JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

@nycdan you are ticking buddy.

Pick is in.  I have another in 8 picks.  I'm going to an early movie (RP1) so should be back around 9pm and will be available from then on.  If somehow all seven picks in front of me happen in under and hour, mods can pick for me but I think I'm safe.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, King P said:

Still quality guys if you look carefully enough

i'm usually OK for the first 100 - 120 picks.  After that it gets tough to choose , mostly based on oversimplified blurbs about player skills from the myriad of draft analysts  out there.  Really, for me rounds 6 & 7 are almost always relying on blind faith of what those guys write.  

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I thought about taking him for a TE conversion but decided to go with Oren Burks. 

I like Lazard..decent hands..they are a little inconsistent but will get better..big sized guy.

I don’t know much about him. I know Brees has always thrived with big targets. I was thinking red zone 3-wide, big mismatch creator with his size, as a rookie and develop him from there.

I wanted to add 2 WR in this draft in case wd don’t pay Michael Thomas when the time comes, and to replace the WRs that’ll turnover behind him.

51 minutes ago, Dcat said:

i'm usually OK for the first 100 - 120 picks.  After that it gets tough to choose , mostly based on oversimplified blurbs about player skills from the myriad of draft analysts  out there.  Really, for me rounds 6 & 7 are almost always relying on blind faith of what those guys write.  

I don’t know what I’m doibg from the 2nd round on. I do this to get acquainted with the draft depth, because I have no time to follow college prospects.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t know what I’m doibg from the 2nd round on. I do this to get acquainted with the draft depth, because I have no time to follow college prospects.

That's the big reason why I do it.  I learn so much about prospects I never had the chance to watch.  Makes the draft more meaningful and I can better understand why teams are doing certain things.  I'm fine thru rd 3.  A little sketchy thru 4 & 5 and 6 & 7 are mostly shots in the dark based on inadequate summaries instead of actual analysis of players. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don’t know much about him. I know Brees has always thrived with big targets. I was thinking red zone 3-wide, big mismatch creator with his size, as a rookie and develop him from there.

I wanted to add 2 WR in this draft in case wd don’t pay Michael Thomas when the time comes, and to replace the WRs that’ll turnover behind him.

Honestly I didn't like the pick. For some reason PK is Ok with his hands and then described them as inconsistent which is being kind. At this stage of the draft...why not, but he doesn't catch the ball naturally and it's why I passed on him for Wilson a few picks earlier. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Honestly I didn't like the pick. For some reason PK is Ok with his hands and then described them as inconsistent which is being kind. At this stage of the draft...why not, but he doesn't catch the ball naturally and it's why I passed on him for Wilson a few picks earlier. 

Rob, what are your thoughts on Connor Williams? Scouting reports are all over the place on him

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rob, what are your thoughts on Connor Williams? Scouting reports are all over the place on him

I haven't watched any tape of him this year so I'll check out some game tape. Watched a ton of film two years ago and it's why I absolutely hate Orlando Brown and love McGlinchey.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, RobR said:

Good insight. That’s actually something I might have noticed if I watched him play. I’m hoping with my  other later picks to watch video a little. This pick I made from the gym. I didn’t bother, but should have. Either way, now I know more about some of the 4th round WRs... let’s hope the Jets avoid him if he sucks!

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, RobR said:

I haven't watched any tape of him this year so I'll check out some game tape. Watched a ton of film two years ago and it's why I absolutely hate Orlando Brown and love McGlinchey.

McG and Nelson are the only reason Adams gained any yards. They gave him the extra yards he needed to get his speed up. ND is ****ed this year :/

@JiF,  I was a hair away from drafting Dorance Armstrong for the Jets at pick #107.  I wound up picking Jeff Holland there instead.  Kept going back and forth. Watched some clips of both and liked them.  I think Armstrong has a higher ceiling TBH, but Holland with the lower floor.  I liked Armstrong's height and build, but Holland's speed

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was going to take the DE you picked

I almost took him for the Jets back at pick 107.  It was between Holland and Armstrong for EDGE there. Still wondering if I should have went Armstrong instead.

10 hours ago, RobR said:

You didnt catch any Connor Williams while watching Orlando Brown "tape"?  They played each other 3 times.  They also played Notre Dame twice during that time.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I was going to take the DE you picked

I figured he was BAP and none of the WR's/TE's/RB's in the spot did anything for me.

Cant have enough pass rushers and Dorance would be able to play situational on a team with a ton of pass rushers.  It also gives them some flexibility if he hits since they're also going to have to make decisions on who to resign or let walk over the next few years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

@JiF,  I was a hair away from drafting Dorance Armstrong for the Jets at pick #107.  I wound up picking Jeff Holland there instead.  Kept going back and forth. Watched some clips of both and liked them.  I think Armstrong has a higher ceiling TBH, but Holland with the lower floor.  I liked Armstrong's height and build, but Holland's speed

We're in crap shoot territory now.  Coin flip on who's the better player. Armstrong had the better SPARQ scores.  Holland had a better season but from everything I've read, Kansas changed their D and it impacted Armstrong's role.   Who knows at this point?