We called Oak about Mack - Get it Done!!

prime21

11 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

Would prefer to go after Fowler for pennies on the dollar, or simply wait until the offseason to go after Mack.  We're already down a 2nd rounder next year, and we can't afford to give up any more premium picks.  Save the picks and pick players who will aid the development of our QB.

Jets actually need both players.  Fowler I think has a huge bust factor especially with Todd Bowles but if he was pass rushing opposite Mack that I would be very enthusiastic about

Offer Oakland Adams, Leo and the 2019 first and 2020 2nd

Offer Jax Teddy and the 2019 3rd

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

No, he won't.  He gets hurt this year, he costs himself 20+M in franchise dollars, minimum.  And he's a FA next year either way.

He doesn't set foot on the field without a new deal

Ok - so say for argument sake Mack doesn't show up this year, then the Raiders franchise tag him next year.

He's not sitting out 2 years.

37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets actually need both players.  Fowler I think has a huge bust factor especially with Todd Bowles but if he was pass rushing opposite Mack that I would be very enthusiastic about

lol what kinda madden world are you living in. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You 2 are insane.  Adams has the trade value of a 2nd-3rd rounder.  Williams isn't the player he was promised to be.  Mack is a future HOFer.  The Raiders would laugh at either offer. 

I took the question to mean which player added to draft picks. I don’t know if it would be just a 1st and player or a 1st +

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The issue is that he is a totally proven player.  I have a feeling they are going to use high picks in a pass rusher anyways.  Oline if by far my preference but guys like thus do not come along every day.  I'm not worried about the cap part of it.  We have tons of cap for a reason.

Agree. Deeper: If you draft a pass rusher in the 1st round and they bust, you are out not just one 1st rounder, but possibly more because you will have to spend additional resources to again. And you still are playing Russian Roulette with success since there’s no way to predict who will transfer their skills set and who will bust. 

So you’ve already spent a first rounder and have to develop the player. That wastes time and then you are stuck with their mediocrity or you have to draft again. Or address the issue in FA.

So the cost is being totally misrepresented here.

You have a proven OLB pass rusher here. No risk. Just pay for the thing you want. No waste of time. No delay. No development. Plug and play. Instantly better defense. Instantly better offense because of less fatigue (DBs don’t have to cover as long), more turnovers, better field position. 

Plus, you have Darnold on his rookie contract now. NOW is the time to get a guy like Mack if you can. It’s a no brainer. Draft picks are OVERVALUED in this particular instance because of the elevated risk associated with them and the reciprocal elimination of risk with Mack.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

No way in hell would I give up Leo, Adams, PLUS 2 high draft picks for just 1 player.  That's insane.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think his not-so-subtle point is from 2016-2017 this is what we’ve done with our own recent 2 firsts plus throw a third for good measure. Plus we already traded them Hackenberg for a conditional 7th we won’t receive.

Mac: Hi Reggie. It’s Mac Jets GM. Ok so how about Adams, Leo, Stewart for Mack. Sweet huh. 

McKenzie: Click. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Problem for you is your team doesn't have enough cash to get it done at the negotiating table with Mack.  So McKenzie would be a moron if he hangs up on anybody.  

That’s what you think.  Mack could get 20- 21  million per year from the Raiders today. Obviously he’s looking for it to average a lot more. There is no one the Raiders want from the Jets.( have a need for)

Just now, Raideraholic said:

That’s what you think.  Mack could get 20- 21  million per year from the Raiders today. Obviously he’s looking for it to average a lot more. There is no one the Raiders want from the Jets.

I don’t see this trade happening. Raiders would want multiple 1’s and 2’s. The only blue chip player we have worth any REAL value is the guy we just traded 3 2’s to move up for - OUR Redhead Wonder.  Move on. Mack will go to camp. If the Raiders continue to play chicken with him off, which looks like it is, they’ll franchise him next year and then he’ll declare FA. Revisit this in 2 years. That’s All Folks. 

