JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I know stuff comes up, and our draft is not exactlly anyone's top priority in the day -- and I was not directing my comment at anyone individually.  But collectively, we were getting like 20 picks a day in for a few days and I think we are at 5 so far today. 

There are probably only 4 or 5 people who think to send picks in if they are going to be unavailable -- you are one of the few who has done that.  Like i said, I really want to get this thing wrapped up by Sunday if we can.

New rule: in order to parcipitate in a mock draft, you have to have moderated a mock draft. I don’t think people understand how time consuming and obnoxious it becomes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

New rule: in order to parcipitate in a mock draft, you have to have moderated a mock draft. I don’t think people understand how time consuming and obnoxious it becomes.

As drafts have gone, this one has been pretty good.  I usually assume that in order to do a good job modding one of these drafts, you are going to have to really piss off one or two people along the way.  That really hasn't happened this year.

Except for Gato, who was never part of the draft.  And he is gone now anyway.  Makes everything worth it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know the feeling because I've modded about 4 or 5 of these including the last one at JI which was a monumental clusterfvck.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I think we used to limit JN to 4 rounds.  I didn't do the last couple because of work, but did the Hampur's last year.  I really appreciate the 7 round format, but the patience required is not for everybody - even at the participant level.  I actually went away for the weekend and completely missed two rounds, but at least I let those guys know. I find it much easier to post during the week. I may just give my last two picks to Lith in case I am not around this weekend either. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Or perhaps that you have a job?

If I were still working this draft would be nearly impossible for me to do correctly.  But like Lith said just send in your list of people if you know you won't be available. I'm luck in that I can check the progress every hour or so.

40 minutes ago, RobR said:

I know the feeling because I've modded about 4 or 5 of these including the last one at JI which was a monumental clusterfvck.

You mean its a problem when the mod quits about halfway through and never checks back in until after the draft is over.  I think that is when I came up with the spreadsheet idea - because everyone was losing track of who was picked and who was still available.

Good times.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

You mean its a problem when the mod quits about halfway through and never checks back in until after the draft is over.  I think that is when I came up with the spreadsheet idea - because everyone was losing track of who was picked and who was still available.

Good times.

The spread sheet is an EXCELLENT idea. Wish I had discovered it earlier. lol I have my own list of prospects which I tailored to NE's needs but with the spread sheet you can see if one of your guys has already been gobbled up.

Great work and thanks !

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good times.

I see we're in another "lull" again. I just hope they make both picks at once.  They are up again 2 picks after those.

46 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good times.

They weren't good times for the sucker who decided to take it over after the original mod went MIA during the first round. People jumping picks, picking the same players. Needless to say but I'm sure I pissed off quite a few posters for what seemed like over a month to get it done. Screw you "24"....I think that was his handle.

• Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I see we're in another "lull" again. I just hope they make both picks at once.  They are up again 2 picks after those.

We're always in a lull when certain posters are on deck.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@BigO.  You have 35 minutes left on the clock, then two consecutive picks.  If you do not make your pick on time, we will make both picks for you and neither one will be changed once they are made.

Please make your picks

To busy at work- was checking throughout  but missed the time slot - good picks though /thx for your effort

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, Lith said:

Good times.

I think that might have been what triggered the fire sale of the whole site to Scout.

5 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

missed all 3.  But the good news is the Rams are done!

Had I been around for the third consecutive missed pick I would have selected the best Long Snapper still on the board:

290 TANNER CAREW Oregon LS 6'1" 242 233            

While my gf, knee-deep in contractions, continues to suspend the entrance of greenseed5 into this mad world...Let me say this

I will offer my expert drafting consultation for a late 7th round pick...

Partly, because I have a very warped sense of priorities in life. But also, I embrace escapism. 

• Sympathy 3
  • Haha 2

As a public service for all of us draft shut-ins to get to know the prospects better, here is a one line description of what I found out about these stiffs I drafted:

1. Rosen: Enough said. I think he’s an ideal Giants pick and the Giants are ideal for him.

2. Connor Williams, OT/OG (6’5, 320 lbs): Was at one time projected to be a top ten pick at OLT, but fell off a bit this year. Plus athlete (5.08/40; 26 reps; 34 vj) with short arms who might be destined for guard. 

3. Rasheem Green, DE (6’5, 275) Former five-star who left USC a year early after putting up ten sacks and 12.5 TFL. Needs another year to grow into his body, but has a ton of potential. Giants are switching to a 3-4 and needed some athletes.

