We called Oak about Mack - Get it Done!!

prime21

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

There are ways to structure it so you can claim most in your home state, but I do not think players can just say "I live in Florida, I'm not paying income tax."  Most states force you to pay on your salary where you work.  

Youre right, you have to reside in that state a minimum number of days.  Its one of those 6 months and a day vs just under 6 months.  D Jeter did it his entire Yankee career, was a Florida resident and wasnt from Florida.  

19 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s so funny that you think these players are automatically good, and will free Mack up to be 1 on 1 just because like always with you they are Raiders players, yes Mack is beast possible HOF player, but STFU about the rest of your garbage please.

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre talking to a poster who always thinks anyone the Raiders bring in is good, game changers.  Only 2 seasons ago he had them knocking the Pats off of their pedestal and taking the top spot in the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What was the name of the "gamebreaking" fullback the Raiders had several years ago that was better than any player on the Jets? Reece?

ahhhh the good old days, when the raiders roster was full of all stars

20 minutes ago, Vader said:

It’s not Mac. Most evaluators are wrong about pass rushers. The hit rate is extremely low. 

The psychology here of jets fans is: “draft picks are valuable” is fine but only to an extent.

At some point, this mentality simply reinforces mediocrity.

We need to keep binge drafting mediocre Safeties, ILBs and Interior DL

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

Mack would be a great addition but only at a reasonable price and IMO there is no chance the Raiders will be reasonable in their asking price. I would much rather see us overspend on the offensive side of the ball. Darnold needs weapons and a stronger line far more than our D needs Mack.

stronger line would be my vote., and pass rush through the draft. If we could get fowler that would be sweet, but MacAttack is not worth the price. I would like to keep Darnold healthy first.

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre right, you have to reside in that state a minimum number of days.  Its one of those 6 months and a day vs just under 6 months.  D Jeter did it his entire Yankee career, was a Florida resident and wasnt from Florida.  

Those rules vary from state to state.  You can claim to be a South Dakota resident and only have to have a PO Box and desire to return.  It is what people living in RVs often do.  California may still claim someone to be a resident based on their rules and they tend to hold on fairly tight. That kind of nonsense works with bonuses and endorsement money.  However, IIRC, the money earned on game day is taxable in the state in which it is earned. 

13 hours ago, ECURB said:

Does his contract keep ticking if he never plays? Wouldn't this year not count?

No, his contract does not toll if he holds out - he just wouldn't get an accrued season towards FA if he holds out.  But he already has 4 accrued seasons, making him eligible for unrestricted FA as soon as his contract expires even if he doesn't show.  (Note - Aaron Donald only has 3 accrued seasons because of his holdout last year, which is why he is likely to report this season even without a new deal)

Jets suck at the draft anyways! Do what it takes to get Mack & then also trade a late pick for Fowler. Get both, solve your pass rush problems, just pick all Oline next year. Jets would still have money for a few free agents. Jets are gonna be attractive if Darnold is a daisy & guys will want to play on this team.

Darnold- Mack- Adams- Williams- T Johnson- Winning in the Big Apple, New Jack City Baby! Everyone becomes stars.

23 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jets suck at the draft anyways! Do what it takes to get Mack & then also trade a late pick for Fowler. Get both, solve your pass rush problems, just pick all Oline next year. Jets would still have money for a few free agents. Jets are gonna be attractive if Darnold is a daisy & guys will want to play on this team.

Darnold- Mack- Adams- Williams- T Johnson- Winning in the Big Apple, New Jack City Baby! Everyone becomes stars.

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

If the Raiders offered 20 mil they would have gotten it done, I dont believe hes holding out for 25 mil. 

The no state income tax is nonsense, he's from florida where there also is no state income tax.  Hes already not paying it, unless hes a total idiot and not taking advantage of it.  

How many Jet players are from Florida, you think they aren't paying New Jersey state tax? 

My understanding is that NFL players pay tax based on where they play games.

So a Jet player gets taxed on half their income in NJ, with the rest dependent on where they play.  

My guess is few of them live in NJ more than 180 days per year.  

If you play for JAX but play against the Jets, Giants or Bills, NYS gets some tax. 

To be fair, teams in higher tax states should get a higher cap number.   

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s so funny that you think these players are automatically good, and will free Mack up to be 1 on 1 just because like always with you they are Raiders players, yes Mack is beast possible HOF player, but STFU about the rest of your garbage please.

The Raiders new Dc is disciple of Mike Zimmer.  The defensive scheme will free up Mack to never see another double team.

The Raider rookie defense lineman already shown this preseason they are going to be a load. (Dt Pj Hall 6’1 310 4.7 speed 36 bench press 38’ vertical, DTMaurice Hurst, and are Arden Key - don’t be surprised if isn’t Droy-been that impressive.

49 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

How many Jet players are from Florida, you think they aren't paying New Jersey state tax? 

Hang on to whatever works to keep you convinced that hes signing with the Raiders.  Its cool

7 hours ago, Lith said:

I was not suggesting a $17MM annual average contract.  Was just talking about cap hit for this year and next.  I estimated on the low side -- but it just makes the cost of acquiring him that much more prohibitive.  We are talking about 2 premium draft picks and the money that could be used to sign another 4 players.  That is 6 potential starters.  All to acquire Mack.  He is a great player, but it is not a deal I would want done.

This year and next year are not loaded with special cap problems, though. It goes without saying if we don't artificially drop his cap number down in a given year we can do it for someone else instead. Having him hit $22m, and adding a new $15m player to hit the cap at $10m in y1, is neither better nor worse than having Mack hit $17m next year and the other player hitting at his full $15m average. Either way it's $32m hitting 2019 with $5m pushed off to the future. We don't need to set that up with Mack in advance, before we know who else we're going to sign anyway. 