18BA91D7-6F4B-4F72-B374-6688535A6C49.gif

17 hours ago, Lith said:

I find it hard to believe that we would be willing to pay the price it would take to get him.  That said, Macc would be negligent if he did not at least pick up the phone and call.

I will believe it when I see it.

Despite some of Maccs whiffs in FA, he is not the type to go on a spending spree. And he has shown so far that he is a pretty shrewd negotiator when it comes to trades (yeah, yeah I know he got nothing for Wilk- but nobody knows what anyone was offering for Wilk either!). So I trust him with the K.Mack situation. He will do his due diligence and if the price is too high, he will not make the deal. HOWEVER, with the cap space the Jets have I do not think Mack's contract will be an issue. I think the concern is how much draft capital Oakland wants. This is def, going to be a wait and see type of situation for Macc. He is probably willing to give up a player like Teddy and a first rounder, but clearly (at least right now), Oakland wants more draft capital. If the hold out drags on, they will have less leverage and a deal will become more likely. But I'm not holding my breath. LOL.     

I dunno......

Havent we learned anything about giving late 20's greedy dickheads a boat load of cash? I can see him getting a sick deal, coming here, underachieving, causing trouble and holding out for even more money in 2 or 3 years.

But then, I do see the merits of the argument that says we have the cash and can afford the risk.

not sure about this move but it would be exciting. 

23 minutes ago, Vader said:

Agree. Deeper: If you draft a pass rusher in the 1st round and they bust, you are out not just one 1st rounder, but possibly more because you will have to spend additional resources to again. And you still are playing Russian Roulette with success since there’s no way to predict who will transfer their skills set and who will bust. 

So you’ve already spent a first rounder and have to develop the player. That wastes time and then you are stuck with their mediocrity or you have to draft again. Or address the issue in FA.

So the cost is being totally misrepresented here.

You have a proven OLB pass rusher here. No risk. Just pay for the thing you want. No waste of time. No delay. No development. Plug and play. Instantly better defense. Instantly better offense because of less fatigue (DBs don’t have to cover as long), more turnovers, better field position. 

Plus, you have Darnold on his rookie contract now. NOW is the time to get a guy like Mack if you can. It’s a no brainer. Draft picks are OVERVALUED in this particular instance because of the elevated risk associated with them and the reciprocal elimination of risk with Mack.

Mack is one player. Granted he’s a great player but it would cost a fortune in picks to get him and a huge sum of FA money. We’ve already wasted numerous picks on scrubs, having to move up etc. I get your point on how these ‘picks’ are not guarantees, but picks are the foundation of rebuilding any team. We can’t keep squandering our picks away and drafting mediocre players. We need a new GM in here pronto who can evaluate talent. Mack is NOT a good fit for this team right now. We have to many holes ? on this team that would warrant such high expenditures.

He plays guitar and sings

hes a good christian

his favorite movie is the sound of music

hes started every game of his career without injury

h averages about 11 sacks per year

YES Im all in. Mac has to find a way to snag him. Just give up picks! we cant draft anyways

OK Ive been reading up on this:

Oakland is crazy not to make him happy. Hes more valuable than vonn miller. Miller was made happy and he earned it. Mack has surpassed miller in sacks and tackles and deserves every penny he wants.

I would love to see him in green and white. And id pay a steep price too. Offer up lee, adams this years second and next years first (lee is so so, adams is ok, we will screw up the draft anyways). This guy is a lawrence taylor talent. 

11 minutes ago, BigO said:

Mack is one player. Granted he’s a great player but it would cost a fortune in picks to get him and a huge sum of FA money. We’ve already wasted numerous picks on scrubs, having to move up etc. I get your point on how these ‘picks’ are not guarantees, but picks are the foundation of rebuilding any team. We can’t keep squandering our picks away and drafting mediocre players. We need a new GM in here pronto who can evaluate talent. Mack is NOT a good fit for this team right now. We have to many holes ? on this team that would warrant such high expenditures.

Every reason you offered against getting mack, actually are reasons why we SHOULD go after him

36 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

No way in hell would I give up Leo, Adams, PLUS 2 high draft picks for just 1 player.  That's insane.

