Teddy Bridgewater passes his physical.....

ARodJetsFan

Teddy Bridgewater passed his physical with the Jets.

Two deals across the league were nixed due to failed physicals last week—Ryan Grant with Baltimore and Bashaud Breeland with Carolina—and there was concern that Bridgewater might be in similar danger coming off a serious knee injury. New York's decision to trade up for the No. 3 pick on Saturday further fueled speculation that Bridgewater's deal might be off, though apparently that's not the case. While the Jets have yet to officially sign Bridgewater, sources tell ProFootballTalk that an announcement should be coming shortly.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pointman said:

I'm surprised he decided to come here considering McCown is back and we are drafting a QB. Maybe he wants to just be stashed on our roster and rehab his twig.

They probably told him he would be able to compete, too bad he doesn’t understand compete doesn’t mean a thing unless you are competing for the oldest QB on the roster. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

They probably told him he would be able to compete, too bad he doesn’t understand compete doesn’t mean a thing unless you are competing for the oldest QB on the roster. 

Seriously. Bowles only likes vets, the older the better. Its going to be sad when our brand new stud qb is drafted and doesn't get a real chance until Bowles is fired.

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Maybe we take Barkley .. and TB is the man. I don't want or think that .. but you never know.

That would be hilarious. Only thing funnier would be if we went DB at 3, and brought back Milliner. It won't happen. Rest easy, MacReady.

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Seriously. Bowles only likes vets, the older the better. Its going to be sad when our brand new stud qb is drafted and doesn't get a real chance until Bowles is fired.

Should of just signed McCown to that 5 million dollar deal and called it a day. I guess I understand it ...very slightly....very, very slightly but whatevs man. I’d tell Bowles just make sure he understands his job is on the line if he doesn’t come out swinging with the #3 overall pick. #3 pick has to play. He isn’t a second rounder.(Hack) He isn’t a fourth rounder.(Petty) 

Start him and that’s it.

Should of just signed McCown to that 5 million dollar deal and called it a day. I guess I understand it ...very slightly....very, very slightly but whatevs man. I’d tell Bowles just make sure he understands his job is on the line if he doesn’t come out swinging with the #3 overall pick. #3 pick has to play. He isn’t a second rounder.(Hack) He isn’t a fourth rounder.(Petty) 

Start him and that’s it.

There was a post here recently, stating that the Johnsons didn't put a playoff mandate on Bowles. They just wanted to see progress. Our ownership is soft and won't tell Bowles any such thing. Its sad and frustrating to witness. 

Start him and that’s it.

Hell play by week 8

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Seriously, what makes you keep repeating this?  Because you actually believe the only reason that Hack or Petty have never won the starting job is because the HC likes vets?  Really? 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously, what makes you keep repeating this?  Because you actually believe the only reason that Hack or Petty have never won the starting job is because the HC likes vets?  Really? 

Petty and Hack would both be all-pro if Bowles just realized that

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously, where did I "keep repeating" that? I'll wait for the plethora of examples. Quote the right person, buddy.

If Teddy shows he can still play & play well we might be able to parlay him into a draft pick. I can't believe we have 2 guys that actually know how to play QB in this league. I'm hoping Teddy beats out McCown & McCown just becomes a high paid Backup/QB coach for Teddy learning Bates system & whoever we pick in the draft.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Time to sign Teddy and cut Hack on the same day.  

Hack will get to come to camp, just in case TB's leg falls off.  Or the reports that his new private  QB coach has actually fixed him are true.  (Doubt it, but ya never know)

Hey, I'm feeling good about the trade up, might as well put the green tinted glasses on and fantasize. 

Teddy comes into camp, looks like nothing ever happened to him.  Is a young QB on the rise.  Hack comes in looking like the guy Macc thought he was, hitting lasers all over the field.  Mayfield comes in, and takes the town by storm, and guarantees a Super Bowl. :)  And Bowles starts the old guy for 15 weeks.

I need a beer after that

40 minutes ago, pointman said:

Seriously, where did I "keep repeating" that? I'll wait for the plethora of examples. Quote the right person, buddy.

It's been said over and over again.  

Guess clearing this up is more important actually giving the reason why you said it, even if you said it once.  Not getting the issue.  

Archived