***OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY ASCENSION OF DARNOLD THREAD GET UP***

T0mShane

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Larz said:

Gawd preseason always sucks but now that they can't hit anymore that was brutal 

It's ridiculous. Might as well start playing 2 hand touch. Any time there's a good hit,  you know it's going to be a penalty. It's taking a lot out of the game

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Sam trying to get a had shake from Norman while he drools over Anderson was kind of funny. Waiting like a kid while his dad talks to an old buddy he hasn’t seen in years

It's called manners. Sam is the kind you bring home to momma.

Just now, jetrider said:

Schizos and schizoids, it's freakin preseason. The primary game plan is to evaluate talent and trim the roster correctly.

Winning the game is secondary.

Exposing weaknesses is most beneficial. 

Exposing our weaknesses is all and good, if we had, you know, a GM that could fill those holes or a coach that could game plan around them.

3 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Schizos and schizoids, it's freakin preseason. The primary game plan is to evaluate talent and trim the roster correctly.

No oline

No pass rusher

No threat WR or TE or WR

But then again these are the same weaknesses the team has had for the last 4 years.

GAME RECAP:

1. The Jets got pushed around all week and got pushed around tonight, especially in the trenches. This is no bueno and they can’t overcome being both unathletic AND soft. The Redskins aren’t exactly a brawler football team and we made them look like the Ray Lewis Ravens.

2. You have to start wondering what the receiving corps is going to look like, because Anderson, Kearse, and Enunwa have shown nothing this summer. Tre McBride and Charles Johnson have been the best receivers throughout camp, and that’s not good news. Recall that certain receivers have always had good statistical seasons playing with McCown over his career (remember Travis Benjamin and Gary Barnidge?). It’s not impossible that we’ve seen the best of Robbie Anderson, especially with Darnold’s issues with the deep ball. 

3. Darron Lee.

4. Quarterbacks all over the league are starting to get dinged up, and Bridgewater looks healthy and passable as a starter. There is zero—ZERO—reason not to trade him if and when a decent offer comes their way. Hanging on to him would be Mets-ian.

5. Darnold was fine. Nothing bad, nothing amazing. The good news is that he looks like he belongs. He’s not getting wrecked by blitzes he didn’t recognize, and he’s not throwing INTs to corners trying to bait him. He also doesn’t go into a shell when plays go bad, which we haven’t seen here since Favre.

6. A developing issue is special teams, which is a reflection of the team’s lack of athleticism  up and down the roster. If the Jets are smart, they find a way to keep guys like Derrick Jones, Frankie Luvu, Obum Gwachum,and Tre McBride on the roster and cut some stiffs who can’t move. The roster doesn’t have a legitimate punt or kick returner, and the kicker competition is weird. If the Jets aren’t going to score a lot, and they’re going to play bend/break defense, they can’t afford to dick around in the kicking game. 

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s a crazy question I had in light of the very real scenario that Teddy starts and Darnold is the backup:

Who was the team that was going to pay Josh McCown more than $5 mil per? Who was Macc bidding against?

You have to think of it this way: McCown is like a QB coach (except he costs 50 times more and his salary counts against the cap)

Just now, dbatesman said:

You have to think of it this way: McCown is like a QB coach (except he costs 50 times more and his salary counts against the cap)

He did this with Fitzpatrick and Brandon Marshall, too. Just kinda giving money away. This is weird sh*t.

32 minutes ago, jetrider said:

The predictable, safe 4th and 1 call bothered me won’t lie. Preseason or not. Even more so bc it’s preseason.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

he’s a natural- even though he’s the youngest QB in the league playing with poor protection you never really get the impression that the game is too big for this kid. he’s a keeper 

I’m sorta agreeing w this. I actually think he looked good in a way tonight, given perspective 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He did this with Fitzpatrick and Brandon Marshall, too. Just kinda giving money away. This is weird sh*t.

Macc waiting for Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brandon Marshall, and Josh McCown to return his calls to accept his offer:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

You still wiping SAR's ass? Are you his wife or mother?

If I was Max I'd double the 60 day ban because of you! 

LOL.  Look at the hatred for SAR.  He's a good guy and a good Jets fan.  You're a hater.  Fine.  Everone has issues. Its still a double standard, IMO. 

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m sorta agreeing w this. I actually think he looked good in a way tonight, given perspective 

yeah I mean it’s not like he had a lot of opportunities to make plays, but what’s impressive to me are the little things like staying composed when things break down and the situational awareness- knowing to take a shot and give up the INT on 4th & 1 instead of messing around and giving up more yardage with a sack. stuff like that seems almost instinctual, that’s the exact kind of thing that guys like sanchez and geno never were able to learn

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

“Luuvu” is Hawaiian for, “leads with head.”

I like the kid. Reminds me of a linebacker. Whatever that is. He’s got a pulse and that can only be inspiring to the rest of this deadpan defense that even a holler from Jamaal Peter Potamus Adams can’t excite. 

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

I saw that. He looked like he was possessed. Scary sh*t. I guess the Jets will do that to a coach. 

If Todd Bowles' soul is the one that Satan comes for, for payment for the Super Bowl win, then I'm okay with that.

2 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

I'm at the point where Todd could name BW or Sam and I'd be just fine. Josh is the only "wrong" choice.

When are you knuckleheads going to understand that this is McClown’s ?  team. He will start the season, play into it and Darnold will watch. Teddy will more than likely be traded sooner or later. Whether Darnold gets in by week 8, is questionable. If we are competitive, McClown will remain the starter. I’m fine with either scenario. Darnold is just an elementary kid. This will be his team for the next 20 years. There’s really no rush, especially since our OL sucks like a baboons azz. Of course I’d like to see him take over immediately but I don’t see that happening. 

Do you guys think Darnold isgoing to be just a great game manager because he hasn’t made any eye popping plays or can’t/hasn’t gone deep in his playing time yet?

I’m not saying he is, i’m not thinking he is..i’m asking to make a point.

i want to see something here...please feel free to answer.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Do you guys think Darnold isgoing to be just a great game manager because he hasn’t made any eye popping plays or can’t/hasn’t gone deep in his playing time yet?

I’m not saying he is, i’m not thinking he is..i’m asking to make a point.

i want to see something here...please feel free to answer.

Talk about teenage angst. Give the guy a break. 

Archived