quite honestly.

This is the Jets we're talking about now.  And, they just traded significant Draft capital to move up to #3.  They also haven't had a franchise QB in more than a decade.  Given all that, I don't think they can take a risk and thus I'd have both Mayfield and Allen rated after Rosen and Darnold.  That's just me.  

I'd take more of a pro-ready somewhat "sure thing" with Rosen, despite his injury concerns, than swing for the fences with Allen or Mayfield.

Raw talent and upside? You take Allen but he's the biggest risk in this group of four, and the Jets can't swing and miss on this.  Just my opinion.

What raw talent and upside of Allen? You mean being massive? 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually they pretty much all say the same thing, he has accuracy issues.  And they think they know this by virtue of his completion percentages.  Which of course doesn't really have much to do with accuracy.  

It is his footwork and mechanics that throw his accuracy off tbqh with you. He doesn’t set his feet well at all. 

Another thing that correlates to his poor accuracy is the fact he tries to throw the ball as hard as he possibly can with each pass instead of understanding the art of the “touch pass”. 

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Best arm in the group IMO.  Better than both Darnold and Rosen.  But accuracy issues and some of his decision-making concern me.

Best as in ability to throw the ball hard and far? That doesn't mean all that much unless we are comparing to chicken armed guys like Pennington. All the top guys have legit arms. That "talent" doesn't supersede all the other upsides of the others. Look at Allen's stats. That impresses you? That shows flashes of "raw talent"?

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It is his footwork and mechanics that throw his accuracy off tbqh with you. He doesn’t set his feet well at all. 

Another thing that correlates to his poor accuracy is the fact he tries to throw the ball as hard as he possibly can with each pass instead of understanding the art of the “touch pass”. 

Except you still haven't come up with proof he's inaccurate.  

Hes not perfect, you think any of the others are?  Darnold had mechanics issues.  Rosen always seems to be injured.  Mayfield is a short QB who comes from a gimmick offense playing on easily the best team in a weak defensive division.  The issues with Darnold and Allen can be fixed, Mayfield not 

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And that's how I know your full of sh*t and don't watch him. Literally watch the breakdown I posted earlier of Josh Allen, the guy specifically goes over how Josh Allen has touch.

Edit: Literally right from his senior bowl 

Archived