4. Kemoko Turay, OLB (6’5, 253) Prototypical size and athleticism for a pass rushing OLB, but came to the game late and is super raw. Additionally, has been dinged up throughout his college career. Went to the Senior Bowl and looked amazing in drills, showing good bend around the corner. You’d be drafting this guy strictly on a hope and prayer, gambling that he can stay healthy.

5. J’Mon Moore, WR (6’3, 190 lbs) Big, tough receiver in the Brandon Marshall mould who does a lot of his work after the catch. Timed decently (4.48/40, 38 vj, 6.56 3c) but has issues with drops.

6. JC Jackson, CB (5’10, 202) Athletic press corner who was thrown out of UF after being charged with armed robbery, for which he was eventually cleared. Would be projected higher if not for the incident.

7. Trenton Thompson, DE (6’4, 288) Athletic, potentially disruptive DL project who, like Turay, has had some injuries. Part of a buzzsaw Georgia defense that kicked a lot of ass. Lith, resident UGA expert, is not a fan. 

8. Rashaan Gaulden, CB (6’1, 197) Pedestrian athletic numbers (4.61/40, 7.18 3c), but the draft media loves him anyway, pointing to his physicality and competitiveness. 

9. Tarvarius Moore, FS (6’1, 190) Freak athlete (4.32/40, 6.89 3c, 39.5 vj) who played FS for Southern Miss, but has potential to come down and play the slot. 

10. Brendan Mahon, OG (6’4, 320) Big, tough, experienced guard from a run-heavy offense at PSU. Played all over the line.

11. Ryan Nall, RB (6’2, 230) Big back with plus athletic traits and soft hands who is projected to find a home at H-back. 

12. Timon Parris, OT (6,6, 312) Big, athletic developmental prospect from a small school who impressed at the Senior Bowl.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As a public service for all of us draft shut-ins to get to know the prospects better, here is a one line description of what I found out about these stiffs I drafted:

1. Rosen: Enough said. I think he’s an ideal Giants pick and the Giants are ideal for him.

2. Connor Williams, OT/OG (6’5, 320 lbs): Was at one time projected to be a top ten pick at OLT, but fell off a bit this year. Plus athlete (5.08/40; 26 reps; 34 vj) with short arms who might be destined for guard. 

3. Rasheem Green, DE (6’5, 275) Former five-star who left USC a year early after putting up ten sacks and 12.5 TFL. Needs another year to grow into his body, but has a ton of potential. Giants are switching to a 3-4 and needed some athletes.

4. Kemoko Turay, OLB (6’5, 253) Prototypical size and athleticism for a pass rushing OLB, but came to the game late and is super raw. Additionally, has been dinged up throughout his college career. Went to the Senior Bowl and looked amazing in drills, showing good bend around the corner. You’d be drafting this guy strictly on a hope and prayer, gambling that he can stay healthy.

5. J’Mon Moore, WR (6’3, 190 lbs) Big, tough receiver in the Brandon Marshall mould who does a lot of his work after the catch. Timed decently (4.48/40, 38 vj, 6.56 3c) but has issues with drops.

6. JC Jackson, CB (5’10, 202) Athletic press corner who was thrown out of UF after being charged with armed robbery, for which he was eventually cleared. Would be projected higher if not for the incident.

7. Trenton Thompson, DE (6’4, 288) Athletic, potentially disruptive DL project who, like Turay, has had some injuries. Part of a buzzsaw Georgia defense that kicked a lot of ass. Lith, resident UGA expert, is not a fan. 

8. Rashaan Gaulden, CB (6’1, 197) Pedestrian athletic numbers (4.61/40, 7.18 3c), but the draft media loves him anyway, pointing to his physicality and competitiveness. 

9. Tarvarius Moore, FS (6’1, 190) Freak athlete (4.32/40, 6.89 3c, 39.5 vj) who played FS for Southern Miss, but has potential to come down and play the slot. 

10. Brendan Mahon, OG (6’4, 320) Big, tough, experienced guard from a run-heavy offense at PSU. Played all over the line.

11. Ryan Nall, RB (6’2, 230) Big back with plus athletic traits and soft hands who is projected to find a home at H-back. 

12. Timon Parris, OT (6,6, 312) Big, athletic developmental prospect from a small school who impressed at the Senior Bowl.

GOOD GRIEF !! Didn't realize you had that many picks. NE only had 4 of their own plus 2 comp. picks and 1 in a trade.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Thanks Idzik!

• Haha 3