Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I do.  As I said earlier, I had no problem with the last/Parcells uniform but understand why they wanted to do this.  I think they look good, look modern and clean.  Theyre not over the top and goofy.  I can see not wanting to see the change but I cant see how anyone could hate them as much as some who are carrying on 

Seems like every show today, every panel, all really like them.

Someone reported theyre selling like crazy.  I guess fans like them

So I guess they accomplished their goals.

I anticipated hating them but I actually think its a good contemporary design and like it. Esp the helmet.

My only negative is that I saw it as unnecessary, thought the unis were fine.

• Upvote 1

They’re ok, although I like the Jets Edge on the shoulders a lot. I would’ve preferred a more aggressive look while keeping some of the traditional accents but that’s just me. I don’t believe many wanted an aggressive look from some point of views so maybe the Jets did the right thing by staying on the conservative side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

it's the only acceptable reaction to the stale and tired ol' "you shouldn't use the pronouns 'we', 'us', 'ours' when discussing your favorite teams, because you are not a member of the team" commentary.  Haven't seen that one in several years.  It was a lame response back then and it is a lame response now.

Cool story bro. How do you feel about your new unis?

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I had an epiphany this morning driving to work. The reason we don't have Jet Airplane themed logo etc. is because the Johnsons think the team is named after the street gang in West Side Story. They have no idea its based on something so...brutish... as High Speed Aircraft.

It all makes sense to me now. Badass.....

The helmet logo is the only thing I dislike.

The uniforms are....fine. 

Wait a second, are you trying to say that's not the case?!?  I feel so lied to.

Well if you're not a Jet to your last dying day, then what the hell are we all still doing here?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don’t watch college or Canadian football so similarity to their team’s uniforms makes absolutely no impression on me, we could have copied North Texas (who?) to the letter and I couldn’t care less. 

Do the Jets new uniforms look good?  That’s the only question that needs answering.  They do.

SAR I

It doesn't matter if you watch it or not. It's there in front of you now. 

To answer your question, they do not look good. 

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

It doesn't matter if you watch it or not. It's there in front of you now. 

To answer your question, they do not look good. 

I watch the NFL.  The Jets have a fresh and unique green uniform in the NFL.  What also-ran leagues and kiddie schools wear is of no consequence.

If you don't like the uniform and the design process, that's fine, don't follow the Jets anymore.  We are #1 in the AFC in attendance every year since 2010 and last year we were #2 in the entire league.  We have more than enough fans.

SAR I

We are never going to compete with the Packers, 49ers, Bears, Saints, etc. for best uniform in the NFL.  No way.
But among the 10 or so teams that have modern uni's, I think we're #1 or #2 and that doesn't suck.
SAR I

The packers look like a giant Jamaican flag , they’re ok

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

that's over.  Time to move forward. 

More residue of having a human mascot-  they won't go away even when they betray the fans and the franchise that they were mistakenly elevated to represent.

You can bet the New York Jets and all other professional sports leagues will never allow that to happen again.  I pray the Jets create a new, friendly, unselfish, and quiet mascot named Jetsie.  A minimum wage worker in a stuffed animal suit that they can fire if he acts up.  Kids don't like the mascot?  Fine, throw the stuffed animal costume in a furnace and try again with a different character.  The rebranding isn't complete until Fireman Ed is gone.  Tickets rescinded.  Chant blacklisted.  The dirty past laid to rest.

SAR I

1 hour ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Good way to verify the actual people who attended that game.  

LOL...   Sorry SAR, there are Pats fans in the first row of 232A.  In fact, there are Pats fans everywhere in every freaking row and section.  

Whoever selected THIS game to tag yourself or friends was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I hope these new uniforms revitalize the home crowd so not so many out of town fans are in the seats. 

I also hope Fireman Ed makes a comeback the fans and the NY Jets need him. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Image result for fireman ed pics

no.  just no.  he's done.  Move forward, not backward... that's one of the reasons for the new uniforms...  

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I watch the NFL.  The Jets have a fresh and unique green uniform in the NFL.  What also-ran leagues and kiddie schools wear is of no consequence.

If you don't like the uniform and the design process, that's fine, don't follow the Jets anymore.  We are #1 in the AFC in attendance every year since 2010 and last year we were #2 in the entire league.  We have more than enough fans.

SAR I

What type of nonsense argument is don't follow the jets anymore if you don't like their uniforms. 

You really have your head up your ass.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL...   Sorry SAR, there are Pats fans in the first row of 232A.  In fact, there are Pats fans everywhere in every freaking row and section.  

Whoever selected THIS game to tag yourself or friends was not the sharpest tool in the shed.

It's one of the downsides of Row 1 seats-  when people in the back see them sitting there empty they sneak down and there's no one there to stop them.  I've attended games alone with my 3 seats empty next to me and have had random fans attempt to sit there as if they have the tickets.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

What type of nonsense argument is don't follow the jets anymore if you don't like their uniforms. 

You really have your head up your ass.

If you are this offended by the uniforms the Jets wear to complain about it to this extent then you have two choices:

1.  Suck it up.
2.  Find a team with uniforms you find satisfactory.

Today is a perfectly fine day for whining.  The wound is still fresh for some of you who (LOL) didn't believe the leaks were leaks.  I expect the crying to stop at midnight.  This is football.  Not tennis.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

no.  just no.  he's done.  Move forward, not backward... that's one of the reasons for the new uniforms...  

I just emailed Neil Glat thanking him for the new uniforms and asking him to make the Chant and all references to Fireman Ed a part of the old Jets branding that we just tossed in the garbage.  Fingers crossed.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I just emailed Neil Glat thanking him for the new uniforms and asking him to make the Chant and all references to Fireman Ed a part of the old Jets branding that we just tossed in the garbage.  Fingers crossed.

SAR I

I hope Fireman Ed emails Neil Glat too and asks him to toss your PSL, front row seats, and overall pomposity in the garbage as well.  Fingers crossed.   :cheers:

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I hope these new uniforms revitalize the home crowd so not so many out of town fans are in the seats. 

I also hope Fireman Ed makes a comeback the fans and the NY Jets need him. 

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Image result for fireman ed pics

Winning does that.  Winning makes you go to every game.  Losing leads some people to sell their tickets and do something else.  Its pretty simpe

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Winning does that.  Winning makes you go to every game.  Losing leads some people to sell their tickets and do something else.  Its pretty simpe

Exciting things going to happen at MetLife need to get the diehards back in that stadium where they belong. 

Myself included. 

• Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you are this offended by the uniforms the Jets wear to complain about it to this extent then you have two choices:

1.  Suck it up.
2.  Find a team with uniforms you find satisfactory.

Today is a perfectly fine day for whining.  The wound is still fresh for some of you who (LOL) didn't believe the leaks were leaks.  I expect the crying to stop at midnight.  This is football.  Not tennis.

SAR I

Speaking of which has anyone seen @Jet Nut since the reveal? He was adamant the leaks were fake. Hope hes ok

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Speaking of which has anyone seen @Jet Nut since the reveal? He was adamant the leaks were fake. Hope hes ok

Actually I was adamant that I had my doubts.  That I liked the leaks.  I also said that bragging shouldn't be part of the equation if one persons guess was right and another's wrong.  Probably why I haven't stayed away since the reveal proved I guessed wrong.  

Its not hard or embarrassing to have been wrong.  Try it, start with the insinuation that I haven't been here because I was wrong

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Who've also finished in last place in their Division 4 times in the past 5 years.