Leo and Adams are wildly overrated and Mac is a crappy drafter.  Enjoy having a bottom 5-6 ranked defense next 5 years that any scrub qb can throw against for 400 yards

34 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

That’s what you think.  Mack could get 20- 21  million per year from the Raiders today. Obviously he’s looking for it to average a lot more. There is no one the Raiders want from the Jets.( have a need for)

No hes not. Its reported he wants 20 mil.  If the Raiders were willing to go to 21 mil it would get done.  He cant possibly want much more than that.  

Trades in football are rarely for players, theyre almost always for draft picks.  To say there is nothing the the Raiders would want from us is nonsense, our draft picks would be fine if theyre looking to move Mack.  

Times have changed about compensation.. Mack in 64 game starts had 40 sacks excellent to be sure. In 64 game starts with the Jets Abe had 53.5 sacks and all we got was the falcons number 29 pick in the 1st rd after they traded their 15th pick to Denver to get the 29th plus a 3rd and 4th rd back.. Now I grant you Abe got playing time in games he didn't start but most Jet fans were happy with the trade as Mangini the great also dumped Kevin Mawae that year for nothing so drafting Mangold saved his butt..

Mack would be a great addition but only at a reasonable price and IMO there is no chance the Raiders will be reasonable in their asking price. I would much rather see us overspend on the offensive side of the ball. Darnold needs weapons and a stronger line far more than our D needs Mack.

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No hes not. Its reported he wants 20 mil.  If the Raiders were willing to go to 21 mil it would get done.  He cant possibly want much more than that.  

Trades in football are rarely for players, theyre almost always for draft picks.  To say there is nothing the the Raiders would want from us is nonsense, our draft picks would be fine if theyre looking to move Mack.  

A Donald looking for 25 million per season, and you're crazy if you think Mack agent isn't looking for something similar .( show me the link where he wants 20 thanks.

The Raiders aren't moving Mack this year .   The new DC has big plans for K Mack.  ( will  force teams to single block him.  Not to mention they  brought in a lot of pass rushers both interior( Pj Hall , and Maurice Hurst)  , and at De.( Arden Key - might be DRoy)   

If they want they will just wait till after this season to trade him.( during 2019 draft).     Draft picks today don't help the Raiders in 2018.    ( why he won't be traded this year). 

When you're talking about elite talent like K Mack at premier position. You better believe you want a top proven player in addition to draft picks . .     Someone Like Jalen Ramsey ( Jaguars) a young player would be start.  That is the kind of player , and position they would have to bring Back in the very least to trade K Mack.

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

A Donald looking for 25 million per season, and you're crazy if you think Mack agent isn't looking for something similar .

The Raiders aren't moving Mack this year .   The new DC has big plans for K Mack.  ( will  force teams to single block him.  Not to mention they  brought in a lot of pass rushers both interior( Pj Hall , and Maurice Hurst)  , and at De.( Arden Key - might be DRoy)   

If they want they will just wait till after this season to trade him.( during 2019 draft).     Draft picks today don't help the Raiders in 2018.    ( why he won't be traded this year). 

Youre not getting that football teams rarely trade players, this isnt baseball.  Draft picks are worth their weight in gold, teams want picks, not players youre willing to get rid of.  

Donalds not getting 25 mil.  Neither is Mack.  For 25 mil youre worse off with him than without him and the draft picks.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre not getting that football teams rarely trade players, this isnt baseball.  Draft picks are worth their weight in gold, teams want picks, not players youre willing to get rid of.  

Donalds not getting 25 mil.  Neither is Mack.  For 25 mil youre worse off with him than without him and the draft picks.  

Now you know why he isn't signed.  Raiders have no problem giving him 20 million per year.   No Defensive player no matter how great they are, is worth 25 million per year.( Qb money).   When A Donald eventually signs,  that will set the market for K Mack.

