The Jets sign Kevin Minter, ILB

T0mShane

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is a terrific signing. He played for Bowles in Arizona and played damn well. I wanted him last offseason but he bolted to the Colts and I guess that didn’t work out in the 4-3 scheme.(ironically now they switch to 3-4)

Awesome depth.

I agree , he is a legit tackling machine.  He's not a great cover LB , but is a beast vs the run.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

27 years old, athletic, lol Darron Lee adios you suck

I think this board is a little overly mean on Lee. He's not an everydown LB who should have gone in the 4th round to play like a Nickle backer role on passing downs. I get he wasn't exceptional in coverage to start but improving there and instincts should come in time.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I think this board is a little overly mean on Lee. He's not an everydown LB who should have gone in the 4th round to play like a Nickle backer role on passing downs. I get he wasn't exceptional in coverage to start but improving there and instincts should come in time.

they should be blitzing him more with his speed.

Good pick up I guess, I think we feel the need to spend that cap money, wish they would have waited for june cuts to be honest.

Also a remarkable indictment on picking a fing ilb at 21 in the draft.  Decent ilbs shake loose all the time,.

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is a terrific signing. He played for Bowles in Arizona and played damn well. I wanted him last offseason but he bolted to the Colts and I guess that didn’t work out in the 4-3 scheme.(ironically now they switch to 3-4)

Awesome depth.

He played with Cincy last year but only played 9 games.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

He played with Cincy last year but only played 9 games.

Hmm..sure did..could of swore he went to the Colts.

Still really like this signing. We need a coverage LB-er even if the guy isn’t on the field for 3 downs.

Darron Lee is suppose to be that guy and it seems they are treating him like he is. Hopefully he can improve. He did get better last year from the year before if anything.

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Awesome depth.

Decent enough signing assuming he was cheap.  As ThaiJet said, it was the Bengals not the Colts.  He played for Bowles in 2013 and 2014, but he didn't really blossom til Bowles left.  His two best years were easily 2015 and 2016.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hmm..sure did..could of swore he went to the Colts.

Still really like this signing. We need a coverage LB-er even if the guy isn’t on the field for 3 downs.

Darron Lee is suppose to be that guy and it seems they are treating him like he is. Hopefully he can improve. He did get better last year from the year before if anything.

Too many players and too many teams. Easy to get confused. Hint: it get worse as you get older  lol

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Decent enough signing assuming he was cheap.  As ThaiJet said, it was the Bengals not the Colts.  He played for Bowles in 2013 and 2014, but he didn't really blossom til Bowles left.  His two best years were easily 2015 and 2016.

Hopefully he just blossomed due to timing and not due to Bowles leaving.?

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Too many players and too many teams. Easy to get confused. Hint: it get worse as you get older  lol

Haha, hey, as long as this team gives me a few players worth remembering I think we will all be happy

Jets signed ILB Kevin Minter and WR Charles Johnson.

Minter should have a chance to compete for early-down snaps at inside linebacker for the Jets. He is a non-factor on passing downs. Johnson was out of the NFL last year. He will slide onto the end of a deep Jets wideout depth chart.

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes we did. What does that make 36 WR's on our roster ?

I remember when MANY said we were so deep at WR .....LOL all those SLUGS will be gone soon Devin Smith,Jalin Marshall,Charone Peake,Chad Hansen,Lucky Whitehead,Jojo Natson,ArDarius Stewart  SEE YAAAAAAA

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah saw that on Rotoworld as well. He was out of the NFL last year but he had a good season the year before that for Minny.

I had him mixed up.  Thought we had signed the DE cap casualty from the Panthers.  Apparently they signed the WR from Grand Valley State that has not had a TD or 100 yard game since 2014. He only had 20/232 in 2016. Serious athlete, but an older dude for the NFL 

Archived