Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

13 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

After seeing SAR's pick, I'm just getting the white Darnold vapor limited stitched jersey.

I cancelled the other 2 and will reorder when they are available in that version.

Its called Spotlight White.

Get it right.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Congratulations, Jets. You are the only team to have the name of your team...as your logo.

Genius, I tell ya. Actually it's the football that kills me.

We are the Jets and we play with this object here underneath the writing that tells you our name. In case you were confused.

I'm surprised they didn't just spell out THE JETS with an exclamation point to boot.

Just wait for the next re-design when they realize people may not know it’s American Football. There’s gotta be room for our flag in there too, right?

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

0-C3-B3435-DAA1-451-B-A13-F-F7-EB82-DF53

Agreed. And Sam and Jamal love the new logo.  And the Concorde doesn't fly anymore.

SAR I

Do...do you think the Concorde is the only Jet that has ever flown? You keep referencing that. Its kinda weird. Or extremely stupid.

You called Jet aircraft "outdated technology". LOL. Thats just silly...but we get it. You would like and mindlessly shill for anything this bumbling organization does. Copy. Understand. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I think the change is good, could have been better, could have been worse.

I like it all better today than I did when I first saw it, just the fact it's new is good.

While I liked the older styles, they were getting painful to look at. 

Hopefully we will start winning.

Fixed that for you. You can't use again and winning in the same sentence as "we" if you're a Jet fan. Those three things cannot co-exist.

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2019 at 9:11 PM, SAR I said:

1.  Because it's been there for 50 years on every piece of Jets merchandise anyone has ever bought.

2.  Because an airplane would look stupid.

SAR I

The football was stylized and integrated into the logo that comprised the jets logo. The mini football on this helmet adds absolutely nothing. If they show horned it in there because of the old logo...then what's the point?  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

The football was stylized and integrated into the logo that comprised the jets logo. The mini football on this helmet adds absolutely nothing. If they show horned it in there because of the old logo...then what's the point?  

The football has 40 years on the helmet.

Just stop already. They made the helmet honor their history... Both helmets worth.

Get over it

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do...do you think the Concorde is the only Jet that has ever flown? You keep referencing that. Its kinda weird. Or extremely stupid.

You called Jet aircraft "outdated technology". LOL. Thats just silly...but we get it. You would like and mindlessly shill for anything this bumbling organization does. Copy. Understand. 

I don't "shill" for Fireman Ed, I don't "shill" for Color Rush, I don't "shill" for paid Military Recognition's, I don't "shill" for the Chant, I hate how they embrace tailgating.  There are a ton of things I don't support the team on.  Had they ruined the uniforms I'd be grossly disappointed.  But the opposite happened.  They are gorgeous.

In 1964 the "Jet Age" had begun, passengers could fly coast to coast or to London in a fraction of the time it used to take.  The Space Race was in full swing.  The concept of high speed travel was all the rage.  By the time the Jets decided internally to re-brand in 1977 the Concorde had fascinated the public's imagination having just entered service a few months earlier.  It was a new Jet Age.  We were going Supersonic!

Here 40 years later, the Jet Age is about as exciting as taking a bus.  And the only innovation in jet technology are fighter aircraft, military hardware.  You can't develop a 30-year international entertainment brand around a logo of a killing machine.

So fundamentally, the NY Jets have a problem.  Association with the Jet Age is passe and association with cutting edge jet technology is completely military in nature.  And we have a brand, a $3 Billion dollar brand, and people know our current oval logo worldwide.  So when the time comes to update the uniforms and the logo, we make a bit of a tweak to the existing logo, it's a nod to our heritage, it's what Joe Willie wore as MVP of Super Bowl III, and that solves the problem.

Smart people can come to these conclusions rather easily.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Charlatans!

Outrage!  Renderings!  Petitions!  Polls!  Banners!  Bi-planes!

The Yankees have a baseball and a bat on their logo?  Are we stupid?  We don't know they play (wait for it....) baseball?

SAR I

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

balls.jpg

BASEBALLS?

BASKETBALLS?

BATS?

STICKS?

PUCKS?

WTF are these local teams doing?  Awful!  Outrage!  Screams!  Tears!  Renderings!  Petitions!  Boycotts!

SAR I

If you can't see the difference between those logos and a team name in block letters with a football inserted underneath it, there's not much I can do to help you.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

balls.jpg

BASEBALLS?

BASKETBALLS?

BATS?

STICKS?

PUCKS?

WTF are these local teams doing?  Awful!  Outrage!  Screams!  Tears!  Renderings!  Petitions!  Boycotts!

SAR I

Not a single one of those logos is well designed. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Charlatans!

legends.jpg

And don't get me started on the Jets adding "NEW YORK" across the front of the jersey.  I wouldn't want Sam Darnold or Jamal Adams associated with these pathetic athletes and their humiliating jerseys.  What, we need someone to tell us that the Yankees play in New York?  Are we stupid?

SAR I

• Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not a single one of those logos is well designed. 

Perhaps, but they tell the story, don't they?  Glance for a half a second and you immediately know what sports those teams play.  Someone in Mexico City is like "Who are the Nets?" but show them a logo with a basketball, ah, they get it.

"Jets" doesn't mean anything unless its connected to New York and Football.  Then it's worth $3 Billion dollars.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

Just saw this on Twitter - not sure it has been posted here. The laces on the ball have been slightly tweaked to represent a jet with the wings on each side. They should use this immediately. It finishes the logo in a really smart way by having the much needed reference to a jet. 

A72458FD-7F16-4212-8C8E-AC91ED3D6BE4.jpeg

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Yeah, they're like YMCA recreational club logos.

LOL, the Microsoft Paint Brigade is in full effect tonight.

Listen fellas, learn to like the helmet.  The team has spoken, the players have spoken, harsh critics have spoken, everyone likes them.  You will too..  Trust me, when we're 6-2 at the turn in late October, you'll be loving them.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

balls.jpg&key=3e9657cc1c4e36467aca77f6deeb0e7ed993465fc52c00074c99c8dee7ea6c70
BASEBALLS?
BASKETBALLS?
BATS?
STICKS?
PUCKS?
SAR I

As seen in your second set of pictures, not a single one of these teams use these logos as the primary logo on their uniform. These are all secondary logos, which is exactly what the new Jets one should have been.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Greensleeves said:

Just saw this on Twitter - not sure it has been posted here. The laces on the ball have been slightly tweaked to represent a jet with the wings on each side. They should use this immediately. It finishes the logo in a really smart way by having the much needed reference to a jet. 

A72458FD-7F16-4212-8C8E-AC91ED3D6BE4.jpeg

I am absolutely laughing right now.  Little sticks and twigs on a football you won't be able to see from your seats either at the stadium or on your couch is getting this much attention?  LOL. 

The logo on the helmet isn't a SOJ moment but this Microsoft Painting surely is.  We'll win the Super Bowl and you'll be complaining because there was too much black confetti.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1