JetNation 2018 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

i'm gonna go ahead and disagree. I've watched a lot of chargers football. More than you I would speculate based on my fantasy investments. Calling Tyrell a scrub is no. I'll agree Mike Williams rookie campaign left a lot to be desired, but benjamin does not run slot WR routes. like not even close... Without trying to sound like a prick, i don't think you know their receivers very well. 

I've watch plenty of Chargers football over the last two years, and I would speculate it was much more then you.

And while it might be true that Benjamin doesn't run slot WR routes...he's also not 6-4 230.  The point was and still remains they don't have a WR that plays like a Brandon Marshall.  A guy who can be a dominant force in the red zone and take down 50/50 balls.  They relied on Antonio Gates to do this for years, they can't so much anymore.  In my version of the Chargers...they can now. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

LOL this is sorta my favorite part. I have my next two picks....Just waiting to see if they're still gonna be there or not now. 

Who do you want? You can tell me I won’t say anything. 

21 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I've watch plenty of Chargers football over the last two years, and I would speculate it was much more then you.

And while it might be true that Benjamin doesn't run slot WR routes...he's also not 6-4 230.  The point was and still remains they don't have a WR that plays like a Brandon Marshall.  A guy who can be a dominant force in the red zone and take down 50/50 balls.  They relied on Antonio Gates to do this for years, they can't so much anymore.  In my version of the Chargers...they can now. 

That's literally Mike Williams, to the T.... and they spend the #7 overall pick on him. You think they're really giving up on him? Cause the only argument for drafting would be depth. Which you have T. Williams as your back up 6'4 guy... I'm not knocking your player, in fact, I haven't really spend any time watching him specifically -- but the notion that the Chargers don't have talent and depth at the position is erroneous IMO. 

I've had Rivers, and Gordon on my team the last 2 years -- and I live on the west coast... so i've seen like 80% of SD/LA chargers games. I have no life on Sunday. 

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like Trenton Thompson is being slept upon because of his injuries. This may just be recency bias on my part because it seemed to me like he was kicking a lot of ass during the title run, but maybe @Lith has some thoughts.

I am not that high on Thompson.  I thought he got pushed around a lot in the title run.  I like the guy that played behind him a lot better, Tyler Clark.  Our defense seemed to be alot better when Clark was on the field instead of Thompson.  We will be talking about Clark next year. Thompson is a fine pick late 5th round, but I am not buying into some of the projections which have him as 3rd or 4th rounder.  Solid against the run.  I have read a few scouting reports that tout him as an interior pass rusher, but I just don't see it.  And he was always playing hurt.

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not that high on Thompson.  I thought he got pushed around a lot in the title run.  I like the guy that played behind him a lot better, Tyler Clark.  Our defense seemed to be alot better when Clark was on the field instead of Thompson.  We will be talking about Clark next year. Thompson is a fine pick late 5th round, but I am not buying into some of the projections which have him as 3rd or 4th rounder.  Solid against the run.  I have read a few scouting reports that tout him as an interior pass rusher, but I just don't see it.  And he was always playing hurt.

This hurts me, but thank you. ?

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This hurts me, but thank you. ?

If the guy can get and stay healthy, he could be a different player.  Taking a shot on the upside at this stage of the draft is not a bad pick. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

If the guy can get and stay healthy, he could be a different player.  Taking a shot on the upside at this stage of the draft is not a bad pick. 

Thanks. I’m betting on a few injury prone guys staying healthy in this draft class, which is why I’d be fired halfway through this season 

I know what you guys are thinking. Hercules, that’s a brilliant pick. Boyitellya.

See, the Redskins ranked 32nd in rush defense, and after drafting Vita Vea in the first round, which would slide Ziggy Hood to DE in their 3-4, thus upgrading TWO spots on the DL.

I wanted to add a real thumper to the LB corp. Not a tackling machine like Zach Brown but a real thumper.  Who better to send crashing through a lead blocker than a converted (undersized) DT?  