Also Amari Cooper who has the same agent as Mack will be playing under fifth year option next year.   That's another reason they don't want to set precedent .   When your contract up that's when you get your longterm contract.( also if they can delay the signing till Vegas they save themselves a lot of cash.( No state income tax).

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Now you know why he isn't signed.  Raiders have no problem giving him 20 million per year.   No Defensive player no matter how great they are, is worth 25 million per year.( Qb money).   When A Donald eventually signs,  that will set the market for K Mack.

Also Amari Cooper who has the same agent as Mack will be playing under fifth year option next year.   That's another reason they don't want to set precedent .   When your contract up that's when you get your longterm contract.( also if they can delay the signing till Vegas they save themselves a lot of cash.( No state income tax).

If the Raiders offered 20 mil they would have gotten it done, I dont believe hes holding out for 25 mil. 

The no state income tax is nonsense, he's from florida where there also is no state income tax.  Hes already not paying it, unless hes a total idiot and not taking advantage of it.  

Good lord almighty I’m glad you’re not GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Not to mention they  brought in a lot of pass rushers both interior( Pj Hall , and Maurice Hurst)  , and at De.( Arden Key - might be DRoy)   

It’s so funny that you think these players are automatically good, and will free Mack up to be 1 on 1 just because like always with you they are Raiders players, yes Mack is beast possible HOF player, but STFU about the rest of your garbage please.

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Times have changed about compensation.. Mack in 64 game starts had 40 sacks excellent to be sure. In 64 game starts with the Jets Abe had 53.5 sacks and all we got was the falcons number 29 pick in the 1st rd after they traded their 15th pick to Denver to get the 29th plus a 3rd and 4th rd back.. Now I grant you Abe got playing time in games he didn't start but most Jet fans were happy with the trade as Mangini the great also dumped Kevin Mawae that year for nothing so drafting Mangold saved his butt..

Good point, screw it let's just look for an OL.  

19 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Trade 2020’s first rounder and a pick this year. 

Trade Teddy for a pick to get one back and use your 90 million to make up for the lack of picks in this year’s draft.

just kidding..Idk how we’d pull it off and we probably won’t 

The Raiders are not going to wait 2 years to be able to use a 1st rounder. You would at bare minimum have to reverse that order. 

We would definitely have provide our highest draft pick for this upcoming draft. 

Imagine you're the head of the Raiders, would you make that trade? 

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s so funny that you think these players are automatically good, and will free Mack up to be 1 on 1 just because like always with you they are Raiders players, yes Mack is beast possible HOF player, but STFU about the rest of your garbage please.

Youre talking to a poster who always thinks anyone the Raiders bring in is good, game changers.  Only 2 seasons ago he had them knocking the Pats off of their pedestal and taking the top spot in the NFL.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre talking to a poster who always thinks anyone the Raiders bring in is good, game changers.  Only 2 seasons ago he had them knocking the Pats off of their pedestal and taking the top spot in the NFL.  

What was the name of the "gamebreaking" fullback the Raiders had several years ago that was better than any player on the Jets? Reece?

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If the Raiders offered 20 mil they would have gotten it done, I dont believe hes holding out for 25 mil. 

The no state income tax is nonsense, he's from florida where there also is no state income tax.  Hes already not paying it, unless hes a total idiot and not taking advantage of it.  

There are ways to structure it so you can claim most in your home state, but I do not think players can just say "I live in Florida, I'm not paying income tax."  Most states force you to pay on your salary where you work.  

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What was the name of the "gamebreaking" fullback the Raiders had several years ago that was better than any player on the Jets? Reece?

Something like that.  Pretty damning that we cant even remember his name.

But my all time favorite comment was that Jamarcus Russell was going to set the world on fire, was going to be the top QB in the NFL and that was in the season he was benched and dumped, LOL

1 hour ago, BigO said:

It’s not Mac. Most evaluators are wrong about pass rushers. The hit rate is extremely low. 

The psychology here of jets fans is: “draft picks are valuable” is fine but only to an extent.

At some point, this mentality simply reinforces mediocrity.

Archived