In the end, he costs whatever we pay him. He isn't less than $20-22m/year just because you moved $10m of the first 2 hits to year 3 (or to whenever). It'd just be that in year 3 his $22m becomes a $27m hit. There's no reason to believe we could better weather a $27m hit in 2020 than a $22m hit in 2019 and 2018. Plus if he's cut before a 5-year deal is up, that still accelerates to a significant cap hit for a player no longer on the team, just like with Mo and others. It doesn't go away, so the only reason for such maneuvering is if we're SB contenders in the manipulation year(s). With a rookie QB and a suspect OL I don't know that this year counts. Certainly not as much as I'd figure two years from now. 

All that said, if we can get someone like Khalil Mack, then get him when you can get him and don't get too clever about it by rationalizing we don't really need him until next year because you don't figure him to be available then. 

On 8/23/2018 at 8:46 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

You 2 are insane.  Adams has the trade value of a 2nd-3rd rounder.  Williams isn't the player he was promised to be.  Mack is a future HOFer.  The Raiders would laugh at either offer. 

You crazy. I'll bet if we dangled Adams in trade this year, Indy would have offered us their #6 overall pick in the draft. Or next year whoever has the #6 overall pick would surely give it to us for Adams. Because strong safeties are worth that. 

29 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hang on to whatever works to keep you convinced that hes signing with the Raiders.  Its cool

Again Mack under contract , and isn't going anywhere.   He will be there week one against the Rams.  Of course going from California high taxes to Nevada with no State taxes saves the Raiders a lot of money.  ( silly for someone to not understand that.)

Wow Gruden doesn't take crap. Just cut last year second round pick Obi Melifonwu who hasn't been able to stay healthy.   Gruden didn't think he likes football.

26 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You crazy. I'll bet if we dangled Adams in trade that someone would absolutely offer us the #6 overall pick in the draft.

No way. Based on what? He hasnt been playing like a #6 pick is expected to play. Hes playing like a nice 3 rd rounder. Which isnt bad, but it is what it is

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

No, his contract does not toll if he holds out - he just wouldn't get an accrued season towards FA if he holds out.  But he already has 4 accrued seasons, making him eligible for unrestricted FA as soon as his contract expires even if he doesn't show.  (Note - Aaron Donald only has 3 accrued seasons because of his holdout last year, which is why he is likely to report this season even without a new deal)

Are you kidding me . What player walking away from 13.8 million .    When the checks start coming , K Mack will be playing for the Raiders.  I don't know what you do for a living, but I don't think you would walk away from 13.8 million.

21 hours ago, Jetworks said:

Jets mortgaged a lot of their draft future to address a decades-old problem, QB. With that done, the opportunity to address their second-longest problem, a game-changing pass rusher in the form of Mack, is tantalizing, but it's still (potentially) taking from Peter to pay Paul, and right now the proverbial Peter (Darnold) is waaaayyyy more important to support via the next few drafts.

This is an excellent point.  Now that they've presumably solved the QB problem, the Jets need to use those 1st rounders to build around Darnold.  That should be the No. 1 goal.

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Are you kidding me . What player walking away from 13.8 million .    When the checks start coming , K Mack will be playing for the Raiders.  I don't know what you do for a living, but I don't think you would walk away from 13.8 million.

Depends if someone else is offering to pay you 20M

Getting a player like Mack isn't a necessity. The Jets will be able to get by if they can just get a little more pressure out of their front seven.

The Pats and Eagles got to the Super Bowl last year without either having a player with 10 or more sacks. They schemed their way to the quarterback. And the Eagles only had 10 more sacks than the Jets. 

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just curious, if you're willing to pay that why wouldn't you make it 5 years $100m with $60m guaranteed? 

Because I think the new CBA is going to change the way contracts are structured. That’s also the reason why I think Cousins only signed for 3 years. I’d absolutely sign the deal you suggested but I think Mack may try to capitalize on 2 big contracts as opposed to having his deal appear smaller in years 4/5 (compared to the new deals being signed) and then no one wanting to sign him to a big deal upon the completion of that contract due to his age.

7 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Depends if someone else is offering to pay you 20M

Yea your under contract to a company for 13.8 million , and some other company offers to pay you twenty.   Are you getting out of the contract.   Now a company  has a option to keep you two more years( franchise tag) after that, and you really don't have any options except stay home. ( again no one's walking away from 13.8 million). 

Btw a player under contract with a team , and some other teams offers him 20 .   The league might be taken a high draft pick away for you because that is a violation - can't be talking about player under contract with another team.

I always wonder why a team with huge cap room in a year doesn’t pay Mack, for instance, $50 million in year 1- then 5 million in subsequent years. It would take a perfectly high character dude to play hard for the sake of playing hard after getting paid.

put in a clause that he has to pay it all back if he is suspended by the Team or for ANY day of holdout for any reason or whatever.

Would guys just totally lose their edge/motivation? 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Yea your under contract to a company for 13.8 million , and some other company offers to pay you twenty.   Are you getting out of the contract.   Now a company  has a option to keep you two more years( franchise tag) after that, and you really don't have any options except stay home. ( again no one's walking away from 13.8 million). 

Btw a player under contract with a team , and some other teams offers him 20 .   The league might be taken a high draft pick away for you because that is a violation - can't be talking about player under contract with another team.

You are one naive kid 

On 8/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, Raideraholic said:

Hello Reggie Mckenize this is the Jets GM I'm calling to find out what it would take to get K Mack. Click. The Raiders hang up on the Jets . The jets Gm talks for another twenty minutes, not realizing there isn't anyone on the other line.

The Jets don't have enough to get a deal done with the Raiders.

Lol, last I head, Reggie was willing to take a first for Mack. 

Archived