12 hours ago, JiF said:

You like Connor Williams but you dont like a guy who gave up 2 sacks in 900 snaps.

Image result for eye roll gif

I hope you like crow because you're going to be eating a ton of it in 22 days.

46 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I know what you guys are thinking. Hercules, that’s a brilliant pick. Boyitellya.

See, the Redskins ranked 32nd in rush defense, and after drafting Vita Vea in the first round, which would slide Ziggy Hood to DE in their 3-4, thus upgrading TWO spots on the DL.

I wanted to add a real thumper to the LB corp. Not a tackling machine like Zach Brown but a real thumper.  Who better to send crashing through a lead blocker than a converted (undersized) DT?  

Dude, you ninja'd me. He was my guy there. Loved everything I read in the scouting report about his motor, and figured the 5th round is the perfect place to pick a project like him. Nice get.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

LOL this is sorta my favorite part. I have my next two picks....Just waiting to see if they're still gonna be there or not now. 

Ive never done a mock where I haven't been sniped at least once.  Happens all the time.

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

That's supposed to be Mike Williams, right?  He can be that if he gets healthy. Too soon to bail on him, IMO. 1st round pick with a lot of talent

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I drafted a man exclusively because of this tweet. I am shame.

Also the first guy taken that was not on the 490+ player rankings in the spreadsheet. Had to add him in manually.  I guess I could have just swapped him in to where Steven Richardson used to be.

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Also the first guy taken that was not on the 490+ player rankings in the spreadsheet. Had to add him in manually.  I guess I could have just swapped him in to where Steven Richardson used to be.

It’d be pretty amazing if Tarvarius Moore was your brother in law.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’d be pretty amazing if Tarvarius Moore was your brother in law.

He would not be sober enough to run a 4.3.  Maybe if he was 40 yards away from a Liquor Store that was closing in less than 5 seconds.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

He would not be sober enough to run a 4.3.  Maybe if he was 40 yards away from a Liquor Store that was closing in less than 5 seconds.

Wasn't sure if you were making fun of Moore or you brother in law. 

Doesn't Shane get extra points for picking somebody off the sheet?  I'm surprised that Moore isn't on your board.  PFF has him ranked as their 8th S and he seems like one of the few true cover first safeties.

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lith -- what's earlies draft like this you have filed away? 2012 or so? I'd be fun to compare our draft classes vs real ones 5 years removed and see successful we are. The first 3 rounds is... i mean, there's a lot of factors there, but it would interesting to see how many consistently picked good players in the 4-7th round. 

No.  Did not go back that far.  I have Hampur drafts from 15 - 17 and JN from 15,& 17.  2016 is missing.  I can throw up links to them when I get home tonight.

I know.  A bit of a reach to trade up for Justin Watson.  But last year I had the opportunity to draft Penn QB Alex Torgersen and I waited too long, both here and at the Hampur.  Then earlier this year I did a mock on Facebook and Justin Watson was taken in the 6th, one pick ahead of me.  Watson was called up from Shirine Game to Sr Bowl.  Solid senior bowl week.  Strong pro day a couple of weeks ago.

I finally get a chance to draft a fellow Penn Quaker.  (Georgia was grad school).

20 hours ago, HessStation said:

LOL this is sorta my favorite piart. I have my next two picks....Just waiting to see if they're still gonna be there or not now. 

Mine too.  Toth was one of your guys?  I liked him for the Ravens as UDFA! The biggest issue for me is when I pick out my 6th and 7th rounders and the 6th rounder gets picked.  Do you pick the  guy you thought would be around in the 7th or look for someone else?

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mine too.  Toth was one of your guys?  I liked him for the Ravens as UDFA! The biggest issue for me is when I pick out my 6th and 7th rounders and the 6th rounder gets picked.  Do you pick the  guy you thought would be around in the 7th or look for someone else?

Does Toth have a service commitment coming out of Army?

Archived