Talent Available Rounds 4-7

KRL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am surprised Okor... is still available. He's a baller. Teams probably think he's too light to play DE or OLB. Watch the Pats scoop him up and create a roll for him.

True, he’s a tweener for today’s NFLs schemes.  Probably best suited as an OLB in a 4-3.  

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Your ability to compartmentalize players and start the agenda trail never disappoint. Never to early

He’s legit a scary dude. Everyone here thinks he’s funny and clever, but he’s exactly the profile that turns into a mass murder one day and feels it’s his right because of Mike McCaggnen and Donald Trump.

The Jets did meet with Sweat at the combine, so they have previously shown interest. I wasn't aware of Sweat's character concerns, but the medicals on that knee must be tricky. He can sit with Bridgewater and compare knee incisions. 

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

The Jets did meet with Sweat at the combine, so they have previously shown interest. I wasn't aware of Sweat's character concerns, but the medicals on that knee must be tricky. He can sit with Bridgewater and compare knee incisions. 

His knee issues go back to high school.  I remember his recruitment and he was considered the #1 overall recruit for his class, colleges don’t really care about the injury stuff because it’s just a scholarship for them, but his knee has been an ongoing issue for a while.  

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

True, he’s a tweener for today’s NFLs schemes.  Probably best suited as an OLB in a 4-3.  

I wonder if teams consider switching to a base 4-3 because there would be less competition for front 7 talent that fits the scheme. But then again so many teams have nickle and dime on the field so often that those should be considered their base D.

I think it's only a matter of time before one LB is swapped out for a LB/S hybrid in most base D's. That way, you've got both a traditional base D and big nickel on the field at all times.

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I wonder if teams consider switching to a base 4-3 because there would be less competition for front 7 talent that fits the scheme. But then again so many teams have nickle and dime on the field so often that those should be considered their base D.

I think it's only a matter of time before one LB is swapped out for a LB/S hybrid in most base D's. That way, you've got both a traditional base D and big nickel on the field at all times.

Teams are in sub packages so often and it seems the slot corner or nickel back is always on the field now anyway.  I think the old 3-4 OLB that used to be the 265 pound edge guy is all but gone now.  

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mac will just pick defense.  Forget protecting our new QB.

Keep an eye on Brett Toth - Army in the 5th or 6th. Has a 2 yr commitment but he impressed all through the pre-draft process. Could be future LT..Jets have Beachum for 2 more yrs and Ijana this year.

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Aright Mac daddy....this is where the good teams separate themselves. Finding gems in the later rounds. If you don't mind finding us the next Antonio Brown or something, that'd be cool. Thanks. 

His name is Antonio Calloway.

Legit first round talent (check him out in draft forum) but he loves the weed.  If he’s there in 5th we gotta take him. Gotta. He was one of the guys we brought him in for a visit, and we seem to have a pretty stout “second chances” policy in place under Chris Johnson’s watch. 

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Just ******* pick someone that fills a need on offense to help Darnold. You trade away 3 high picks to get a QB then draft a ******* D2 DT instead of building a team around him. ******* idiots. 

slow down. they addressed C in FA..I wouldn't rule out Ben Braden/Dozier as OG depth...They addressed RB in FA, WR Pryor, TEs Warford, Hodges. Leggett & Sterling coming back..And they'll have $100m next offseason. 

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

His name is Antonio Calloway.

Legit first round talent (check him out in draft forum) but he loves the weed.  If he’s there in 5th we gotta take him. Gotta. He was one of the guys we brought him in for a visit, and we seem to have a pretty stout “second chances” policy in place under Chris Johnson’s watch. 

If Donahue can drive the wrong way into a tunnel drunk and still be on the team, then I don't see why loving weed should be a problem. 

19 minutes ago, C Mart said:

slow down. they addressed C in FA..I wouldn't rule out Ben Braden/Dozier as OG depth...They addressed RB in FA, WR Pryor, TEs Warford, Hodges. Leggett & Sterling coming back..And they'll have $100m next offseason. 

Most of those guys suck. Long is complete sh*t, they need better Gs and Ts and oline depth, the WRs and RBs are jags and the TE are awful.

There’s no point of getting QB if you’re not going to surround him with everything he needs to succeed. It would be nice if the ******* FO would for once concentrate on the offense instead of DT, S and CB. It’s getting ******* ridiculous. 

38 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Just ******* pick someone that fills a need on offense to help Darnold. You trade away 3 high picks to get a QB then draft a ******* D2 DT instead of building a team around him. ******* idiots. 

I hope you are not suggesting, the jets were actually going to pick a Olineman before the 5th round. Are you crazy ? That’s taboo for NY jets ! Yes I was disappointed we didn’t address the biggest weakness of the team, Oline. Which means likely we won’t see darnold this yr. They aren’t even attempting to fix that issue. We know darnold did amazing 2 years ago when he had a good Oline. Last he did not , which hopefully is only reason why he led nation in turnovers. I guess we will have to wait until next FA/draft to bolster this weak line for the kid.

Some names for positions IMO Jets still need..Bolded Jets have brought in or worked out

Edge: Duke Ejiofor, Sweat, Holland, OO, Armstrong, Olasunkanmi Adeniyi...

OL: Toth - Army, Matthew Gono - G, Wesley, Jamil Demby, OT, Maine, Nicholas Falah, C, USC (Pro Day)

8 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mac will just pick defense.  Forget protecting our new QB.

I doubt Darnold sees the field much in 2018 so he should be fine. McClown will be backed up by Teddy if he gets injured.  I don’t see Darnold playing at all until last 2-3 games after we’ve been eliminated.  We have next year’s draft and big free agency money to upgrade the OL. 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Most of those guys suck. Long is complete sh*t, they need better Gs and Ts and oline depth, the WRs and RBs are jags and the TE are awful.

There’s no point of getting QB if you’re not going to surround him with everything he needs to succeed. It would be nice if the ******* FO would for once concentrate on the offense instead of DT, S and CB. It’s getting ******* ridiculous. 

who do you want in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th? 

@Jenny Vrentas

Some teams may have taken Maurice Hurst Jr off their boards but others may have put him on a risk & reward board—a player with a 1st-round grade and a health concern may go in the 4/5 rd, where risk of the pick is

"He's only going to play for 4-3, upfield teams as a three-technique. That's the only place that works for him. He's got a get-off that is crazy fast and if he gets with the right coordinator, he's going to be tough to block." - AFC team area scout

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/maurice-hurst?id=32462018-0002-5598-8798-e46b4c7bd5a7

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

who do you want in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th? 

Eq St. Brown WR Norte Dame. This kid is a nightmare matchup in the red zone. Darnold needs a WR to grow with. Has good speed, good hands, makes tough catches in traffic instead of these little peep squeaks we have on this roster.

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Eq St. Brown WR Norte Dame. This kid is a nightmare matchup in the red zone. Darnold needs a WR to grow with. Has good speed, good hands, makes tough catches in traffic instead of these little peep squeaks we have on this roster.

No issue w/ESBrown

little peep squeaks?

Pryor, QE, Hanson, Anderson, Peake are all 6'2" or more..Kearse, Stewart are 6'1

Archived